Which one?

Etisalat
75%
Du
25%

Total votes : 8

ETISALAT OR DU Nov 23, 2007
hie all .. ..

i'll need your views about both the operators and also experiences with complains or appreciation,

Are u satisfied with the earlier Etisalat or do u think "du" is better ,
and WHY>??

hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2007
du are shite!!!
havent got a clue!!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2007
I assuming your talking about the mobile network

it depends how you use your phone

if your gonna use your mobile mostly for international calls then use du, du sometimes might have gliches in their system. The only fear is that if you cant find coverage where you are. They still have to work on the coverage and reliablity in connecting when calling.

Etisalat is very reliable which is great but more expensive for international calls

I personnally have both, du to call most of the time coz it cuts my cost by half, i know pay 50 percent less thanks to du, etisalat was expensive for me

hope this helps

Regards,
B
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2007
Bleakus you're the first person I have met that both has a Du number and uses it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Bleakus you're the first person I have met that both has a Du number and uses it.

why would anybody have a du number and not use it?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2007
The biggest problem with Du is that the TRA has set it so that Etisalat and Du do not actually compete on price for local calls. i.e. one cannot undercut the other.

So basically you have a new phone company that has no advantage:

(1) Their network is poorer with less coverage.
(2) Their billing systems are terrible.
(3) They charge the same, by the second, but I think Etisalat has that option now too, so no advantage.
(4) You get an 055 number which means you're constantly correcting people... "no it's OH FIVE FIVE!"

The upshot is unless they come out with an amazing service or do something amazing with the price, they will always be a smaller player.

As for their supposed high number of customers... well, a clear majority of those are those of us forced onto Du for Internet and Pay TV as we cannot get Etisalat.
^ian^

Nov 25, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Bleakus you're the first person I have met that both has a Du number and uses it.

I know a few people that got one during the hype of the early days and have since shelved it.
^ian^

Nov 25, 2007
One of the reasons i defend du is coz well, it was cheaper to call anywhere, i call my friends in moscow sometimes and it doesnt cost as bad as etisalat.

Etisalat were talking in using the "by second" billing system but im not sure that they are doing it

The billing sheet i must say is awesome, it groups your calls and stuff which is great, etisalat have the worst bill ive ever seen, takes a while to understand. I guess they dont want their customers to know how they used their phone and how much it costs

I must agree that "du" coverage is donkey but they will eventually get there :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2007
As for their supposed high number of customers... well, a clear majority of those are those of us forced onto Du for Internet and Pay TV as we cannot get Etisalat.[/quote]

This is true.
I live in JBR and we HAVE to use du.

very annoying
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

I know a few people that got one during the hype of the early days and have since shelved it.

yeah most people here have that problem, like having a good number is a necessity in life
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2007
Bleakus wrote:yeah most people here have that problem, like having a good number is a necessity in life

It is!
^ian^

Nov 25, 2007
gezza wrote:As for their supposed high number of customers... well, a clear majority of those are those of us forced onto Du for Internet and Pay TV as we cannot get Etisalat.

This is true.

very annoying[/quote]

thats true, it is annoying when you as a customer dont have a choice for telecom. Never know whats gonna happen in the future, maybe evenually you can choose
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2007
About etisalat billing by the second....last I read, they don't do it. Last year they claimed they'll eventually do it to counter du. Then a few months ago, the etisalad boss said IF they feel there is demand for it and IF their customers want such a thing, they'll do it eventually. Yeah, I'm sure they have to do five years of market research to figure out people want to pay by the second.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2007
5 years,
you have clearly under estimated. If it took them more than 20 years to upgrade their logo. I dont know how much longer would be for second billing.
But seriously speaking I think it is going to get delayed. It is hard to kiss miniute based money good bye.
If etisalat had to react to its conusmers' demands then atleast it would have put some effort into fixing so many problems since Du launched.
Its going to be a year in Feb since the launch of Du services.
What changes have we seen with Etisalat?
cleaner logo, better advertisement, hidden schemes to get money.

Problem with Etisalat is communication amongst its branches, head office, departments etc which are quite horrific and absolutely no professionalism at all.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

hey Nov 25, 2007
hie bsorcccc,, its me hak3m ur collegue ,
nice one,

:P

well i think du is not prepared yet
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 26, 2007
Hey dude,

How are you?, hows work?

hows your girlfriend (A) :P
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 30, 2007
gezza wrote:As for their supposed high number of customers... well, a clear majority of those are those of us forced onto Du for Internet and Pay TV as we cannot get Etisalat.

This is true.

very annoying[/quote]

Dont you have the option to use DIC in JBR or are they now the same company ???
arniegang

Nov 30, 2007
arniegang wrote:

This is true.

very annoying

Dont you have the option to use DIC in JBR or are they now the same company ???[/quote]

Sahm (Emaar) = DIC = Du
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 30, 2007
thought so and still the same crappy TV service

"this channel does not provide any infomation" but they do in every daily newspaper but obviously not to them

:roll: :roll:
arniegang

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk