Construction/PRoject Manager - Salary

Topic locked
Construction/PRoject Manager - Salary Dec 13, 2007
Hi there,

my husband and I are seriously thinking of relocating from Ireland to Dubai for a few years.

He is a Construction Manager and is looking for a project manager role. He has applied to a number of companies direct and through agencies. They have come back asking what sort of salary he is looking for.

My question is, what is a typical salary for a Construction/Project Manager in Dubai? Also they have asked what "fringe" benefits he would expect.

Any help would be appreciated as he doesn't want to ask for anything outrageous and frighten them off but at the same time he wants to secure a very good deal making it well worth our while in relocating.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Curly

CurlyOB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Construction/PRoject Manager - Salary Dec 17, 2007
CurlyOB wrote:Hi there,

my husband and I are seriously thinking of relocating from Ireland to Dubai for a few years.

He is a Construction Manager and is looking for a project manager role. He has applied to a number of companies direct and through agencies. They have come back asking what sort of salary he is looking for.

My question is, what is a typical salary for a Construction/Project Manager in Dubai? Also they have asked what "fringe" benefits he would expect.

Any help would be appreciated as he doesn't want to ask for anything outrageous and frighten them off but at the same time he wants to secure a very good deal making it well worth our while in relocating.

Regards,
Curly

What would he command in Ireland or UK? Then ask for the same. The fact that it will be tax free will make the difference.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Construction/PRoject Manager - Salary Dec 17, 2007
Concord wrote:
CurlyOB wrote:Hi there,

Regards,
Curly

What would he command in Ireland or UK? Then ask for the same. The fact that it will be tax free will make the difference.

I'm a quantity surveyor and have recently secured a position with a dubai firm starting january. I would say from my experience that salaries are higher regardless of tax-free situation - My salary has pretty much doubled even without taking into account the tax-free difference. Demand seems to be greater than supply at minute so u can expect a higher salary over there.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2007
Thanks very much for your responses, I appreciate it.

On the fringe benefits is it normal to ask for the following or at least an allowance towards them;

Medical Insurance
Accommodation
Car

am I missing anything?

Thanks again,
Curly
CurlyOB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 17, 2007
Also ask for school fees if you have children. It makes a difference.
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 17, 2007
thanks, yes that did cross our mind. We don't have children yet but do plan to start trying sooner rather than later meaning should we like Dubai and everything works out we may need school fees down the line at some stage.

thanks for your advice
Curly
CurlyOB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 17, 2007
CurlyOB wrote:Thanks very much for your responses, I appreciate it.

On the fringe benefits is it normal to ask for the following or at least an allowance towards them;

Medical Insurance
Accommodation
Car

am I missing anything?

Thanks again,
Curly

To be honest my package included an accomodation allowance and car allowance which obviously bumps up the overall renumeration package
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2007
duncheski

so am I right in saying that on top of doubling your salary, you received an accommodation and car allowance??? Is that the norm then, do you know?

Cheers,
Curly
CurlyOB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 18, 2007
CurlyOB wrote:duncheski

so am I right in saying that on top of doubling your salary, you received an accommodation and car allowance??? Is that the norm then, do you know?

Cheers,
Curly

Curly, when i say salary i am inc all benefits like accom and car allowance although not incl any bonus. Our company has a bonus scheme every 12 months and if u stay for 2 years with same company you get around £6k. I will be trebling my income incl for tax deduction.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 18, 2007
Duncheski
Thanks for the responses. As you can tell we are pretty clueless as to what is the norm in Dubai but thankfully are getting some idea of what the story is.

The good news is the Company are about to make an offer so that will clarify things alot.

Thanks again,
Curly
CurlyOB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum