Quote For My Package!!!!

Topic locked
Quote for my Package!!!! Nov 29, 2005
Hi ....

i am 26yrs old, belgian, engineer, 4yrs exp in construction .... and here is the package i have been offered:
- 11000AED/month + 1000AED for transport
- a pension scheme ~ 8percent of salary/month
- Flat in satwa provided but probably not water and electricity
- Medical insurance but no idea yet of what it covers yet
- 2 flights/year

What are the possibilities there with such package? saving, lifestyle... what do i have to think about?

My concerns are about health care, break with social security in belgium...

Many thanks
Nicola

dimatteo.n
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 29, 2005
Nic,

As long as housing and some form of allowance for transport if given you'll be doing fine. The only thing with the transport is how far is it away from your appt in Satwa? If its nearby then you'll be fine with the allowance amount.

Medical cover you'll of course need to check with your prospective employer on the extent and type of cover provided.

Other than that you should be fine.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
The package is decent... and yes one reason i came here to Dubai is the almost non existant social standards of Montreal...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
Liban wrote:The package is decent... and yes one reason i came here to Dubai is the almost non existant social standards of Montreal...

So u r already in Dubai!!! That explains why there were earthquake tremors there... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
Liban wrote:The package is decent... and yes one reason i came here to Dubai is the almost non existant social standards of Montreal...

You mean living standards right? Cause socially Dubai has got a long way to go.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
sniper420 wrote:

So u r already in Dubai!!! That explains why there were earthquake tremors there... :lol:

Yeah buddy, I'm in Dubai... And the ground shook 'cause of my sauve looks... It was a $exual quiver of desire that this city got 'cause of me!! :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:

Beleive me, its easier to live an Islamic lifestyle here than in Canada...

But yes, living standard here are much higher...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:

I agree with yah. well to take into account of standard of living one has to take into account of education and human rights and other sectors which Dubai is far behind
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2005
Liban wrote:
sniper420 wrote:

Yeah buddy, I'm in Dubai... And the ground shook 'cause of my sauve looks... It was a $exual quiver of desire that this city got 'cause of me!! :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhh! Tha's the reason your lovers have taken u to that g*y wedding....... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 02, 2005
Don't worry, they throw you a parade if ever you come back :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Quote for my Package!!!! Dec 03, 2005
dimatteo.n wrote:Hi ....

i am 26yrs old, belgian, engineer, 4yrs exp in construction .... and here is the package i have been offered:
- 11000AED/month + 1000AED for transport
- a pension scheme ~ 8percent of salary/month
- Flat in satwa provided but probably not water and electricity
- Medical insurance but no idea yet of what it covers yet
- 2 flights/year

What are the possibilities there with such package? saving, lifestyle... what do i have to think about?

My concerns are about health care, break with social security in belgium...

Many thanks
Nicola

I will be honest with you, but construction staff are in huge demand. Packages on offer have risen to such an extent that even from one year ago, there has been an increase of around 25-30%. Your total package per month is approx Dhs17-18K.

Utility bills should be included, if it is a true expat package, although things like telephone bills and cable TV, internet etc will have to be provided and paid for by you. Dhs1000 per month travel is not enough. I mean it. Certainly not to finance a car.

I would defo suggest you try and negotiate a bit more in all respects.

Is it a Design engineering practice or a construction firm you may be working for
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 03, 2005
Hi ladies and gents,

I follow closely all post here and Yorky s one is very sharp! Thanks

Everybody give nice infos but friends ring seems to be closed!!!! Well this is what i am affraid of too! Where to go to meet nice people from any nationality???? and discover more what dubai has to offer...????

I would work for getechnical drilling company. Partly in the field and in office. Well it is already the second time i discuss with them. There should be an increase on my salary but for car.... i don t know yet. Told them as well to do some effort...I ll see because indeed i don t think 1000AED would cover it!!! At all.....
Moreover, could anybody quote the TV cable cost, internet, phone, water and electricity...anything else i should care about???? current fuel price?

Thanks to you Dubai cityzens!
dimatteo.n
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 03, 2005
dimatteo.n wrote:Hi ladies and gents,

Everybody give nice infos but friends ring seems to be closed!!!! Well this is what i am affraid of too! Where to go to meet nice people from any nationality???? and discover more what dubai has to offer...????

I would work for getechnical drilling company. Partly in the field and in office. Well it is already the second time i discuss with them. There should be an increase on my salary but for car.... i don t know yet. Told them as well to do some effort...I ll see because indeed i don t think 1000AED would cover it!!! At all.....
Moreover, could anybody quote the TV cable cost, internet, phone, water and electricity...anything else i should care about???? current fuel price?

Well I guess we are gonna start Dubai forums memebers meetup so it's here where u get to know ppl. I think the cost of utilities is kinda high - electricity, water and other crap. Internet is complete $hit and expensive. phone rate is ok. One funy thing is fuel is cheaper than water
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2005
dimatteo.n wrote:Hi ladies and gents,

Internet = dhs.200 per month (ADSL line)
Phone = depends on phone calls ya make really (say dhs.250)
utilities: 1 bed = 500 per month, 2 bed = 600, 3 deb villa = 1000 (if you get a centralised a/c, then knock off 50%ish.
cable = depends on package, but say 200
food = cheaper to eat out
Gas = if you get it, around 25 pwe month.

Also, you want a minimum of 2 flights per year home and 30 days annual leave (should be standard).

also, the Dhs is pegged to the US$, therefore if the Euro/£ is strong, then you are gonna lose out big time in exchange rates! The Euro/£ is pretty strong at the mo, so you need to work out what your saving potential is, if you are here and you cannot save, then beter stay at home!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum