Distance, Uncertainty & Unconditional Love

Topic locked
Distance, Uncertainty & Unconditional Love Sep 21, 2008
Distance, uncertainty and unconditional love -- What's the risk behind loving someone thousand of miles away?

I never believed in long distance relationship. I had 2 failed ones...the first lasted more than 5 years, and after being separated for 6 months, we finally broke up. The other lasted for a year, having separated for 3 months, we decided to end it all.

...and now again, I seem to be in the same scenario, never had learned from past experiences...

I don't know if there is a deeper layer as to why I always prefer a "safe" relationship -- a relationship that couldn't go further in hurting my feelings. Sometimes, I think that I am continuously running away from getting involved with someone...and I just can't help it.

This time, I seem to feel the difference -- there is this feeling that shouts -- despite the fact that we are not regularly talking to each other and not promising anything to each other, a feeling of being at peace with yourself and knowing that one day we'll be together again. It's a bit strange...and I can either fight with my own self, or just let it go.

Being a somehow logical person, my logic seems to be failing me in these things.

I was surprised by myself of having had lasted 8 months not dating anyone else literally. I don't know if it's loyalty, or tiresome approach.

....and I don't know if I am holding on to steel, or holding on to nothing...ouch

farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2008
hi
you seem sensetive romantic person and you may prefer to have distance relation than other real one coz of the feeling of more secure when u can't make face to face arguements with the partner.
but long distance love like long distance call, cost alot and its not take long time till line break down coz of thousand of things like the daily activities petween the 2 persons in love, this make the relation much stronger and make it clear in short time if it will go on and work with both of them or its just attracting for something not real.
i had one experience before and for sorry it didn't complete as it should be and i'm not sorry for that coz the ending was better than complete to real fail.
good luck in a real relation full of love and face to face feeling never be back if you lost it in the first of the relation
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
On the whole, most distance relationships are hard to keep going.

Unless you are married.

As soon as you get married, it puts an immeasurable distance between you so being apart is quite refreshing.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 30, 2008
Ur user name is farthestpoint. Is this symbolic? Can't you move or that other person move. I have French background so that means we give up everything like career for love even though it may not last. Then we're screwed and may end up like Russian novels.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 02, 2008
Farthest.. what type of man are you looking for. My husband, an airline pilot will be having 2 single pilots living with us and I might hook you up
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 02, 2008
^OH I would consider a long-distance with one of those pilots. :wink:

Pilots are great so I can play when they're gone. :D
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 02, 2008
Wouldn't you need to give up career for that ? or they get vaccinated afterwards ? I think i'll save the referrals for Farthest :)
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 02, 2008
*Sigh* I have no career.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 05, 2008
puppypup wrote:Ur user name is farthestpoint. Is this symbolic? Can't you move or that other person move. I have French background so that means we give up everything like career for love even though it may not last. Then we're screwed and may end up like Russian novels.

I came up with this nick 2 years back...when I was trying to find a suitable and nearest representation of my inner self. So yeah, probably it is symbolic in a way.

Giving up everything for another person....that's quite a difficult question that I am lost for words...We both have priorities at the moment that far exceeds our own relationship/personal gains...
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2008
Melanie wrote:Farthest.. what type of man are you looking for. My husband, an airline pilot will be having 2 single pilots living with us and I might hook you up

Thanks, Mel.

I love to communicate sensibly with the other person. I am crazy too, like every other person on earth :)

I like men who could stand with their own set of principles in life.

Someone I could respect and trust and will be able to reciprocate the same.

Someone who dreams and reach for that dream.

Someone who could stand and fight for the right reasons when need be.

Someone I could laugh my heart out.

....probably i am asking too much?

Unfortunately after having met a lot of men in Dubai, I began to believe that quality people out there...are just way too difficult to find...
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2008
To think with one's heart or one's head is the risk we take in life.

I would risk for love over career or moving to new location for example. One can control to an extent where he or she lives or even a career. There are jobs out there. If you can't get the job you want, you can volunteer or create your job.

My point is you can't force someone to love you nor can you force yourself to love. Love is something you can't control or compromise (meaning compromising feelings). One can compromise and control moving to a new local, a new job, new friends, being away from parents.

I know lots of factors can affect a relationship but I would risk love as long as I know we'd live in a place and culture I could tolerate.

That's just my opinion. There are people all over the world one can fall in love with but with life, one may never ever meet that person. I couldn't let a good one slip because it may never happen again. :(
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 06, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:
Melanie wrote:Farthest.. what type of man are you looking for. My husband, an airline pilot will be having 2 single pilots living with us and I might hook you up

Thanks, Mel.

I love to communicate sensibly with the other person. I am crazy too, like every other person on earth :)

I like men who could stand with their own set of principles in life.

Someone I could respect and trust and will be able to reciprocate the same.

Someone who dreams and reach for that dream.

Someone who could stand and fight for the right reasons when need be.

Someone I could laugh my heart out.

....probably i am asking too much?

Unfortunately after having met a lot of men in Dubai, I began to believe that quality people out there...are just way too difficult to find...

Don't be so defeatist. There are some good guys out there and I can cite plenty of cases of people who have been on this very forum who have found love and happiness in Dubai.

There are only a few of us 'good ones' left!

:) :) :)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
@ DK:

You mean out of a million I will find one? I don't even have time to meet a million men here! Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

...not unless (without statistical consideration) I bump into him at Spinneys and he comes out with something funny and smart to say!
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:@ DK:

You mean out of a million I will find one? I don't even have time to meet a million men here! Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

...not unless (without statistical consideration) I bump into him at Spinneys and he comes out with something funny and smart to say!

What like: "That'll be 24 Dhs please"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

"I'll make it 30 Dhs! :D You owe me 6"
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

"I'll make it 30 Dhs! :D You owe me 6"

Do I? Crumbs can't remember borrowing that off you...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Hahahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You would need some memory recollections, meanwhile..."
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2008
farthestpoint wrote:Hahahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You would need some memory recollections, meanwhile..."

Don't worry, its just Altzheimers disease!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 09, 2008
You never mentioned if he could be bald , broke or under 6 inches LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2008
....and so in conclusion, we ended up everything! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mel,

No please, as long as it is NOT a natural baldness :lol: :lol: :lol:

...and he can't be broke too

...and he can't be under 6 inches

You are absolutely right!
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 10, 2008
I can't believe the anti-baldie stance on this thread. Any man (or woman) with a receding hairline or a shaved-baldie should be honored and fortunate to be mistaken for a baldie. Baldies are people. There are attractive ones and not so attractive like any other group of people.

I'm sure lots make good spouses and friends. There are lots of decent hard-working baldies. There are baldies who have a tool longer than 6 inches.

If someone asks or says "Are you bald? Are you balding? You look bald. Is that a toupee? " Well one should be proud and not get upset.

If a baldie asks you ask out, you should give him a chance. Look how much you'll save on shampoo, conditioner, gel, and hair appointments. Think how smooth the head will feel and you won't get hair in your mouth or down the bathtub drain. Baldness is beautiful. If you're bald you're probably HOT.

I :love10: baldies. End baldie discrimination. :thumbup:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 11, 2008
I am a voluntary baldie!

No 1 rocks!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 11, 2008
LOL my hubby is balding.. i love him either way.. and for the rest of his body.. i like it bald too :) ~~~~
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2008
Melanie wrote:LOL my hubby is balding.. i love him either way.. and for the rest of his body.. i like it bald too :) ~~~~

He borrows your Immac then?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 12, 2008
Oh no I'm guilty. I discriminate. I'm an anti. I like men with hair on other parts of their bodies. :oops:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 13, 2008
puppypup wrote:Oh no I'm guilty. I discriminate. I'm an anti. I like men with hair on other parts of their bodies. :oops:

The palms of their hands????

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 13, 2008
hellllllllloooooooooooooooooooooo
hamida
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 13, 2008
topics here r so meaningful & gud,like that
hamida
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 14, 2008
hamida wrote:topics here r so meaningful & gud,like that

Why thank you , we're just a team of writers keeping the forum alive until we have something much better to do such as; pick weeds, go to the dentist, organize our closets etc.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2008
whats wrong with being bald, voluntary or involuntary.. Something less to worry about every morning I say!
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance