Automatic Car Starter

Topic locked
Automatic Car starter Mar 18, 2008
Hi All,

I just moved to Dubai and was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy and install an automatic car starter here. I know the hot months are around the corner and I don't want to be baking in my car!!!

Cheers,
John :D

jahnsj
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 19, 2008
In Naif road... opposite to Hyat Regency (close to Gold Souq)

thos guys got everything you would imagine for your car :)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2008
Also, Yellow Hat in Times Square Center. Saw them today.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2008
thanks so much guys!!!
jahnsj
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 20, 2008
what the hell is an automatic car starter :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 23, 2008
Many auto starters are built into advanced/premium aftermarket car remote systems, allowing the user to start the car without being in the car.

However, IIRC, this also disables the immobilizer and makes the car easier to steal since the immobilizer is bypassed or rendered inactive by the presence of an appropriate relay or spare key.
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 23, 2008
As I understand the automatic car starter is disabled as soon as the break pedal is pushed without the key being in the ignition. Correct me if I'm wrong....I don't want my car stolen!!!
jahnsj
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 23, 2008
Based on your original post, I was under the impression that you were planning to use the automatic car starter to start the car remotely so that it starts the car and the airconditioner, so that the interior of the car would be cool when you get to it a few minutes later.

From my experience with such starters, the immobilizer is usually fooled into thinking that the key is inserted and hence deactivated, in order for the car to be started, remotely or otherwise.

It remains a decision between convenience and security, and if it's any help, the steering remains locked, so any would-be car thieves wouldn't be able to drive very far (unless the getaway route is a straight road) even though the engine is started.
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 25, 2008
so will the lights turn on as well? sounds like a nice device did anyone find out how much it is in the naif area or elsewhere? and can you fit it into any car like nissan batrol??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2008
@rudeboy:

you can switch on/off the lights remotely by placing a dual relay with your headlamps/tail lamps. However, you will have to get an additional controller w/ remote for this functionality. In your case, if you intend to hook it up with existing central locking, you can relay the current (+positive) line to a second box connected to a relay which terminates on your headlamp/switch.

automatic start, automatic lights & even automatic a/c control is possible using the same concept, however utilizing one or more control bords & multple remotes.

Since everything is being initiated over LRF & the functions are on the controller, i believe it can be relayed to another controller to initiate diffent function in the same method.

in some older models they hook up 4 or 5 wirest from the key switch panel to the controller and in some cars they hook up only 3 wires. i dont know about the newer models.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto