Travel Management Positions

Topic locked
travel management positions Nov 29, 2007
Hi there, my wife and I are relocating to dubai in jan 2008 - I have a job already lined up as quantity surveyor but my wife is looking for a management/marketing position preferably in travel/tourism. She has been working for a large travel company (STA Travel) in UK for past 5 years working her way up from telesales to manager of city branches.

She would like to know where best websites are for sales/marketing/management jobs in travel in dubai. Also, as The Emirates are her preferred company to work for if anyone has experience of applying for roles there and how long she can expect to wait for response as she applied a month ago and has heard nothing.

I believe she is well qualified for her preferred roles and has the drive and spirit to suceed in demanding environment.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2007
Hi there,

I think she is correct in her assumption, that Emirates would be the best employer in this field in Dubai - Emirates Holidays specifically.

As for the online application process, this seems to be the only way that they process applications, my wife tried for a position a few years back (on a number of occasions) and received no feedback from the site what-so-ever, I think they have a re-application feature in the site so that you simply renew your application/ interest every few months. They also seem to place moratoriums on employment for some positions/ divisions from time to time - not quiet sure what the reason is for this though. Also bear in mind that as one of the most familiar "names" in Dubai they possibly receive the most amount of un-solicited applications in Dubai!

I would also suggest that she starts canvassing some of the larger hotel groups (Jumerieh International etc.) to see if they have similar "in-house" positions that she may consider.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 30, 2007
Cheers for the advice dbxsoul, the emirates process seems to be very slow and no point just waiting for that to happen. Very frustrating that u can't speak with someone from emirates although realise that every man and his dog will be applying.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2007
try the conventional approach in the interim, when you get to dubai, you'll see that its sometimes a matter of who you know .. not in every instance, but certainly in some.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted