Average Salary For Indians

Topic locked
Average Salary for Indians Nov 24, 2005
I have heard that Indians are paid much lower than Arabs and workers from from West and Europe. What is the lowest and highest salary earned by Indians in Dubai.

What is the scope of jobs opportunities in Sharjah as compared to Dubai?

Is is easy to switch jobs in UAE? What are the restrictions to the expatriates working in UAE?

hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

IT professional from India Nov 24, 2005
I am an IT Professional with MCSE Messaging (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) and CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional). Besides I have my Masters Degree in Information Technology MSc (IT). I am an Indian. How much can I expect as my salary package in Dubai? I recently saw a news item in gulfnews online newspaper. It says 87% of the companies in Dubai are having less than 10 employees. What are my chances of a network/internetwork support job?
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 25, 2005
Apply to a decent company and the only thing that will matter is your competence and your qualifications for the job. I don't see why you shouldn't get a decent salary here...Just make sure you apply to the right companies, preferably multi-nationals. Indian or not Indian, with a masters degree you SHOULD be able to get somewhere here!
Good luck
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2005
dont sell yourself short just coz you are indian...that means walking with a chip on your shoulder already...and believe me employers will see that in you...that being said...yes there is discrimination...but doenst mean you should settle for less!!!...i agree with sleepless...if you have a masters degree and there is a demand for your skills...then you will get the job...after that its upto you how much you want to puch for getting a "fair" deal...as for changing jobs...i do know in the free zones you can change jobs /employers without having a ban put on you for 6 months...so i am guessing if you get a job in internet city...it should be fairly easy for you to switch...but you have to further research this out...i work in media and i know in dubai media city you can change jobs without an employment ban put on you...unfortunately i do not know anyone in IT...otherwise would definately investigate and find out for you further...hope this helps...and hey walk with your head high man!!...being indian aint a disadvantage!! and btw try and apply to multinational companies...they are safer by experiance!!...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 25, 2005
Considering the industry you're in it might be hard to get an expat posting here, as locally there are many indians that are good in support services and won't command such a high cost. If you're lucky you might be able to get a modified package - between local and expat package.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2005
I thank you all sleepless.in.dubai, constantine and XRW-147. Could do elaborate on local and expat packages?

Apart from dubai, what is the scope in the other emirates?

Also could you plz give specific details of a decent salary package for the job I am seeking for.
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Re: IT professional from India Dec 18, 2005
hksaleem wrote:I am an IT Professional with MCSE Messaging (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) and CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional). Besides I have my Masters Degree in Information Technology MSc (IT). I am an Indian. How much can I expect as my salary package in Dubai? I recently saw a news item in gulfnews online newspaper. It says 87% of the companies in Dubai are having less than 10 employees. What are my chances of a network/internetwork support job?

You havent mentioned how many years of work experience you have. Assuming that it is around 2 years, and with the above qualifications, I wouldnt be surprised if you get around AED 8000 - AED 10000 per month if you look hard enough and have a bit of luck on your side. Networking jobs are available, but not plenty.

LLTT
LookingLondonTalkingTokyo
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 20, 2005
Thanks for all those who have replied.
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum