Change Of Job

Topic locked
Change of job Jul 09, 2008
I have joined a company in Dubai 4 months back but am not happy with the company. Can I get another job and get my employment visa changed to the new employer.

I have heard that a person has to work atleast 1 year before changing the job. If the new employer wants to hire me even then will I have problems getting NOC from my current employer and new employment visa from the ministry. Is there any work around !!

anwakhi
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 11, 2008
Try Freezone companies!!!
Bijukakkat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 11, 2008
you have to work 2 full years with the current employer and then still have an NOC from the employer before they will allow you to transfer.

freezone employment would be an alternative.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jul 12, 2008
Doesn't it depend onyour probabtion???. You can change job without any consequences during your probabtion.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 12, 2008
Nope, I mentioned that in a previous post. The probation period is a loophole in the current labour law that favours the employer.

During probation the employer can terminate the employment of the employee without any recourse to the employee - this means that the employee WILL be banned for 6 months.

The employee can also leave his employer during this period, but will still be banned.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jul 13, 2008
Thanks guys. What I have understood is that if I want to leave my current employer either within 6 months probation or even after that there probably will be a ban of 6 months or if not even then I will have difficulties joining a new company.

I guess the only work around is to get a job from free zone company
anwakhi
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum