I Think I've Had It With Dubai....

Topic locked
I think I've had it with Dubai.... Jul 18, 2008
I've been here almost a year, and frankly I just don't get the value proposition this town offers.

Would someone please give me a few reasons to stay!

thsmbradford
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 22, 2008
Why, fella ? What's buggin u ? After a year, you should be less in the "honeymoon" p[eriod and more in the this-is-my-real-life period.

Still having problems settling in ?

Miss home ?

Or just fed up with the fkg awful traffic ?! :lol: :roll:
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 22, 2008
I've only been here six months but there are very specific things that need attention.

I can deal with the fact that in any European city, 80% of the drivers would be considered unfit to be behind the wheel.

What bugs me is the service.

Shops, cafes, restaurants, banks, even florists. The service in Dubai is shockingly bad. Most companies here just do not care about the relationship they have with customers and manifest this by employing cheap, underskilled labour.

Dubai wants to be a premiere global city, but it currently has 3rd world service.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 22, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Shops, cafes, restaurants, banks, even florists. The service in Dubai is shockingly bad. Most companies here just do not care about the relationship they have with customers and manifest this by employing cheap, underskilled labour.

I'm surprised to hear that. I haven't spent a lot of time in Dubai but I've always found the service in Abu Dhabi to be very good.

Happy smiles, cheerful goodbyes. maybe it's something to do with not having to sit in traffic for a couple of hours on your way to work here.

I'm sure we'll all be miserable and grumpy once all these developments start taking shape and people start to realise that there's more to the UAE than the bright lights and gold paved roads of Dubai.
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: I think I've had it with Dubai.... Jul 23, 2008
thsmbradford wrote:I've been here almost a year, and frankly I just don't get the value proposition this town offers.

Would someone please give me a few reasons to stay!

the only value proposition it has for me is getting paid a lot more than i would have in my home country. there are lots to see if care to look,, try fujairah,, do an oman trip,, hop over the barcelona for a weekend, trip over the sale items in the malls, have brunch,, sip cold shake while watching the sun go down in madinat. play sports, watch IMAX, lots to do mate, cheer up!
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I think I've had it with Dubai.... Jul 23, 2008
thsmbradford wrote:I just don't get the value proposition this town offers.

!

i think my city dubai is like women ..cant live with and cant live without ...
try as u say to leave from here and after sometime u will feel ur self wanting to come back..!!

i ve met so many people they left dubai for good ,and kept saying they want to come back..

strange.. :shock:
dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

Jul 26, 2008
Can't blame you! Summer in Dubai seem to be like winters at home (in Europe), can't get out, don't feel like sitting in all day, retail therapy not always an option....and really really not much else to do around! Tried opening a bank account and getting ATM card sorted, took me 2.5 hours and really felt that Dubai has a LONG LONG way to go to compete with major cities despite the bling!
ee
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 02, 2008
dubai is really nice i really like it i live in dubai actually i lived there for about 15 years and ive never been so bored of it i cant understand why dont u like it there :roll:
7amdo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 14, 2008
Is this really true with the service because this might affect my decision to move there or not.
GeorgeB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat