Prejudice

Topic locked
Prejudice Mar 28, 2008
I’ll start this post with 2 remarks. One is that racism and prejudice is in all of us to a certain extent. We might not realize it sometimes, but is there. Some take it to extreme, some know that even thou its part of human nature, we cannot, we should not generalize based on one bad/good experience. My second remark is that I belong to this second group who knows, stupid/mean/dirty/superficial people you find in every society and the opposite of all these also.

As I said before, I stay on SZR in a large shared apartment. About 1.5 month ago one of the rooms was rented out by an Aussi girl. I do not have words to describe this woman and as much as I try to find an excuse for some of the things she did/does and blame myself/the house for being too intolerant, I cannot. From day one she was a pain is the a.s.s. Left one of the washrooms after using without cleaning up after herself (not gonna get into details, I’m sure you can figure it out), several times left the gas open in the kitchen with the risk of all of us blowing up/die of intoxication (specially when does the cooking late at night and the rest of us are sleeping), burned the cooking pots and never bothered to replace them, generally speaking after she uses the kitchen, you have to go and clean up, close the fridge door so the food doesn’t get spoiled, close the cupboard doors, turn off the light, etc. As if this was not enough, 24/7 she walks around the house as if irritated to hell and slamming doors, waking up everybody. We even got a complaint from the administration because the neighbors reported us for being noisy and having our doors slammed so laud they could not sleep.

Now when she was told to be more aware of her surroundings and the fact that we are not there to play babysitter or maid, she started raising her voice. After the last time when I pointed something out to her, she began screaming her lungs out, calling names….you name it.

Of course she was told to leave and during the time given to her to find something else, we tried to bring some girls to see the room. I could not believe my eyes…everything on the floor, from dirty cups, to her underwear, shoes on the table, clothes hanging everywhere…you could not enter the room, because her luggage was right at the entrance and just the whole room in a horrible mess. Who would want to rent that place out?

Now the last move is to accuse me of having taken her hairdryer….and threatening with the police. Fine, bring the police. I almost wish she did that, so we could file a case against her for all her crap plus false accusation.

Anyways, besides that fact that I guess I needed to let this out, getting back to the 1st paragraph of my post, I found myself refusing to show the room to a girl who called and said she was Aussi as well as her.

I know only a few people from this country and they have not given me any reason to think badly of them. In my head I also know that just because this retard is the way she is, it doesn’t mean anything and does not qualify the nation in any way, yet I’m pretty sure the one replacing her will not be from the same lands.
Has this ever happen to you? On the long run a bad experience like this should not influence the way we think of people, but have you managed to ignore it on short term, immediate decisions?

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 28, 2008
A lot of prejudicism in this forum. What else do we expect in real life.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2008
She's probably from North Queensland, bred well up that way!!
Hato_Hammer
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 28, 2008
Hato_Hammer wrote:She's probably from North Queensland, bred well up that way!!

More likely Adelaide, or the Western Suburbs of Sydney.

Unfortunately, like all nationalities, us Aussies usually have our shockers too.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

True! Mar 29, 2008
Although I'm Syrian myself, usually Syrians & Egyptians give me crap, so I try to avoid them in work place & home! but I've got very few friends of both nationalities who I can only describe as true friends.
masrisy
Dubai Forum User

Mar 29, 2008
I thought of something but..I'm a nice guy.

What if I created a new user name (my 34th) and then acussed "Raidah" of all kinds of things (after all, from her posts I know: where she lives, where she is from, etc.). I woudl complaint about her "habits"... (made up of course) and her people (based on what she has stated is her nationality).

At the end of it you would not think good things about "Raidah". Guess what it woudl all have been made up.

The lesson....

As I said... Nice guy. Just look at that picture <<<<
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2008
Asses :lol:

Good and bad ppl r everywhere in the world . We must not evaluate the entire nation on the basis of a single person's attitude.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 29, 2008
HP wrote:Asses :lol:

Good and bad ppl r everywhere in the world . We must not evaluate the entire nation on the basis of a single person's attitude.

which is exactly what i said and later on repeated myself.
my question was not related to a particular nationality at all.
raidah

Mar 29, 2008
hmmm she is probably daddys lil kid. any number or contact details cos i wanna be her suga daddy :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2008
well guess what. i thought the same thing. that she must be only child, who has been looked after all her life and never had any kind of responsibility.
i found out yesterday they are 6 or 7 brothers, she is the oldest and her family lives in a small village. :shock:

anyways we are diverting from the subject and its late, i had a nice day and will end it with a good movie.

gnight to all.
raidah

Mar 29, 2008
raidah wrote:well guess what. i thought the same thing. that she must be only child, who has been looked after all her life and never had any kind of responsibility.
i found out yesterday they are 6 or 7 brothers, she is the oldest and her family lives in a small village. :shock:

anyways we are diverting from the subject and its late, i had a nice day and will end it with a good movie.

gnight to all.

village in australia :S u sure she aint from Austria??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2008
rudeboy wrote:
raidah wrote:well guess what. i thought the same thing. that she must be only child, who has been looked after all her life and never had any kind of responsibility.

gnight to all.

village in australia :S u sure she aint from Austria??

Could be possible..... :P
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 30, 2008
If she's like that at home, imagine her at work. But I bet she's paid well anyway, or else she wouldn't be in Dubai in the first place :wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
Hi Raidah,

Are you still looking for housemate to occupy that room? I am currently looking for a place along SZR with a budget of 5K/month all inclusive, if possible near the Emarat Atrium. Though I can get a flat with that budget in Ajman, but commuting daily from Ajman to SZR will surely make me dead tired and drowsy.

House hunting continues..
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
SCY wrote:Hi Raidah,

Are you still looking for housemate to occupy that room? I am currently looking for a place along SZR with a budget of 5K/month all inclusive, if possible near the Emarat Atrium. Though I can get a flat with that budget in Ajman, but commuting daily from Ajman to SZR will surely make me dead tired and drowsy.

House hunting continues..

Are you Australian? :lol:
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008

gnight to all.

you should have gotten her drunk , grabbed her hair and tossed her over the balcony

then claim she was drunk and fell off

trust me , youd get away with it
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
wow look who we have back :D ahahaha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 31, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:wow look who we have back :D ahahaha

miss me or what?
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2008
"She's probably from North Queensland, bred well up that way!!"

...ok, that was pretty funny :)
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 05, 2008
"She's probably from North Queensland, bred well up that way!!"

...ok, that was pretty funny :)
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 05, 2008
Hato_Hammer wrote:She's probably from North Queensland, bred well up that way!!

...that was funny :)
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 06, 2008
Could of been worse.....

You could of taken in an Indian....

Now there's a prejudiced group for you. Prejudiced against everyone. They think the world is against them.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Could of been worse.....

Now there's a prejudiced group for you. Prejudiced against everyone. They think the world is against them.

Buahaha :) Cricketing world is prejudiced against the cash rich BCCI, so we decided to invite SA home and lose some matches..

Business world is upset abt Tata's acquisition of Jaguar and Land Rover. Laxmi mittal's sucess etc.

P.S : Is that an aussie fashionable way of writing.. substituting 'of' for 've?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 06, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:

Buahaha :) Cricketing world is prejudiced against the cash rich BCCI, so we decided to invite SA home and lose some matches..

Business world is upset abt Tata's acquisition of Jaguar and Land Rover. Laxmi mittal's sucess etc.

As if on cue.... he enters....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:

you cud maybe have mentioned somewhere in ur post that 4 of the top 10 richest ppl on this planet right now are indians :) and thts obviously making the business world prejudiced against indians
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 06, 2008
SparHawk wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

you cud maybe have mentioned somewhere in ur post that 4 of the top 10 richest ppl on this planet right now are indians :) and thts obviously making the business world prejudiced against indians

What he could of mentioned to was that 300million Indians still live in abject poverty.... But why ruin a good story with the truth?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2008
craigindubai wrote:
SparHawk wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

What he could of mentioned to was that 300million Indians still live in abject poverty.... But why ruin a good story with the truth?

Yes, true and sad but we are working towards a better tmw. Even after all our corrupt politicians've filled up their pockets, we are getting better in terms of money and Govt. policies to help the poor people.

We are just a developing nation with a huge population. But the term abject poverty cant be applied to the mentioned 300 million by any means.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 06, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
craigindubai wrote:
SparHawk wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

Yes, true and sad but we are working towards a better tmw. Even after all our corrupt politicians've filled up their pockets, we are getting better in terms of money and Govt. policies to help the poor people.

We are just a developing nation with a huge population. But the term abject poverty cant be applied to the mentioned 300 million by any means.

i dont think any other country would be able to handle such a huge population and still be developing at the rate India is....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 06, 2008
SparHawk wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:
craigindubai wrote:
SparHawk wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

i dont think any other country would be able to handle such a huge population and still be developing at the rate India is....

Except of course their big brother, China....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat