Radio Station??

Topic locked
radio station?? Nov 02, 2008
can anyone please tell me how to lounch a radio station in Dubai?
many thanks
xl

muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 02, 2008
the first thing you should look at is the licencing issue. Ministry of Information will have to give you abroadcasting licence....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

xl Nov 02, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:the first thing you should look at is the licencing issue. Ministry of Information will have to give you abroadcasting licence....

many thanks, will do that..
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 02, 2008
Basically you can't. All the frequencies are owned by the UAE government and their licencing department allocates them. Every radio station is governmentally owned, there are no private ones. The majority of frequencies have been allocated, but the individual government media companies are sitting on them for future use. You'd have to pay them several million dirhams a year to 'rent' the frequency, but then they would have to back you.

I've worked in radio here for 5 years and have looked into this for several individuals and companies and it's pretty much impossible.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: radio station?? Nov 09, 2008
muyesser wrote:can anyone please tell me how to lounch a radio station in Dubai?
many thanks
xl

You can "lounch" just about anything in Dubai except radio stations-- I am afraid they are not "lounchable!!!"

Sorry!!! :) :) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 10, 2008
Didn't I just answer that question?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Didn't I just answer that question?

I know you did....

I was just having fun with him regarding the way he spelled the word "LAUNCH!!!"

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum