There Is No Ebay In UAE?

Topic locked
there is no ebay in UAE? Nov 10, 2007
i tried ebay.ae there is but everything is from outside uae
in this country there is no such sites?

shopping20
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 10, 2007
Well Ebay has not yet penetrated the middle eastern market yet, not completely that is. I still use Ebay.com.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 10, 2007
I got some Xbox games ok from the UK with eBay, so it does work, just not much locally.

You could try the local equiv. http://www.souq.com
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 11, 2007
I use ebay.com to buy stuff. But ebay.ae is a fake.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 11, 2007
gtmash wrote:I use ebay.com to buy stuff. But ebay.ae is a fake.

I remember reading about this a year ago, back then the site looked like a rather poor ripoff of eBay, but the guy got the domain fair and square. Now it seems though he's trying to mislead people.
^ian^

Nov 11, 2007
Do you guys ever have problems with stuff coming through customs from abroad? I use ebay mainly for electronics and some car parts.
hcaleman
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 11, 2007
hcaleman wrote:Do you guys ever have problems with stuff coming through customs from abroad? I use ebay mainly for electronics and some car parts.

Funny you should mention that.

I got a phonecall from Gulf Cargo last week, saying that they had some stuff for me there that got stopped.

1.5 Litres of Mineral Turpentine from Australia.

Funny thing is, I never ordered it. I asked them to recheck and they said they would call me back in 10 minutes... that was 5 days ago.

As for other stuff, never had any problems.
^ian^

Nov 11, 2007
Ozzies drink that there ?? :? :? !!!! :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 11, 2007
hcaleman wrote:Do you guys ever have problems with stuff coming through customs from abroad? I use ebay mainly for electronics and some car parts.

You will probably have to pay 5% import tax on big car parts and electronics if they come via a shipping company or courier. Small items don't seem to be worth as much and might slip through.
I try to use couriers for ebay and have never had any problems.
Emirates post give me the shits every now and then by charging customs tax on gizmaz brezent, but are generally OK for ebay items.
Amazon parcels and subscription mags never get stopped.
I've havn't tried smuggling mineral turps into dubai. I find that the local metholated spirits is of good qualitiy, and it isn't dyed purple like in Oz.

souq dot com is OK but don't expect anyone on there to honour the auction system. Its mainly full of dickheads asking "whats the last price" etc. You know the type.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat