6 Months Jail For Killing Policeman

Topic locked
6 months jail for killing policeman Feb 22, 2008
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 22, 2008
6 months is too little :S it should have been 1 year. but i guess since he is a local driver he will get less time then the rest of us.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2008
i think its way too little for the fact that he was driving recklessly and for killing a policeman.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 22, 2008
bsorc wrote:i think its way too little for the fact that he was driving recklessly and for killing a policeman.

i think he only got 6 months cos he was local. but i do remember my uncle running over a guy and he had to spend 2 weeks in jail and didnt have to pay the blood money cos the guy he ran over came out of coma.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2008
Switch Yemeni n Emarati and you will be getting a totally different story.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 22, 2008
"We call on drivers to adhere to local and federal traffic laws, otherwise, the sword of justice will be right behind you... we will ask the Dubai courts to apply the toughest and sternest punishments in order to protect lives and save property," Bu Farousha told Gulf News.

6 whole months..... thats the toughest they can come up with.

what a load of bulls.h.i.t
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2008
MC wrote:Switch Yemeni n Emarati and you will be getting a totally different story.

i thought they were the same thing :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2008
Oh no you mean Iranian :lol: :lol:
I'll get killed for that post :P
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 22, 2008
rudeboy wrote:
MC wrote:Switch Yemeni n Emarati and you will be getting a totally different story.

i thought they were the same thing :S

In blood yes but in terms of citizenship & Nationality they are completely different from each other.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 22, 2008
[quote="MC"]Oh no you mean Iranian :lol: :lol:
I'll get killed for that post :P[/quote

does it matter who it is??? cos end of the day you will go to the jail and mind you its not fun spending 6 months in UAE jails.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2008
so let me get this right, kill someone 6 months, have a pitiful amount of canabis on you at the airport and you get 4 years. Somethings not quite right with that
DDastardly
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 22, 2008
DDastardly wrote:so let me get this right, kill someone 6 months, have a pitiful amount of canabis on you at the airport and you get 4 years. Somethings not quite right with that

You also get deportation for " kiss my a.." sticker on your car.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 23, 2008
It just shows how the laws are implemented into two different ways: one for locals and one for foreigners. :shock:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 23, 2008
bsorc wrote:
DDastardly wrote:so let me get this right, kill someone 6 months, have a pitiful amount of canabis on you at the airport and you get 4 years. Somethings not quite right with that

You also get deportation for " kiss my a.." sticker on your car.

do you get jailed for sticking your middle finger at someone? (thats what i got told)

i dont know how long ill survive here without getting jailed.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 23, 2008
I really can't bealive they give him only 6 months for that. I'm curious if a foreign will do that, i guess the sentence will not be les than 10 years or who knows how much .. And ofcourse after one year he will have the driving licence back :roll:
Anyway i dont think will be easy for him to stay those 6 months in jail.

reviewer has right for sure are 2 different ways of law one for locals and one for foreigners.
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 23, 2008
Cristin wrote:]

As far a I know people doing time have separate cells according to one's natioanlity, who knows what kind of preference they give to locals. 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 23, 2008
Plus I don't believe not having his license will stop him from driving when he gets out. Sword of justice my donkey! :P
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 24, 2008
No preference as it was honest mistake. If you make honest mistake then you should not be treated like murderer.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 24, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:No preference as it was honest mistake. If you make honest mistake then you should not be treated like murderer.

I didn't know killing someone can be a"honest mistake" :roll:
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 24, 2008
Cristin wrote:
Sheikhmo wrote:No preference as it was honest mistake. If you make honest mistake then you should not be treated like murderer.

I didn't know killing someone can be a"honest mistake" :roll:

It is his most honest justifications so far..... :roll: :roll:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 24, 2008

An honest mistake is still a manslaughter conviction. You should not go unpunished or under-punished for taking a human life.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 24, 2008
He didn't run over the police officer on purpose. The guy was just tired and couldn't see that the car in front had stopped he did not even see the guy until he was hit.

The family of the driver is very sorry and they are trying to do what they can to make amend for the trouble. He did not even know he was there, no intent to kill.

It was accident.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 24, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:He didn't run over the police officer on purpose. The guy was just tired and couldn't see that the car in front had stopped he did not even see the guy until he was hit.

The family of the driver is very sorry and they are trying to do what they can to make amend for the trouble. He did not even know he was there, no intent to kill.

It was accident.

"Reckless driving". On purpose or not, he killed a man because he couldn't follow the law. He deserves a more stern punishment.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 24, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:He didn't run over the police officer on purpose. The guy was just tired and couldn't see that the car in front had stopped he did not even see the guy until he was hit.

It was accident.

Yes we have to think at that too, he didn't want to kill him, it was an accident.But the thing is they give him only 6 months if was a foreigner im sure they will give him much more
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 24, 2008
if you guys see the video on youtube, you will realize that the driving was pretty reckless.

6 months jail?? what a joke!
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 25, 2008
Give me a break guys, He killed him by mistake and he is paying 200 k penalty, Also, this punishemnt is similar in other countries

Hit-and-run driver who killed doctor gets 11 months jail

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... e061afb736

No jail time for drunk driver who killed 18 year-old

http://digg.com/world_news/No_jail_time ... 8_year_old

Driver in Halberstam crash gets 5 days in jail

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 5V2K7E.DTL
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2008
If he was a foreigner and the victim was a local......would it result in the same conviction.....most probably not.... :roll:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2008
Cristin wrote:I really can't bealive they give him only 6 months for that. I'm curious if a foreign will do that, i guess the sentence will not be les than 10 years or who knows how much .. And ofcourse after one year he will have the driving licence back :roll:

reviewer has right for sure are 2 different ways of law one for locals and one for foreigners.

Dubai has certain laws, and it applies to everyone (local or otherwise), thats why you go to court. The court decides how long you go to jail for, it is different if you intended to kill the person or if it was an accident.

The only difference between a local and an expat is that the expat gets deported, they cant deport the local can they??

I cant believe you people just look for something to complain about !!!
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 25, 2008
Yeah imagine that was your father then, would you have the same feelings? I really doubt it.

And I don't care what other countries would do, this was a case of reckless driving. The driver knows that he can harm someone based on the way he is driving and he did. He didn't intend to kill him but he did know the risks. He chose to take that risk at the expense of another human life. Yes, we will be complaining.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2008
redtilldead wrote:if you guys see the video on youtube, you will realize that the driving was pretty reckless.

6 months jail?? what a joke!

I didn't know it's a video on youtube.. so can you post the video here?
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat