CONFUSED ABOUT MOVING

Topic locked
CONFUSED ABOUT MOVING Sep 25, 2008
Hi everyone! I am a 21 year old Muslim Girl raised in California. I just got offered what I think is a wonderful job offer, but Im a little scared of moving to Dubai since I have onlybeen there on vacations and I dont know very many people. I would appreciate some perspectives and advice! Thank you!

CaliGirl1986
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 26, 2008
SALAMZ,

DEPENDING ON HOW INDEPENDENT AND CONFIDENT ARE YOU? AND WHAT IS YOUR ETHINICITY AND HOW IS YOUR ATTITUDE?

IT IS A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE AND A GOOD PLACE TO PROGRESS, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE FRIENDS IF YOU ARE FRIENDLY :)

BY THE WAY WHAT KIND OF JOB WAS OFFERED TO YOU, WHICH IS SO WONDERFUL THAT YOU HAVE TO GO TO DUBAI FOR THAT? (JUST ASKING)
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 26, 2008
Don't shout. You'll scare the poor girl away.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 26, 2008
lol NO BODY scares me ...although some may CREEP ME OUT lol ...well I used to make GREAT money here in the states, and the past year especially now the economy SUCKSS as you all know. Besides that, Im Muslim, and I have not seen good outcome out of the US...I think its built on evil and I dont think it has a very Bright future. Anyways, thats a different story, I have been an Executive Personal Assistant for a couple years now here, and so applied for that there, except the pay isnt as well,BUT its better than my pay right now. They offered me housing, transportation and I asked for 20,000AED a month, and they said it would be around there but negotiable. So as far as not knowing anyone...im friendly but reserved, and am afraid I might be on the Bored/Lonely side lol...anything I should be aware of about Dubai? Any Pros/Cons? Thanks a bunch!
CaliGirl1986
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 26, 2008
salamz,

thats a very nice offer. 20k plus the benefits is wonderful.

pros: pretty much everything is nice over there. you will definitely be able to make a lot of friends.

cons: a lonely girl in dubai :shock: would be a little hard but again people are nice and friendly, you just have to make the right decisions.
and it s very hot down here. (HUMID)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS JUST LET ME KNOW. GREW UP I THAT COUNTRY :)
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 26, 2008
Yes it sounds like a lovely opportunity, but Im still scared about it, so far from home :( ...

What kind of clothing is not frowned on the streets...last time I just stayed on the beach and never really interacted with the general public. Umm is it safe to live by yourself...a lot of creepy people? lol Sorry but I need to know! lol

Oh yea, and the whole Visa/Work permit thing, how does it work if I have a US citizenship and a US driver's license. Thanks for all your help :)
CaliGirl1986
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 26, 2008
CaliGirl1986 wrote:Yes it sounds like a lovely opportunity, but Im still scared about it, so far from home :( ...

What kind of clothing is not frowned on the streets...last time I just stayed on the beach and never really interacted with the general public. Umm is it safe to live by yourself...a lot of creepy people? lol Sorry but I need to know! lol

Oh yea, and the whole Visa/Work permit thing, how does it work if I have a US citizenship and a US driver's license. Thanks for all your help :)

Don't worry, its just like the US only safer!

You won't get raped as often, the guns are a little smaller and the government is slightly less crooked...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 26, 2008
Thanks for the boost of confidence ...I appreciate it GREATLY :roll:
CaliGirl1986
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 29, 2008
CaliGirl,

We have a similar situation, I also have a good offer from dubai and i'm totally confused, company did not offer me house allowance but offer is still good.
About you I am confused that how come you are offered such a good package in such as small age (21), I am 30 with about 8 years of experience and have been offered 30K AED without home and transportation allowance, you must be very good in what you're doing :)
Anyways, what part of cali are you from? I'm from yorba linda, orange county.
USAtoDubai
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum