Philippines VS Mexico Once Again!

Topic locked
Oct 07, 2007
Sorry burton, didn't intend to ruin it for you. :roll: Thought you were able to subscribe pay-per-view.

DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2007
DaWarrior wrote:Sorry burton, didn't intend to ruin it for you. :roll: Thought you were able to subscribe pay-per-view.

Nah, jus kidding. :wink:

Anyway, am not really sure if I missed much - the reports I am getting say the fight was poor, definitely one to forget...Barrera happy just to survive and Pacquiao showing none of his spark.

In fact, a lot of peeps are saying Pacman looked decidedly off-form....could this be too many distractions? Late training?

This is just what I'm hearing, will see the fight for myself but at this rate, I think JMM will be screaming for a rematch...

:shock:
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Oct 08, 2007
Played Fight Night Round 3 last night, I picked Joe Frazier as my fighter and that skinny chump Paquio or whatever his name is as the opponent (and by "opponent" I mean punching bag) just for the fun of it. It was a slaughter.

Each of Frazier's overwhelming blows resulted in jaw-dropping damage to Pacaio's puny frame, the sound of breaking ribs only adding to Big Joe's determination to obliterate his weaker opponent. Nevertheless, Paqaio persevered with the stubbornness of an epileptic child fighting a grizzly, only to be KO'd in the first round after a devestating haymaker from Frazier landed straight to the pinoy's glass jaw loosening a few of his teeth in the process.

All in all it was an awesome fight, my only regret is that it only lasted 52 seconds.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 08, 2007
:lol:

In your dreams...
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 08, 2007
SCY wrote::lol:

In your dreams...

No, on my PS2
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 08, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:Played Fight Night Round 3 last night, I picked Joe Frazier as my fighter and that skinny chump Paquio or whatever his name is as the opponent (and by "opponent" I mean punching bag) just for the fun of it. It was a slaughter.

Each of Frazier's overwhelming blows resulted in jaw-dropping damage to Pacaio's puny frame, the sound of breaking ribs only adding to Big Joe's determination to obliterate his weaker opponent. Nevertheless, Paqaio persevered with the stubbornness of an epileptic child fighting a grizzly, only to be KO'd in the first round after a devestating haymaker from Frazier landed straight to the pinoy's glass jaw loosening a few of his teeth in the process.

All in all it was an awesome fight, my only regret is that it only lasted 52 seconds.

Heh, that's the beauty of Fight Night,
mis-matches plus creating your own characters...

Of course, the incredible part is that the real Pacquiao in real life - all 130lbs of him - would inflict the same kind of damage on you, me or anyone else on this forum, as his PS2 generated likeness was made to suffer at your hands...

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 08, 2007
Most Filipinos could not afford PS2, but look what we've got in our PS5. :lol:

Pacman the contender:

One of the best trilogies in boxing history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4KeEIfQpA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbHPBNWe ... ed&search=

The controversial Draw:

Enjoy!
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 09, 2007
How could they not afford a PS2? You can pick up a used one for 200 Dhs.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 09, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:How could they not afford a PS2? You can pick up a used one for 200 Dhs.

used PS2s in philippines cost around 500Dhs, and the average monthly family income is 800Dhs
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 11, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:Played Fight Night Round 3 last night, I picked Joe Frazier as my fighter and that skinny chump Paquio or whatever his name is as the opponent (and by "opponent" I mean punching bag) just for the fun of it. It was a slaughter.

for the not-so-knowledgeable about boxing.....

Weight matters alot in boxing- that's why you have different weight classes. Pitting a superfeatherweight against a superheavyweight is a complete mismatch whether you have it in real life or in PS2's fight night. Frazier would definitely annihiliate Pacquiao the same way Pacquiao would dismantle a Minimumweight boxer. :lol: :roll:
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 11, 2007
RedLion wrote:for the not-so-knowledgeable about boxing.....

Weight matters alot in boxing- that's why you have different weight classes. Pitting a superfeatherweight against a superheavyweight is a complete mismatch whether you have it in real life or in PS2's fight night. Frazier would definitely annihiliate Pacquiao the same way Pacquiao would dismantle a Minimumweight boxer. :lol: :roll:

Damn, and all this time I thought they had weight classes just for the heck of it, who could have ever guessed it was because weight matters?

The whole purpose of the fight was to smash Paqaio's face in. The featherweight class (aka boxing for sissies) is not boxing.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 11, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:The featherweight class (aka boxing for sissies) is not boxing.

Lol! Med, you're quite funny mate. Either you are:

1) Blatantly taking the piss, or
2) Admitting that you know nothing about boxing.

If it's the first one, by all means keep it up. I can take a laugh!

:lol: :wink:
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 11, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
Damn, and all this time I thought they had weight classes just for the heck of it, who could have ever guessed it was because weight matters?

yup, it's just like lewis ternman's proposed scale for classifying IQ scores

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

see you around, minimumweight! :lol:
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 14, 2007
Med,

:shock:

But, as what Burton said, "i can take a laugh." I can too. Umm..try another strat to piss and diss...g'dluck.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2007
RedLion wrote:yup, it's just like lewis ternman's proposed scale for classifying IQ scores

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

see you around, minimumweight! :lol:

I see that when it comes to grasping sarcasm, you're as expert as a palsy victim performing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

I used to think "you have a low IQ" jokes were funny, but then I turned 12.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2007
And SCY, you can take a laugh just about as well as Pacaio can take a right hook from Frazier to his glass jaw. If someone whining about a quip on a TV show doesn't deserve the label sissy, then I don't know who does.

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings, I'll be sending you a box of Tampax to help you deal with your constant PMS.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
RedLion wrote:quote]

I see that when it comes to grasping sarcasm, you're as expert as a palsy victim performing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

I used to think "you have a low IQ" jokes were funny, but then I turned 12.

aawww..you can dish but you can't take? :roll: 8)

seriously, man, if you know nothing about a particular topic, why don't you just not comment about it? just because you're hiding under a cloak of anonimity here on the net, doesn't mean your lack of knowledge can be hidden too. :wink:

... and about pacquiao's jaw:

have you even seen pacquiao's real (not playstation :lol: ) fights? if there's anything wrong with him, it's not his jaw. it's his footwork. that's what makes him look awkward (although he's shown good improvement since his first fight with morales) everytime he gets hit in the head . his three losses were against:

1. torrecampo- courtesy of a wicked body punch (pacquiao was a VERY YOUNG fighter)
2. erik morales - on points
3. medgoen singsurat- body punches (pacquiao lost the wbc fly title at the scales- since he didn't make the weight limit, he was stripped of the title which also means pacquiao got dehydrated trying to make the WEIGHT)

the only fights i remember where pacquiao was knocked down with a punch to the jaw were:

1. nedal hussein- pacquiao got up and beat him by 10th round TKO
2. Serikzhan Yeshmagambetov- pacquiao got up and beat him by 5th round TKO (this was pacquiao's first fight as a featherweight).

glass jaw? i don't think so, buddy. :lol:
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 21, 2007
RedLion wrote:aawww..you can dish but you can't take? :roll: 8)

seriously, man, if you know nothing about a particular topic, why don't you just not comment about it? just because you're hiding under a cloak of anonimity here on the net, doesn't mean your lack of knowledge can be hidden too. :wink:

have you even seen pacquiao's real (not playstation :lol: ) fights? if there's anything wrong with him, it's not his jaw. it's his footwork. that's what makes him look awkward (although he's shown good improvement since his first fight with morales) everytime he gets hit in the head . his three losses were against:

1. torrecampo- courtesy of a wicked body punch (pacquiao was a VERY YOUNG fighter)
3. medgoen singsurat- body punches (pacquiao lost the wbc fly title at the scales- since he didn't make the weight limit, he was stripped of the title which also means pacquiao got dehydrated trying to make the WEIGHT)

the only fights i remember where pacquiao was knocked down with a punch to the jaw were:

2. Serikzhan Yeshmagambetov- pacquiao got up and beat him by 5th round TKO (this was pacquiao's first fight as a featherweight).

Wow, so he has the ability not to get knocked down in fights against guys who barely weigh more than my girlfriend? SNORE. I've lifted dumbbells heavier than this guy.
While we're at it, lets also claim that 4 year old kindergarten bullies don't have glass jaws because they win fights against their equally feeble classmates.

You do make a good point however, when you talk about... oh wait, my bad, I started reading my response to you; you have no good points.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
RedLion wrote:aawww..you can dish but you can't take? :roll: 8)

Wow, so he has the ability not to get knocked down in fights against guys who barely weigh more than my girlfriend? SNORE. I've lifted dumbbells heavier than this guy.
While we're at it, lets also claim that 4 year old kindergarten bullies don't have glass jaws because they win fights against their equally feeble classmates.

You do make a good point however, when you talk about... oh wait, my bad, I started reading my response to you; you have no good points.

i get more satisfaction in taking a crap than discussing boxing (or anything) with you. you basic knowledge about the sport and your logic is waaaayy below par.
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 21, 2007
RedLion wrote: :lol:

i get more satisfaction in taking a crap than discussing boxing (or anything) with you. you basic knowledge about the sport and your logic is waaaayy below par.

I must have missed the part when this turned into a "discussion". Wow, if only I had galvanized the sarcasm so clearly in my previous posts, you wouldn't have made this shallow assertion. Oh wait... I guess I did make this case, and you ignored it. My mistake.

Stupidity this severe can't be fixed. It's like trying to stop the flow of a volcano. The best you can do is hide and hope that the stupid doesn't contaminate you.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:Oh wait... I guess I did make this case, and you ignored it. My mistake.

oh, you mean that feeble attempt to save face? :roll: yeah.. very brilliant.
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 21, 2007
RedLion wrote:oh, you mean that feeble attempt to save face? :roll: yeah.. very brilliant.

No moron:
Medvezhonok wrote:I see that when it comes to grasping sarcasm, you're as expert as a palsy victim performing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Holy sh*t, how can people be so stupid? Is there no end to the barrel of stupid they drink from?
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
guys, when i say i'm stupid, don't believe me...okay?

okay... 8)
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 22, 2007
RedLion wrote:
Medvezhonok wrote:
guys, when i say i'm stupid, don't believe me...okay?

okay... 8)

You wouldn't happen to be this guy's cousin would you?

xero_ wrote:
Medvezhonok wrote:xero is a god

xero_ > medvezhonok

Looks like Pinoys run out of originality rather quickly.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 23, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:And SCY, you can take a laugh just about as well as Pacaio can take a right hook from Frazier to his glass jaw. If someone whining about a quip on a TV show doesn't deserve the label sissy, then I don't know who does.

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings, I'll be sending you a box of Tampax to help you deal with your constant PMS.

I am done with this. Filipinos like me who signed the petition get what we wanted - ABC apoligized. Enough said.

And oh, tampax isn't for Filipino ladies (99.9% of filipino ladies don't wear that thing, that's too invasive for us), try recommending other remedies for PMS. Perhaps you can recommend tampax to other posters who are whinier than i am (as you say). I have not posted "rants and whines" on a daily basis. Check the DF trend, if you know what i mean.

Hmm.. please pick someone else now.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat