World's Best Resignation Letter

Topic locked
World's Best Resignation Letter Mar 26, 2008
World's Best Resignation Letter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Mr. Baker,

As an employee of an institution of higher education, I have few very basic expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an intellect that ranges above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment of my co-workers and me during our commission of duties, I can only surmise that you are one of the few true genetic wastes of our time.

Asking me, a network administrator, to explain every nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll into my office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen. I was hired because I know how to network computer systems, and you were apparently hired to provide amusement to your employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the concept of "cut and paste" as it is explained to you for the hundredth time.

You will never understand computers. Something as incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also never understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you, even though I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your shiny new iMac has more personality than you ever will.

You wander around the building all day, shiftlessly seeking fault in others. You have a sharp dressed, useless look about you that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have responsibility, you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their talent will cover for your glaring ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae that everyone else eats and laughs at. Managers like you are a sad proof of the Dilbert principle.

Seeing as this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a full frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation; however, I have a few parting thoughts:

When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is illegal for you to give me a bad recommendation as I have consistently performed my duties and even more. The most you can say to hurt me is, "I prefer not to comment." To keep you honest, I will have friends randomly call you over the next couple of years, because I know you would be unable to do it on your own.

I have all the passwords to every account on the system and I know every password you have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I will publish your "Favorites," which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your useless files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not viewed favorably by the university administrations.

When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your mother's b-day," you neglected to mention that you were going to take nude pictures of yourself in the mirror. Then, like the techno-moron you are, you forgot to erase them. Suffice it to say, I have never seen such odd acts with a ketchup bottle. I assure you that those photos are being kept in safe places pending your authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (And, for once, would you please try to use spellcheck? I hate correcting your mistakes.)

I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow. One word of this to anybody and all of your twisted little repugnant obsessions will become public knowledge. Never fcuk with your systems administrator, Mr. Baker! They know what you do with all that free time!

Sincerely

David Blocker

Network Administrator

quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 26, 2008
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats the way to do it...to those obnoxious wannabe managers.....

Thinking of doing it someday...... :P
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2008
This gave me an idea ..to be nice to network admis......they are an ace in the cards...
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: World's Best Resignation Letter Mar 26, 2008
quatroporte wrote:World's Best Resignation Letter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Mr. Baker,

As an employee of an institution of higher education, I have few very basic expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an intellect that ranges above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment of my co-workers and me during our commission of duties, I can only surmise that you are one of the few true genetic wastes of our time.

Asking me, a network administrator, to explain every nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll into my office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen. I was hired because I know how to network computer systems, and you were apparently hired to provide amusement to your employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the concept of "cut and paste" as it is explained to you for the hundredth time.

You will never understand computers. Something as incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also never understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you, even though I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your shiny new iMac has more personality than you ever will.

You wander around the building all day, shiftlessly seeking fault in others. You have a sharp dressed, useless look about you that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have responsibility, you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their talent will cover for your glaring ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae that everyone else eats and laughs at. Managers like you are a sad proof of the Dilbert principle.

Seeing as this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a full frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation; however, I have a few parting thoughts:

When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is illegal for you to give me a bad recommendation as I have consistently performed my duties and even more. The most you can say to hurt me is, "I prefer not to comment." To keep you honest, I will have friends randomly call you over the next couple of years, because I know you would be unable to do it on your own.

I have all the passwords to every account on the system and I know every password you have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I will publish your "Favorites," which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your useless files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not viewed favorably by the university administrations.

When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your mother's b-day," you neglected to mention that you were going to take nude pictures of yourself in the mirror. Then, like the techno-moron you are, you forgot to erase them. Suffice it to say, I have never seen such odd acts with a ketchup bottle. I assure you that those photos are being kept in safe places pending your authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (And, for once, would you please try to use spellcheck? I hate correcting your mistakes.)

I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow. One word of this to anybody and all of your twisted little repugnant obsessions will become public knowledge. Never f*ck with your systems administrator, Mr. Baker! They know what you do with all that free time!

Sincerely

David Blocker

Network Administrator

Dude,

I've got your name, and photo, from your blog (in your signature) and your occupation (5* hotel) so it would take me at most 3 hours to find out where you work (I've save all your posts). I think you should restore youtube and facebook...

I'm nothing more than anti-hyprocits...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
Dude,

I've got your name, and photo, from your blog (in your signature) and your occupation (5* hotel) so it would take me at most 3 hours to find out where you work (I've save all your posts). So you better restore youtube and facebook...

are you in any chance a network administrator??? :lol: dam you guys react very fast LOL
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

quatroporte wrote:
Concord wrote:
Dude,

I've got your name, and photo, from your blog (in your signature) and your occupation (5* hotel) so it would take me at most 3 hours to find out where you work (I've save all your posts). So you better restore youtube and facebook...

are you in any chance a network administrator??? :lol: dam you guys react very fast LOL

Lets just say it is better if you don't find out. I mean better for you...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
Dude,

Facebook and youtube... RESTORED!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

quatroporte wrote:
Concord wrote:
Dude,

But how woudl I know?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
Concord wrote:
Dude,

But how woudl I know?

i think its better to block this website :D
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

quatroporte wrote:
Concord wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
Concord wrote:
Dude,

But how woudl I know?

i think its better to block this website :D

I would pay you $100K if you do. I've been blocked, banned, etc. I know people in low places and high places... Just ask around.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2008
Loved the letter! And I kid you not!

AnitoKid
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 27, 2008
i think the best part was the ~ “ …apparently hired to provide amusement to your employees” part…but the “[t]o keep you honest” and Lolita thing was good too.
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 27, 2008
See this is why there should be mandatory burning of IT people in a large pot after 5 years of service.

Reasons:

1. IT Administrators think they wield more power than they really have. Their responsibility is to keep sh|t running, and until they can even pull this off they should just shut up.

2. IT people aren't exactly rare. Mandatory culling would reduce the global population and increase the demand for IT people which *may* shift the labour supply of IT back down towards the demand level.

3. As there are approximately 100,000 IT graduates a day worldwide, and the world is running out of both oil and water, mandatory culling could help reduce the world wide dependency. It would mean only the removal of 36.5 Million people per annum, but this is the size of France! (roughly)
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 27, 2008
^ian^ wrote:See this is why there should be mandatory burning of IT people in a large pot after 5 years of service.

Reasons:

1. IT Administrators think they wield more power than they really have. Their responsibility is to keep sh|t running, and until they can even pull this off they should just shut up.

2. IT people aren't exactly rare. Mandatory culling would reduce the global population and increase the demand for IT people which *may* shift the labour supply of IT back down towards the demand level.

3. As there are approximately 100,000 IT graduates a day worldwide, and the world is running out of both oil and water, mandatory culling could help reduce the world wide dependency. It would mean only the removal of 36.5 Million people per annum, but this is the size of France! (roughly)

Lets just say IT Admins...Software Engineers are a bit of a rare species. As the software giants move ahead to make programming easier and dumber the so called software engineers will be an extinct species soon anyway. Nothing against them, but I've observed in this region that IT admins are rated much and weighed high than a soft eng. Not so strange, many of them also have a befitting attitude that without me world is a big zero(Credit must go to the higher mgmt stooges who cant even cut and paste a document part, configure their out look.. or let say not even to to ask Mr.G).
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 27, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:Nothing against them, but I've observed in this region that IT admins are rated much and weighed high than a soft eng.

thats true...

St.Lucifer wrote:Not so strange, many of them also have a befitting attitude that without me world is a big zero

cmon accepted... dont we deserve to have this attitude... it is a fact... without us the world *is* a big zero :D

let me turn off the server and the telephone system and let me see how about the business will work... simply back to stone age :twisted:

St.Lucifer wrote:Credit must go to the higher mgmt stooges who cant even cut and paste a document part, configure their out look..

so true... I am so surprised why the senior management are always so hou-hum in computers that they struggle some times using a mouse or opening an attachment... or to figure out the printer is out-of-paper!!!

no wonder they think we are geniuses :lol:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat