PAJERO 2-door VS FORTUNER

Topic locked
PAJERO 2-door VS FORTUNER Jan 30, 2008
i know both of em are class apart, however, in terms of handling, fuel economy, interior space, maintenance & re-sale which 1 scores over the other. Appreciate ur comments..

cheers

Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 07, 2008
well the fortuner is a 4 door so its obviously bigger in size. It will consume more petrol also due to the more wieght of the car.
In my opinion....the fortuner is the poor mans prado and is lacking in areas such as 4 disk breaks, has a old 4 speed transmission, has weirdly placed rear a/c vents, is not assembled in Japan, shares interior design with a toyota pickup...so I would not recommend it.

the pajero on the other hand is a proven good car with a lot of great options like triptronic, 4 disk brakes with ABS, EBD and brake assist(i think), sunroof etc. Plus it will consume less petrol and looks waaay better...

So I'd take a smaller 2 door pajero over a fortuner but if it was a prado in comparison, I just might take the prado over the pajero...
faisal7
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2008
spot on dude...i like the way u broke it down...juz needed some re-assurance...i hd been to the toyota showroom months ago...& was v. disappointed with the cabin space...however i think it looks niice at times on the outside...the pajero is really nicely done up in the front...howevr the backlights cld have been similar to the 4-door...coz the ones they got now on the 2 door ...juz dont match up wid the headlights...anyways hands down the pajero is defi gr8 pik!!

cheers!!
Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 13, 2008
Pajero 2 door rear lights are different to a 4 door...didn't know that...but still overall pajero over a fortuner...

are you're buying it...??
if yes...let us know what you think of it....
faisal7
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 04, 2008
nah m rethinkn on it coz the RAV4 is a better option in terms of the total package...still tryn to convince myself that its a nice lookn SUV...but it juz innit :(
Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 04, 2008
The Rav4 is a 4 cyliner car with big wheels...its cant go offroad...

The pajero is a much better car....if still not happy look at the prado 2 door....4.0l is a great engine... :D
faisal7
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 08, 2008
m lookin at the Suzuki Grand Vitara now....what do you ppl think?!?
Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2008
finally bought the explorer xlt...2008 brand new...so far so good...any1 can comment on the mileage expected coz its a 6 cylinder 4 ltr engine
Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto