Whats Up With These Stories In The Paper

Topic locked
Whats up with these stories in the paper Aug 10, 2007
how come gulfnews is posting stories of emiratis aborad.

GulfNews:

Rania, who comes from Al Ain and is the eldest of five children, misses her parents and other family members, describing herself as "severely homesick."

. Severely homesick!, what about slave labour here who comes out of bad conditions to work in worse for their loved ones.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2007
But she's severely homesick man!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 10, 2007
lets not forget da laboureres
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2007
Haha, its in today's GN paper again, on the cover and inside. She wants to come home but her family says to bring home a degree. Will she stay, or not? I am so excited that I can't wait for tomorrow's paper!

:roll:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 12, 2007
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 12, 2007
The professors email was far to harsh and was no way to conduct communications with a student.

But one thing I have noted she is numerous statements about missing her 'parents' and wanting to come home but her 'parents' will not let her. So did she lie about her father dieing?

If so this casts a different light considering her bad grades and not attending half the classes.

So like I say the professors conduct was wrong - but lieing about your Dad dieing. I don't know about you guys, but that is as low as you can get.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Re: Whats up with these stories in the paper Aug 12, 2007
bsorc wrote:. Severely homesick!, what about slave labour here who comes out of bad conditions to work in worse for their loved ones.

so regardless how much she misses her parents, she is not allowed to write about it?

slave? thats kinda harsh dont you think?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bleakus wrote:
bsorc wrote:. Severely homesick!, what about slave labour here who comes out of bad conditions to work in worse for their loved ones.

so regardless how much she misses her parents, she is not allowed to write about it?

slave? thats kinda harsh dont you think?

apparently not, because she is a local...now perhaps if it was an indian or someone of a different nationality this thread would not have been started :roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
^^you lost me there bro
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
i was saying that had the author of that article (the girl missing her parents) been of indian, pakistani, or any other nationality rather than UAE this whole thread might not have been started.

some people seem to like to pick on locals for everything and anything...yet we are supposedly the close-minded, racist, unfair ones... *end of rant*
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
Thats why i vote for you bushra for president :D

When people meet you they forget all that nonsense
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

bsorc wrote:how come gulfnews is posting stories of emiratis aborad.

GulfNews:

Rania, who comes from Al Ain and is the eldest of five children, misses her parents and other family members, describing herself as "severely homesick."

. Severely homesick!, what about slave labour here who comes out of bad conditions to work in worse for their loved ones.

slave !! com'aan man I don't wana start another fight up in here. slaves are the one forced to work, forced man... everyone here or any other place knew the jobs there are going too and it's conditions, it's not like the were surprised ones they came here.
in any kind of conditions they are living with here is better than the conditions back home. most of them lives in areas with no water and elect for god sack no health care , this is a fact people.

I'm not saying this in defend of anyone nor my gov, expats who work in gov jobs are treated and paid well but it's there won kind (other expats) who run privet companies here are the ones treating them this way and giving them false promises to recruit them in construction companies....ect, and so many of there won kind even force them to pay for all expenses to come work here.

The way I see it ,our gov is doing what it can (lately) to stop such acts ( when labors complains) by shutting down such companies , inspections and working hours in summer time.
In so many cases the labor office can't do nothing because of the fact those labors has signed contracts and they simply has to go along with these contracts bcz it's signed by both parties .

Back to the point of this post, what is wrong with a local news paper writing about a local girl ? I really can't see what's your concern here dud I don't see you complaining about seven days news paper whom there concern is only causing hate in this country.

You complaining about this matter shows your narrow minded , hate and discrimination toward an expat who is in trouble some where regardless of her nationality , and as in expat your self you should actually care about it .. it is some thing you are asking for your self dud (care and concern) stupid.

Man I'm talkative
firefingers

Oct 25, 2007
firefingers wrote:
bsorc wrote:how come gulfnews is posting stories of emiratis aborad.

GulfNews:

slave !! com'aan man I don't wana start another fight up in here. slaves are the one forced to work, forced man... everyone here or any other place knew the jobs there are going too and it's conditions, it's not like the were surprised ones they came here.
in any kind of conditions they are living with here is better than the conditions back home. most of them lives in areas with no water and elect for god sack no health care , this is a fact people.

I'm not saying this in defend of anyone nor my gov, expats who work in gov jobs are treated and paid well but it's there won kind (other expats) who run privet companies here are the ones treating them this way and giving them false promises to recruit them in construction companies....ect, and so many of there won kind even force them to pay for all expenses to come work here.

The way I see it ,our gov is doing what it can (lately) to stop such acts ( when labors complains) by shutting down such companies , inspections and working hours in summer time.
In so many cases the labor office can't do nothing because of the fact those labors has signed contracts and they simply has to go along with these contracts bcz it's signed by both parties .

Back to the point of this post, what is wrong with a local news paper writing about a local girl ? I really can't see what's your concern here dud I don't see you complaining about seven days news paper whom there concern is only causing hate in this country.

You complaining about this matter shows your narrow minded , hate and discrimination toward an expat who is in trouble some where regardless of her nationality , and as in expat your self you should actually care about it .. it is some thing you are asking for your self dud (care and concern) stupid.

Man I'm talkative

Sorry I dont come here alot and saw this message later.

firefingers, slavery is not all whipping, it still exists today in the form in which a labourer cannot enjoy the fruits of his work instead is buried in debt by his agents (master). If you think the govt doesnt know about it and trying to fix these issues then you are wrong or not your fault you maybe new here.

About the girls, dont you find it ridiculous girl is studying in a developed nation is homesick on the front page of an online newspaper I think there are more important stories out there than a desperate attempt to get sympathy.

Its not a hate but there is true suffereing in the world, in UAE than homesickness.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2007
a local girl abroad ... not being able to pull her abaya togather at the waist so she can pop out that little asss she got ... not being able to wrap that scarf around her head an another head she created with her hair behind her head .. to show that double head effect .. ( the local mami's know what i be sayin ) not bein able to use her bluetooth in the shoppin malls abroad .. not being chased by 20 nigggas whenever she walks ... not hearin car horns around her when she walkin the streets ... not being able to pick up scraps of paper with numbers jotted on em from the side walk .....

now that be straight up pain an sufferin .... im glad she aint sucidal an she just homesick ... i feel her plight ... get the degree an get back baby ... i promise if you do that J gonna fix a more massive car horn on his ride ... J gonna use better quality paper to write his number on .. some sort of floatin paper so you dont gots to bend over to pick it up .. J is gonna increase his bluetooth range to more then just 10 meters ....

be strong mami.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat