What Do You Study & Why?

Topic locked
What do you Study & Why? Mar 26, 2008
Students, Old People, Kiddies, & and anyone else who studies anything, I have a question for you.

What do you study and why?

:rr:

Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: What do you Study & Why? Mar 26, 2008
Jozen-Bo wrote:Students, Old People, Kiddies, & and anyone else who studies anything, I have a question for you.

What do you study and why?

:rr:

To make your life and future easier (period)!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
OK...you answered the WHY, but what about the WHAT?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Jozen-Bo wrote:OK...you answered the WHY, but what about the WHAT?

I study people.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 26, 2008

Study ANYTHING thru university. No one can take that away from you (even if you are a dumba$$).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

OK...WHY do you study people?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Concord wrote:

Study ANYTHING thru university. No one can take that away from you (even if you are a dumba$$).

AWESOME!!!
A broad study makes a sharp Mind!!!

But, when you study it make sure that its all clear to you and that you are able to go deeper into a least a few subjects...in which case...

Which subjects do you go deepest into when studying?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

That's my job. People.
^ian^

Mar 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

That's my job. People.

Now I am curious, what is your JOB TITLE?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

That's my job. People.

Rocket Scientist
^ian^

Mar 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

That's my job. People.

Rocket Scientist

You are the second rocket scientist on these forums? You answer baffles me, as rockets aren't people...what does being a rocket scientist have to do with people?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

That's my job. People.

Rocket Scientist

You are the second rocket scientist on these forums? You answer baffles me, as rockets aren't people...what does being a rocket scientist have to do with people?

Who is the other?
^ian^

Mar 26, 2008
WHAT: I study chemistry and all that is connected to it-that is professionally...but otherwise i also like to study people, culture, languages,...
WHY: coz i find it interesting, for me, and coz more knowledge u have u get an open view on everything, u are more openminded and u are not easy to manipulate...
oh yea and i am also a Rocket Scientist
justme
Dubai Forum User

Mar 26, 2008
I study labels in the supermarket
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Jozen-Bo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I study people.

That's my job. People.

Rocket Scientist

Who is the other?

Dr. D told me he is a rocket scientist!
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
I study my bank statement. Bad grades all the time!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2008
justme wrote:WHAT: I study chemistry and all that is connected to it-that is professionally...but otherwise i also like to study people, culture, languages,...
WHY: coz i find it interesting, for me, and coz more knowledge u have u get an open view on everything, u are more openminded and u are not easy to manipulate...
oh yea and i am also a Rocket Scientist

That is a great answer!

By the way...I am a Scientist Rocket! (OK...bad joke)

No, to clarify I am a Pioneer of the Mind and a Scientist of Consciousness!!!
And that is not joking around!

Why?

Its a very long story!!!
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
go on - tell us then
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2008
Concord wrote:I study my bank statement. Bad grades all the time!

You poor thing! I too have to study bank statements, thus I can relate!
I always got bad grades in elementary, middle, and ...OK I gaot good grade in high school. But I finished 2 years early to go to college then the UNI.

I got good grades there too.
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
yea tell us..we have time, we are just working..so go on
justme
Dubai Forum User

Mar 26, 2008
scarlet wrote:go on - tell us then

Well, hmmmm? Where do I begin?

I have been learning to enjoy learning ever since I started to study philosophy. I started to study philosophy because I wanted to be a good martial artist. I started to study martial arts because I got into so many fights growing up (1 every other day) and because I thought it was cool and because I thought it would make me more attractive to the ladies if i kicked a$$ (I wanted to get laid). But....this is just how I got started in the study of philosophy.

After reading several books my interest grew. I suddenly found learning to be fun. So I began to study Religion, Psychology, Science, Art, Music, People, Economics, Language, Spirituality, Mentality, Women (my biggest weakness in life), Biology, Chemistry, Acting, Yoga, Tantra, Magic, Comedy, Patterns, Nature, Astrology, Psychics, Paranormal, Math, Architecture (I have a Diploma here), Computers, History, Mythology, Cultures, and anything else I could possibly study.

All of these subjects are a form of knowledge we learn to become more conscious of the world we are of. If you ponder, you will find that most of them are directly related to the study of consciousness itself (Yoga, Religion, Tantra, Psychology, Spirituality, Paranormal, Psychics, History, Mythology, Mentality, Art, People; these directly relate to and augment the knowledge of consciousness itself).

Any one of these subjects breaks down in sub-categories. For example: Science...quantom physics, astronomy, bio-chemistry, Social Studies, Bio-physics, Chaos science, computer science, etc. Another example; Religion; Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Muslim, Pagan, Shamanic, Wicca, and so on. I would also read novels to gather the insights provided; one of the all-time best novels to read to learn about women is a book called: The Red & the Black (it is considered to be one of the best 100 pieces of literature in the world)- shortly after reading that book I began to notice when women where checking me out (where as before I was too stupid).

All of these subjects I learned later have something in common, a common pattern. Many of the material I read somehow related to consciousness, though that is not the pattern I mentioned. It is just a bonus point. The common pattern is not easy to understand and I don't want to confuse anyone, so I'll just say they all converge into a body of knowledge that is not separate from itself. As to my knowledge of Consciousness, I spent over 10 years reading book after book after book gathering anything I could about it.

Everyone seems to offer insight, I would take without judging, looking for where what fits in. I decided to step it up some, that is why I designed the Portal, to look for new knowledge, to find out what is in my Mind. Since I am the only one to do this in the year of 2005 (and the first) I am a pioneer. Since I am recording and observing the data I collect, I am mixing a scientific approach with a non-scientific approach. I figured that I would approach every angle, every possibility, so that I wouldn't miss anything. I am simply trying, I make mistakes (this should be obvious). But I can honestly say I am seeing a much bigger picture then when I began.
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
I almost forgot to mention Philosophy (which is obviously a study of consciousness), which is what got me started in all this study in the first place!!!
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
^^ And after all that learning.. (whatever is written in there) did u learn that if u make a chart of intellegence vs universal knowledge you are not much knowledgeable than an avg toiletbrush and very less knowledgeable than your next door cat?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 26, 2008
all i can say is wow...and that this reminds me of that movie with russel crow in it, can't remeber the title...
justme
Dubai Forum User

Mar 26, 2008
scarlet wrote:I study labels in the supermarket

Damn!! I wanted to say that!! hehehe!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2008
justme wrote:all i can say is wow...and that this reminds me of that movie with russel crow in it, can't remeber the title...

A Beautiful Mind!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:^^ And after all that learning.. (whatever is written in there) did u learn that if u make a chart of intellegence vs universal knowledge you are not much knowledgeable than an avg toiletbrush and very less knowledgeable than your next door cat?

Drats...I wanted to quote your quote..."don't be fooled into thinking all that you've learned is the only truth"...or something like that. I know this all the too well. There is so much to learn, I don't know everything, I just know a lot . I will go on studying more and more and more. I have no plans to stop. As to the the quote that got quoted:

So...you didn't even take the time to read it? How can you possibly comment on it then? As to what you did say (which is like shooting arrows in the dark when I consider it to be a reply to something you didn't read); this is not a chart of intelligence, you nor I can say what it is, because no one officially knows. As to Universal Knowledge, why do you think I bothered to learn such a broad spectrum? I was looking for a connection that is Universal...YOU NOR ANYONE will ever learn universal knowledge by studying just one thing...how will you ever know it is universal if you don't look at the other subjects to see if there is something universal about it?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Hmm

Well I would study because it's the only thing which I earn from life and no one can come back to me saying I am uneducated but yes its also true it makes u more understnding of ur surroundings. It's good to gain knowledge but yeah not too good when u want only knowledge and nothing else. U need some break also just like All work and no play makes jack a dull boy!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:Hmm

Well I would study because it's the only thing which I earn from life and no one can come back to me saying I am uneducated but yes its also true it makes u more understnding of ur surroundings. It's good to gain knowledge but yeah not too good when u want only knowledge and nothing else. U need some break also just like All work and no play makes jack a dull boy!!

Thank You Unknown Devil!!! That is why I can be such a goof off at times. If I was always serious I would be miserable. And what good is knowledge if you can't put it to work? There IS more to life then just learning. Realization is said to be a higher state of Mind the Learning. Helping others is said to be higher the realizing profound truths. And there is said to be only one state that is higher or more noble then helping others.
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
i want to make a donation...where do i sign?
justme
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat