Need Some Input About This!!

Topic locked
Need some input about this!! Apr 06, 2008
Been living here for 24 years and I still dont know jack about cars!! lol!! Though if I find somethin which looks good I admire it or if someone comes out with a brand new car say a Porsche or Lamborgini. I still go like so!! which is enought to piss people off cuz frankly I dont give a rats a.s.s what he or she is driving. Cuz they expect u to go like oooooooo thats the stuff and all and ask them question and I don't which basically got me branded weird for some reason. lol!!

Neways enough about my antics and weirdism. Though still going trhough a tough time finding a job, I like to plan ahead and all. I plan to buy a car. People have actually told me thats the right decision I made in my entire life!! lol. Anyways I need something for transport wise and not like all the gadget and stuff. I have checked and got two in mind. Ones a Toyota Yaris. The Hatchback obviously looks like a lady bug. No offence to Volkswagen Beetle!! I dont really know the price like and how many litres is it but safety wise I dont prefer it. But hey what the hell!! I gotta take something right!! And also I think there would be waiting period on it cuz everyone like has it one way or other because its cheap!!

Second option would be The Daihatsu Materia which is like 1.5 litres. then again dont know the price and all on it. But for me it looks better than a Yaris!! It is spacious in some ways. But then again think of every possibility.

I need a car which is cheap and affordable and looks good and please I dont want a second hand car cuz of personal bad experiences who actually bought second hand cars. Probably the travel would be from Ghusais to Knowledge village on a daily basis and back because I am gonna start studying. Plus on top of that think about the petrol prices. Hell if the metro was here I wouldnt be bothered. The buses suck on timings due to traffic and also going round and round on the same route. And taxi's lol!! No ways!! I live near Dubai Transport and they wont pick me and even if they did then I would be paying maybe 80 bucks or around just one way!!

And please dont go like the Chevy Spark or Nissan Tiida. Spark looks like an infalted ball and anything can happen. Its way unsafe while Nissan I have had bad experiences with those guys.

Or yeah I could somehow slog my a.ss and get a bike License and get a bike or something. We only live once so enjoy it!! lol

Anyways u guys just suggest me something in a very cheap budget. Or if u know of ur experiences with it please feel happy to share it. Thank You!!

Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
Why is everyone posting such long threads these days =/

I would like ot request another summary please. Hell I'll employ someone to do that...And will glad to pay you Tuesday for a summary today.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
Ok read the last line..

I would say cheap and reliable go for Toyota or Honda, maybe even Ford. Yaris, Jazz (Isn't that it?), and Focus respectively.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
Dude!! I wouldnt right on the damn thread if I didnt need any advice!! I even bloody explained if any suggestion wise as in price, petrol, maintanence and all and if anyone can give me a feedback on they things they are using. Thats the reason theres a forum. To discuss to get ideas. If that was the case then I rather prefer to buy anything. I need my options open because everyone has different experiences. I suggest u read the thread again!! Just because its cheap I aint gonna be stupid and pick something up.

Just cuz I got 1 buck in my pocket doesnt mean I buy pepsi only but coke has a better taste so I prefer that!! Because some ppl dont understand what the hell others are talkin about that why ppl like us have to explain it to get to their brains!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
Nah I'm good.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
a used nissan 350z
they are relaible and cheap
easy to repair
cheap to repair
cool loking
and might get you some tiger
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
nismo wrote:a used nissan 350z
they are relaible and cheap
easy to repair
cheap to repair
cool loking
and might get you some tiger

I alreaady said dont prefer used cars cuz had bad experiences with second hand cars!! And second I prefer to go to the showroom and repair my stuff where nissan sucks at that. And plus as I mentioned earlier. I use it for transport not for the tiger!! And plus I aint got so much of money to blow off!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2008
It takes a LOT of research to buy a used car and not be surprised by any known problems that might appear. Which is why when people ask me for advice on new cars, I usually don't try to persuade them to buy used, even though I am probably going to buy used for the rest of my life.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 08, 2008
devil whatever u do dont BUY cars in Dubai.

i bought a nissan patrol 2003 model for 120,000dhs full options from nissan. well now i was thinking of selling it and guess what in the market the price is only 60,000dhs in 2008 when i bought the car in 2004.

blooody 60,000dhs I am loosing :S dont make sense.

dont buy new car thats my advice instead lease it out a new car. Y?

well the company u lease it from they will repair it for you, they will pay for the registration and the isurance. all you have to do is pay monthly and pay for the petrol. so think about it.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 10, 2008
rudeboy wrote:devil whatever u do dont BUY cars in Dubai.

i bought a nissan patrol 2003 model for 120,000dhs full options from nissan. well now i was thinking of selling it and guess what in the market the price is only 60,000dhs in 2008 when i bought the car in 2004.

blooody 60,000dhs I am loosing :S dont make sense.

dont buy new car thats my advice instead lease it out a new car. Y?

well the company u lease it from they will repair it for you, they will pay for the registration and the isurance. all you have to do is pay monthly and pay for the petrol. so think about it.

50% depeciation is rather excellent for a 4-year-old car, actually.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 10, 2008
hmmm i dont think i should be loosing bloody 60,000dhs :S. the car looks new, drives like a new car, never been in the garage and its the full options. 60,000dhs come on i expected 80,000dhs but thats UAE for you, every year theres a new model coming out.

so if i were you I would recommend on buying a new car. If i plan on getting a new car i ll probably lease a new car from a company. let them pay for the registration, issurance and any maintainence.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 10, 2008
rudeboy wrote:hmmm i dont think i should be loosing bloody 60,000dhs :S. the car looks new, drives like a new car, never been in the garage and its the full options. 60,000dhs come on i expected 80,000dhs but thats UAE for you, every year theres a new model coming out.

so if i were you I would recommend on buying a new car. If i plan on getting a new car i ll probably lease a new car from a company. let them pay for the registration, issurance and any maintainence.

Actually, the company makes you pay for all that too, in a lump sum. And you still have to return the car at the end. Leasing is just more convenient.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 11, 2008
I agree with GT - very few cars retain more then 50% of their original value after 3 years.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 12, 2008
Well true on the fact that that cars depreciate and stuff. My friend bought a Lexus is300 Full Option for 175000 dhs or more when it just came out in Dubai. I think it was 2006. No idea but yeah now he sold it for 140000 dhs or a bit more. Well what can u do. The market is like that and yet I say its a good deal. U dont expect me to ride a bicylce all the way from ghusais to Shk Zayed road. If metro was here. Hell I would use that!! Buses cant be bothered because not on time.

Leasing cars man I checked out just to rent a car and all and they require credit cards and frankly working for a bank I know hook and crook of credit cards and all so I dont trust it. And as Gt mash said its convinienet because we are like lazy people and all (hehe for u Gt mash) and dont wanna run around that much. Plus U end up paying more and stuff and not to mention to get a good car because see that car has been used by somebody else before me and he mightve done something to the car which when i sit in it I cant expect that.

Its not only the resale value because when u buy a new car u can be gauranteed it will not have problems for the first 5 years if u maintain it properly and plus if u do u might even get a good deal when ur selling it Whether it be a second hand dealer or the dealer themselves or the guy who u are selling to.

Like when my dad got his first car in 1999 which was a Honda civic lxi 1996 model 1.6 or 1.8 litres i think. The guy put an ad saying he wants to sell the car and his askin price was 19700 dhs and no less. So my dad calls the guy up and says that if it possible to get the car to Dubai as the guy was in sharjah. The guy goes like "U wanna buy a 19700 dhs car and u can't spend 25 dhs to come to Shj". My dad was like wtf and he went there and trust me which I will say luck as in pure luck to get that car. The gear shift, the brake pads and not even a single dent on the car. No scrathes and all. To find someone in dubai who would maintain his car upto such a condition is difficult to find. There was absolutely no problem as in no accident on the car. Now after selling and all my dad went and picked up a Honda accord 2003 model, golden colour. from 4x4 and the amount of trouble it is giving I cant tend to explain. So leasing and second hand cars out of the question.

So any feed back on toyota yaris and Daihatsu materia would be appreciated and all!! hehe
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2008
My 2 cent worth....

You can look at the Suzuki Swift...looks great, drive better than anything on the market in the same category. If its too small for you...look at the Suzuki SX4....again a good car (only the Hatchback, the sedan looks weird)

Yaris...its reliable but I would skip it. Its too common and is not a looker plus the interior is reduced to a bare minimum especially the door panels.

Jaaz....seems to be labeled too soft to be a Honda though I disagree. A black one with the sports kit (if you can afford it) looks great. And its a Honda in the end, therefore reliable and economical.

Civin...too costly for you I think though futuristic looks are great that are let down by a 4 gear auto and noisy engine.

Corrola...no thank you...too expensive and but you can't beat the reliability.

Tiida....I'd take a old sunny over this (pre 2003). Don't trust these new small Nissan aka the new sunny's and Tiida (read bad experience).

Daihatsu Materia...don't like it that much...would take the Sirion over it but then again I would never buy Daihatsu. Don't like them but thats a personal choice.

Altima...last time I checked they were getting rid of new 2007 Altimas(old shape) for as cheap as 70K. Full options that also. If you can stretch that is.

Lancer....old shape selling cheap. Skip it

Lancer EX...starts at 52K, but I'd prefer the higher models that cost 58K-64K. Great looking cars but known to be heavy so won't be as fuel efficient as its competitors.

Hyundao Elantra...Not a looker but has won a few awards and seems good though I can't get over the looks..

Kia Clarus...skip it and try for the bigger Optima. Best value for the price.

Cheverlot Aveo-Epica-Optra....under powered in my opinion. Skip them also.

Renault Megane....too costly to buy, maintain and doesn't re-sell well.

Skoda fabia....Seems like the poor mans Polo which isn't such a bad thing as Polo are good cars (though tad overpriced). The new models looks good too though again will be an issue to maintain as it will be costly.

Ford Focus...the New one looks like a babe...but I'm guessing for all that shiny stuff it will not come cheap. Plus maintaining won't be as cheap as the Japanese counterparts.

Mazda 3....the Focus and 3 are supposed to be twin cars with similar performance based on the same chassis. Though the Mazda 3 is limited to a 1.6 as compared to competitors, the full option looks great and comes in a great package. Skip the basic option one though.

So my Recommendations in no particular order...
1. Suzuki Swift/SX4
2. Mazda 3 or Ford focus
3. Skoda Fabia (might be better than what is expected)
4. Lancer EX
5. Honda Jazz

sorry about the long reply.... :wink:
faisal7
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto