So I Don't Yet Have A Job...

Topic locked
So I don't yet have a job... Jan 19, 2008
....but i'm coming to dubai on a visit visa on wednesday, reckon I can get a job and a work permit in 6 weeks?

25yr old male from Perth, Australia

2 years in a cafe/restaurant;
2 years experience in a hotel as head bar attendant;
BA/BSc Counter-terrorism & International Politics;

Just looking for a job doing anything I can live on for a working holiday 6 months - 1year.

What are my odds?? Any advice is appreciated.

Antiloop
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 21, 2008
Antiloop,

You Can Find Probably, But It Is A Bit Difficult In Dubai.

Dubai Is Very Saturated Now. But Try Your Chance
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2008
orik wrote:Antiloop,

You Can Find Probably, But It Is A Bit Difficult In Dubai.

Dubai Is Very Saturated Now. But Try Your Chance

Can I ask why you say so, Iv been struggling to job in Dubai, now for a few months, applying for jobs, I meet the requirements but no replies or any luck, im from South Africa, and read that you can only get a work visa if you get a job offer,
FM1
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 21, 2008
Can I ask why you say so, Iv been struggling to job in Dubai, now for a few months, applying for jobs, I meet the requirements but no replies or any luck, im from South Africa, and read that you can only get a work visa if you get a job offer.

I Have Seen A Lot Of My Friends Applied For Job Too, But Couldn't Succeed. But It Seems, You Can Do It, If You Are In Dubai. It Is Much Better (Direct Human Contact, Not From Computer).

Also, Some Friends Made Great Business There. Car Business Especially.
They Repair Old Cars And Sell Them Very High Prices.

To Say True, I - Myself, Dont Need Job, I'm Webmaster Myself And Work From Home On My Computer When I Want(Easy Money), But I Could Learn The Things About Dubai Too While I"m On Vacation To Dubai, So I Advised
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2008
I hate when people say this but "Its only as hard as you make it out to be"

I think thats the phrase anyway.

If you persevere, you will find a job, You have a qualification in Internation Politics so that should help you on your way to landing a job.

If all else fails, you can always get a job at one of the many hotels as a barman and live off that for a while until you find a job that pays the amount you require.

Good Luck!!
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted