Travellers To Dubai & Around The World, This Could Happe

Topic locked
Travellers to Dubai & around the world, this could happe Jan 26, 2008
I received a mail from a woman describing her recent experience with the Dubai authorities.
It is not shocking, but informative, calm & well written letter - " good to know" story!

"I would like to tell you about my recent experience I had on a trip to Dubai.
I arrived at the early morning hours on Tuesday 15th January. I was travelling with my husband who is a captain for an international airline based in Asia. I had decided to go on a trip with him which allowed me to stop in Dubai for 24 hours on our way to London.
I had a lovely day in Dubai visiting the fantastic shopping malls and even had the opportunity to go snowboarding in the indoor ski slope situated in the Mall of the Emirates............."
http://www.dubaicrime.com/2008/01/mistaken-identity.html

Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 26, 2008
Thanks For Sharing................

Was Helpful Really.
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2008
Quite a story, sorry that you had to go through this, it is however sadly not unique.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 27, 2008
It is a terrible situation but not the end of the world. It ended well, when it could have ended much worse.

The lesson here though is at the first sniff of trouble, get your embassy involved. They can have Arab speaking representatives on the scene quickly.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 27, 2008
:shock: :shock: :shock: So disheartening to hear stories like this, though it can happen anywhere anytime.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 27, 2008
I don't believe the story.

p.s. Why was this post moved to "Culture" forum and not the "Travel" forum or left in general? Is it because a moderator thinks this is the "Culture" in the UAE :shock: Just because the incident allegedly happened in Dubai does not mean that it is a "culture/cultural" matter. It might just be a made up story (as I believe) after all.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2008
I am afraid I believe it. I have encountered pretty much the same attitude with some of Dubai's Finest. Its a good job she was not flying from Sharjah...now there I would have some deep and dark tales to tell!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 28, 2008
The total apathy of the authorities towards the women in unacceptable yet not surprising at all. This incident happening in Dubai doesn't shock me anymore.

Can you please clarify why this thread have been moved, dont you think this issue could be approriately discussed in the General Chat. Why dont we let the DF'ers give their opinion on this issue.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 04, 2008
I dont know if this story is true or not but there are many precautions and formalities the police has to carry out when things like this happen. The police are there to do their jobs and things like this happen. But I dont think it was a CRIME.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2008
Sad story indeed. Now just imagine what happens when you have the same first name as a terrorist`and you are fllying out of JFK
shireen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat