"Fitna"

Topic locked
"Fitna" Jul 21, 2008
I came across this short film which I think definitely is anti-Islam.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410&q=fitna+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=67&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

I am posting this with no malicious intentions. I just want to let you guys know that there is such a film.
I'd like to know from our muslim friends here what they think about it. Like, if those verses were indeed written in the quran, how do you interpret them really?
Do you really feel the desire of converting everybody to Islam?
How do you really feel about people who are not muslims?
Do you really not trust non-muslims?

The way the film portrayed Islam is very disturbing indeed, and I am not even someone who belongs to any religion.

pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Re: "Fitna" Jul 21, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:I came across this short film which I think definitely is anti-Islam.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410&q=fitna+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=67&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

I am posting this with no malicious intentions. I just want to let you guys know that there is such a film.
I'd like to know from our muslim friends here what they think about it. Like, if those verses were indeed written in the quran, how do you interpret them really?
Do you really feel the desire of converting everybody to Islam?
How do you really feel about people who are not muslims?
Do you really not trust non-muslims?

The way the film portrayed Islam is very disturbing indeed, and I am not even someone who belongs to any religion.

I watched this film before and i am totally disagree of its contents.The western media always proves their negative thoughts about islam.Islam is not an aggressive religion which order his belivers to kill the innocent peoples from other religions.
1.There are verses in Holy Quran which tells musilms how to react incase they are being attacked by their enemies or the enemies of islam.
2. Islam don't force anyone to become a muslim.Its upon your will and Islam gives rights to non-muslims as well.
3. Muslims should respect non-muslims brother & sisters.
4. We do trust non-muslims in certain things.

On the other hand,informations are widely available about everything in this digital age.Everyone can search and find the truth & reality.
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2008
I totally agree with ahmeed80...I find it funny how the western media always seem to find all the negativity in Islam, yet when you really look into the religion and the Quran, it is the most beautiful thing. This is why people who take the time to learn about Islam, embraces it at the end of the day. I personally found peace and the true meaning of family in Islam.
How come the western media doesn't show the postive aspects of Islam? The millions of strangers coming together to be with each other in a mosque etc...Its funny how when I watch the news (I live in the US by the way) there is never a day when I do not hear about a domestic killing, raping, child kidnapping..etc. Yet, they do not mention what religion these people that are doing these crimes. But they (media) are quick to point out if a Muslim does something wrong.
We all have extremists and crazy people in every religion, but that should make us believe that all mankind are extremeist and crazy people.
Why do we pick on the Islam religion, what is the hidden reason of the hatred? Something to think about.
zneens1
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 31, 2008
Hi!
I've also seen the film and I know for sure that it's all about getting attention. The man behind this film was Geert Wilders and after he saw that people in Holland got attention by making islam look bad he copied them in their actions.
passengeroflife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 01, 2008
Ahmed and Zneens, nice posts. However, it's always very easy to blame Western media for propaganda, but what about your 'brothers' who twist and turn the true meaning of Islam to suit their own needs and use it as an excuse to cause harm to others? No-one ever seems to blame or have ago at these guys, or seem willing to do anything about them? Why do you not take responsibility for these people and condem their actions and vile preachings?

Just a question.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 03, 2008
zneens1 wrote:I totally agree with ahmeed80...I find it funny how the western media always seem to find all the negativity in Islam, yet when you really look into the religion and the Quran, it is the most beautiful thing. This is why people who take the time to learn about Islam, embraces it at the end of the day. I personally found peace and the true meaning of family in Islam.
How come the western media doesn't show the postive aspects of Islam? The millions of strangers coming together to be with each other in a mosque etc...Its funny how when I watch the news (I live in the US by the way) there is never a day when I do not hear about a domestic killing, raping, child kidnapping..etc. Yet, they do not mention what religion these people that are doing these crimes. But they (media) are quick to point out if a Muslim does something wrong.
We all have extremists and crazy people in every religion, but that should make us believe that all mankind are extremeist and crazy people.
Why do we pick on the Islam religion, what is the hidden reason of the hatred? Something to think about.

What is the reason for religious hatred period? The Jews have been perscuted across the world for centuries, the Sikhs and the Hindu's, the Protestants and Catholics, Druze and Hezbollah, the Sunni's and the Shiites...all religious groups who have come to blows in the name of what?

Because someone decides that their particular belief is better than someone elses?

Yes, the US and western media are making bad press about Islam at the moment; because it serves their political purposes. Its all propaganda. Hitler roused the German nation against the Jews purely through the use of propaganda.

The answer is complicated, but if people were to realise how much they are brainwashed by their religious upbringing, rather than following what they truly feel, then maybe the world would be a better place?

Chill.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Ahmed and Zneens, nice posts. However, it's always very easy to blame Western media for propaganda, but what about your 'brothers' who twist and turn the true meaning of Islam to suit their own needs and use it as an excuse to cause harm to others? No-one ever seems to blame or have ago at these guys, or seem willing to do anything about them? Why do you not take responsibility for these people and condem their actions and vile preachings?

Just a question.

Ok,i agree there are peoples among muslims who use the name of Islam to fulfill their own purpose and they are far away from the real teaching and the meaning of Islam.Their acts are shameful and we condemn it.Islam is the most peaceful religion in the world,and its not only for the muslims but for the entire universe.Its not the religion,its the peoples who use it in a wrong way.The whole western media is not against islam,but most of them and they are influenced by the Jews.The world must study and understand what Islam exactly is and the truth will be unveiled.
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums