[ Lovers]

Topic locked
[ Lovers] Feb 27, 2008
Excuse me!!

Would you stop for a moment?!
O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself
?
Who has made it?
Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?!
Have you seen a wonderful, delicate work without a
Worker ?!
It's you and the whole universe!..
Who has made them all ?!!
You know who?.. It's "ALLAH", prise be to him.
Just think for a moment.
How are you going to be after death?!
Can you believe that this exact system of the universe
And all of these great creation will end in
nothing...just after death!
Have you thought, for a second, How to save your soul
from Allah's punishment?!
Haven't you thought about what is the right religion?!
Read ... and think deeply before you answer..
It is religion of Islam.
It is the religion that Mohammad-peace upon him- the
last prophet, had been sent by.
It is the religion that the right Bible- which is not
distorted-has preached.
Just have a look at The Bible of (Bernaba).
Don't be emotional .
Be rational and judge..
Just look..listen...compare..and then judge and say
Your word.
We advise you to visit:
http://www.islam-guide.com/

http://www.al-sunnah.com/

http://www.thetruereligion.org

http://www.sultan.org

http://www.islam-qa.com/

hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 27, 2008
erm death is but a change from one form to another, seeing as everything in the universe is made up of energy. Energy cannot be destroyed it merely changes form one form to another.

There IS no good religion, all religion is EVIL!!!

It's an invention by man to instill control upon others.

I believe in humankind as a community with mutal respect for one another, not fighting and bickering over 'what's the best religion' - who cares! I don't!

Atheism is the way to go!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2008
I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

I agree it's possible that there isn't a creator, but the odds are so small I cannot bring myself to believe in that!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 27, 2008
Hey Shaf,

I don't mind what people believe in, it's their right to believe whatever they want. What I can't stand are these preaching posts.

Religion and belief is a personal thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Hey Shaf,

I don't mind what people believe in, it's their right to believe whatever they want. What I can't stand are these preaching posts.

I hear and agree with you Chocs - I think they are counter productive - those that believe, don't need them and those that don't won't be convinced.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 28, 2008
shafique wrote:I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

Enlarge please shafique - how is faith involved in dismissal of something which cannot be proved to exist? How are the odds small?

shafique wrote:I agree it's possible that there isn't a creator, but the odds are so small I cannot bring myself to believe in that!

If you agree it is possible that there may not be a God your an Agnostic mate :)

P.s. I am not bashing Religion now, this is a philosophical discussing between to grown adults ;)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Feb 28, 2008
jabbajabba wrote:
shafique wrote:I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

Enlarge please shafique - how is faith involved in dismissal of something which cannot be proved to exist? How are the odds small?

It's the old Ocram's razor principles, the watchmaker analogy or the comment that believing life came into being by chance being like believing that a Boeing 747 was created by a hurricane going through a junk yard.

I.e. the theory that the complexity of life/universe came into being purely by chance is certainly possible, but will require belief in something that has an infinitesly small probability.

If I see a watch - complex as it is, but I don't have any evidence that anyone made it. I could believe that it came into being by chance - but this is such a remote probability that I am more likely to believe that the watch was created by someone.

The likes of Richard Dawkins etc, seem to say that believers in God say that creation could not have happened by chance at all. He misses the point that we say that it could have happened by chance, but it is even more remote probability than believing that a watch was made by chance alone.

Belief in an improbable event - that life and the universe was created without outside force - requires more faith than I have.

jabbajabba wrote:
shafique wrote:I agree it's possible that there isn't a creator, but the odds are so small I cannot bring myself to believe in that!

If you agree it is possible that there may not be a God your an Agnostic mate :)

Well, I would be agnostic if I wasn't convinced that there is a God. :)

Creation without a creator is a valid (but remote theory). Another theory of creation that I like to quote is :
"We were all created 5 minutes ago with ready made memories".

You can't disprove this theory - but is it a probable one?

jabbajabba wrote:
P.s. I am not bashing Religion now, this is a philosophical discussing between to grown adults ;)

Religion is a different kettle of fish - not believing in a Creator/Force of the Universe etc is something that requires a lot of faith. There are many that don't believe in religion but do believe in God (but may call him - 'Mother Nature' or 'force of nature' etc).

Atheism is a belief in no God - that takes a lot of faith! :)

Many atheists are agnostics I have found - many also just haven't thought about it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 03, 2008

hey chocopops :D

dont wanna preach u or anything. but how can u say theres no god :S i mean think of all the things that are there on earth, the rivers, the sea, the mountains and even us humans. where did we all come from. i know you will say evolution blah blah blah ok fine.

how do our eyes work? what about our senses? what about our digestive system? how about our hearth that beats what about our brain? i mean who designed all this?? the energy??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Imam Abu Hanifa was once asked by an atheist, "Is there any proof that God exists?" he replied, "Forget it! At the moment, I am busy thinking about this ship.People tell me there is a big ship; it contains different goods on board. There is no one to steer it, no one maintaining it. Yet, this ship keeps going back and forth; it even traverses big waves on the oceans; it stops at the locations that it is supposed to stop at; it continues in the direction that it is supposed to head. This ship has no captain and no one planning its trips." The atheist who posed the question interrupted and exclaimed, "What kind of strange and silly thought is this? How can any intelligent person think that some thing like this can occur?"
hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
Dude, by the sh!t that's happening in the world right now, it's the biggest reason that there's no one controling this god-forsaken place.
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
rudeboy wrote:

dont wanna preach u or anything. but how can u say theres no god :S i mean think of all the things that are there on earth, the rivers, the sea, the mountains and even us humans. where did we all come from. i know you will say evolution blah blah blah ok fine.

how do our eyes work? what about our senses? what about our digestive system? how about our hearth that beats what about our brain? i mean who designed all this?? the energy??

Erm I suggest you go take a biology class. These things are not unique to human beings, but every living thing. And yes I'm a believer of evolution, to sy that 'pop' one day we just appeared is daft. Especially now when there are so many findings and evidence of the evolution of man. And I have to say man is the worst species on this planet!

I am quite a spiritual person, given the crazy things I've witnessed, but not a religious one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:erm death is but a change from one form to another, seeing as everything in the universe is made up of energy. Energy cannot be destroyed it merely changes form one form to another.

There IS no good religion, all religion is EVIL!!!

It's an invention by man to instill control upon others.

I believe in humankind as a community with mutal respect for one another, not fighting and bickering over 'what's the best religion' - who cares! I don't!

Atheism is the way to go!

Respect your views. I dont like the concept of religion as well but i think they were all created to do good to people. And u dont have to mix faith with religion. So having no faith in a religion doesnt automatically mean that a person is an atheist.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Erm I suggest you go take a biology class. These things are not unique to human beings, but every living thing. And yes I'm a believer of evolution, to sy that 'pop' one day we just appeared is daft. Especially now when there are so many findings and evidence of the evolution of man. And I have to say man is the worst species on this planet!

I am quite a spiritual person, given the crazy things I've witnessed, but not a religious one.

oh come on how does biology explain to humans how our digestive system is desgined? are you saying that one day out of no where our digestive system was designed this way? what about our heart? are you saying that there was no force behind all this???

well ur allowed to believe what you want to believe in and i respect that. and yeh i do agree with you man is the worst species on this planet. all we care about is killing each other for territory, politics and we will even kill in the name of religion. i guess with so much suffering and war around the world ppl like you really do wonder whether there is a god or not.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
"oh come on how does biology explain to humans how our digestive system is desgined?"
Product of evolution over billion of years.

"are you saying that there was no force behind all this???"
Well, technically it would be force of nature.

"i do agree with you man is the worst species on this planet."
I disagree. Man has a very wide scope, he/she can be worst or the best. Dr. Lang eloquently discusses this in his book 'Even the Angels Ask'.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
Nice views guys. Plus I also wonder, if God is 'everywhere', then why would you need specific places of worship?! You can say your prays anywhere you like, it doesn't matter where you are or which way you face.

I have no problem with faith, as Rudeboy corerctly pointed out. Organised religion I have a big problem with.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Nice views guys. Plus I also wonder, if God is 'everywhere', then why would you need specific places of worship?! You can say your prays anywhere you like, it doesn't matter where you are or which way you face.

I have no problem with faith, as Rudeboy corerctly pointed out. Organised religion I have a big problem with.

heheh well who said u need specific places to worship? in islam you can pray where ever you like as long as the place is clean. and its the same with christianity. when you are praying you are only interacting with god.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums