Christmas Tele/movies

Topic locked
christmas tele/movies Dec 23, 2007
so anyone got an Idea of whats on showtime or orbit this week?
or recommend a good dvd from the dvd lady?

gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 23, 2007
I always like to watch the Grinch or Nightmare before Christmas... give me a new perspective on Christmas...

Think they are showing the whole Star Wars saga on Showtime on Christmas day if that's your thing... Stuffed full of food and wine, watching mindless action movies... stuff of heaven :D
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 23, 2007
abarawakijess wrote:I always like to watch the Grinch or Nightmare before Christmas... give me a new perspective on Christmas...

Think they are showing the whole Star Wars saga on Showtime on Christmas day if that's your thing... Stuffed full of food and wine, watching mindless action movies... stuff of heaven :D

8)
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 23, 2007
I watched this TV show about the Prophet Mohamed the other night. The Prophet was in the show... well, except he wasn't. You see it's against islam to portray images of the prophet.

Therefore, it showed people talking to him (but never him) and then the person would come out and say to the others 'Mohamed said he wouldn't stop'.

It was interesting and all that... but it does make me laugh at the silliness of some religious ideologies and dogmatic doctrine.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 23, 2007
Whats the programme called? I'd like to watch something educational about the prophet if there is re-runs or if I can get it on DVD.

Please explain about the part where the people said the prophet would't stop... stop what?
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 23, 2007
abarawakijess wrote:Whats the programme called? I'd like to watch something educational about the prophet if there is re-runs or if I can get it on DVD.

Please explain about the part where the people said the prophet would't stop... stop what?

Stop amassing followers and teaching the words of the prophets and Allah and that there was only one god. Apparently Mecca worshiped many gods and was not into Christianity or Judaism either.

I don't know the name, but it was on MBC4 I think... I will check the guide and get back to you.

Not sure who played Mohamed.
^ian^

Dec 23, 2007
I know it doesn't fin into their teachings, but what is wrong with having many Gods?

Cheers if you don't mind checking for me. Its always good to learn new things I think...
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 23, 2007
abarawakijess wrote:I know it doesn't fin into their teachings, but what is wrong with having many Gods?

Cheers if you don't mind checking for me. Its always good to learn new things I think...

Because there is only one god, not many. That is the fundamental principle of Judaism/Christianity/Islam.
^ian^

Dec 23, 2007
I know that mate and you know that too. BUt my question is why? I know it doesn't fit into their teachings, but why not?

Or is this a redundant question?!?!
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 23, 2007
I know that mate and you know that too. BUt my question is why? I know it doesn't fit into their teachings, but why not?

abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 23, 2007
abarawakijess wrote:I know that mate and you know that too. BUt my question is why? I know it doesn't fit into their teachings, but why not?

Well... having multiple gods won't fit into your teaching if the basic reason your religion exists is to honour one AND ONLY ONE God.
^ian^

Dec 23, 2007
DOH!!!

Stupid question... Sorry wasn't really thinking am I?!
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 23, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
abarawakijess wrote:I know it doesn't fin into their teachings, but what is wrong with having many Gods?

Because there is only one god, not many. That is the fundamental principle of Judaism/Christianity/Islam.

Well, even the new age Hinduism teaches.But with a difference.. saying there may b diff gods but they are all incarnations of the supreme soul, the universal truth... Brahman...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat