Still Some Honesty Left In This World

Topic locked
Still some honesty left in this world Jun 09, 2008
Honoured Rameen Khan Mashad Ali, a cabdriver of ARABIA Taxi Co. in recognition of his honesty, as manifested in returning 9.5 kilogram of gold together with US$40 thousand left by a passenger in his taxi.

for more story
http://dubaiforvisitors.com/2008/06/09/cab-driver-returning-95kg-of-gold-and-u40k-back/

rajajang
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2008
I dont think i would of been as honest, honestly :lol:
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Still some honesty left in this world Oct 29, 2008
rajajang wrote:Honoured Rameen Khan Mashad Ali, a cabdriver of ARABIA Taxi Co. in recognition of his honesty, as manifested in returning 9.5 kilogram of gold together with US$40 thousand left by a passenger in his taxi.

for more story
http://dubaiforvisitors.com/2008/06/09/cab-driver-returning-95kg-of-gold-and-u40k-back/

I don't know if it was an honesty or my endless phone calls to Citi Taxi, they eventually refounded the money was literally ripped off my pocket...
Had paid 65Dhs for the same distance which usuall costs max 30Dhs from Sharjah to Dub.
After several conversations with the HR/CS manager, I went to their dungeon like office and got the half the money back. However, I still am not sure that I could put the argument accross that their drivers need a longer training...
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2008
really awesome story about the taxi guy
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 29, 2008
DPS wrote:really awesome story about the taxi guy

it's awesome really...
thanks to Dubai Night's long info on how the guys actually operate; go and read it, I think it's on 'product and services in Dubai' subtopic..

xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2008
That passenger must have been very very high :)
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2008
What was the taxi drivers reward?

A further 3 years of hard labour?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 09, 2008
the first thing I do if am the driver .i ll book in the first ticket back to my country.....

but if I give it a secnd thought then I ll do the same what he did
u know why???????
I guess you do
Absou
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 10, 2008
Absou wrote:the first thing I do if am the driver .i ll book in the first ticket back to my country.....

but if I give it a secnd thought then I ll do the same what he did
u know why???????
I guess you do

instead of spending it in your country you should spend it here. taking it out of the country will get you in more trouble.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 11, 2008
When I first came to Dubai in 2005 on holiday with friends, On my last day I lost my wallet, which had about 500dhs in it, but what was most important to me was my driving license and some other things I carry some drawings my lil brothers did for me which mean alot etc.

Anyways I phoned them before I left, I didn't know the drivers name or his car registration I just told them my name and my contact info, phoned them again from London and the driver had dropped off my wallet. RTA then sent the wallet to me to london. Nothing was missing.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 12, 2008
Once in Jumeirah I almost "lost" my mobile number in a Taxi cabin. It couldn't been happend because i checked my pockets when get out a car. It was very strange to loose it in car, because i used in route. But only driver dialing to my mobile helps to find it......... somwhere deep below the chair.

A week before one of small staff "businessman" tald me about 30.000 DHs he found at back sits of taxi. And left it with him.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat