Net Sending Issue...

Topic locked
Net Sending Issue... Jun 28, 2008
Aside from net sending on LAN, is there any way where I can send message using WLAN? If somebody can share me the idea, I wanted to use this service in my office. I tried some software before, but I think it will just work on LAN.

Hoping to hear from someone.

Thank you,
8)

SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2008
are you looking for a chat software for your office ?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jul 08, 2008
I think hes talking about the command "NET SEND" in CMD.

That only works if you have the "Messenger" service running on ur system.

Service pack 2 and above have disabled this service due to the potential threats it causes.
guest999

Jul 09, 2008
Yes! I was referering to the NET SENDING in CMD. I see, so meaning it's useless right? I found one software, but it will only work on LAN settings. We are using Wireless here in the office. Can somebody suggests any other pop-up software? for automatic message sending?

I am still looking for that.
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 10, 2008
actually there are many freeware chatting softwares you can download an duse for LAN only....very usefull for employees to communicate withou thaving to explose themseves to the Internet.

I personally have not used any so far, but i remember coming across alot of them.....you will have to download and test one by one and see which suites u best.

www.majorgeeks.com
www.softpedia.com
and my favourite :) www.google.com
guest999

Jul 10, 2008
Well thank you for your advice, I am agree to your point maybe I need to try free software out on the internet..
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk