10 Compliments That Always Work

Topic locked
10 Compliments that always work Oct 05, 2007
Your arms look really toned. Have you been working out?: Now as a man, I'll begin with what I know all men want to hear. Yes ladies, we are as paranoid about our appearance as you are. Complimenting our physique will definitely boost our confidence.

You look beautiful: A cliche, right. But work it on your wife and it is an automatic 'get out of mess free card' for anything wrong you may have done that day or a week prior to it.

You smell lovely: These three words have put bigger smiles on people's faces than a Cheshire cat's grin. Follow it with 'you have just got to tell me the name of that perfume' even if you know they aren't really wearing one and you'll score 100 points pronto.

This meal is amazing: Now the response to this is almost always: "No, I put too much salt." But it will still have the chef rushing to bring you that recipe. If you deliver this one right, it will probably guarantee you a lifelong invitation to all the meals you want.

You bring out the best in me: This one is for couples. Spring it on your significant other when he/she least expects it. The expression on his/her face will be priceless. It will also probably help you get that treat you've been waiting for.

You are gifted: I have noticed that everyone wants people to acknowledge his/her talent and feel that he/she is good at something in life, however small. This particular compliment is probably one of the best received … after the one complimenting the good looks, of course!

You're the man: Another winner for men. Now we know more often than not, this is not a sincere compliment - it's merely a ploy to get us to do some unenjoyable manual labour. However, we will be lying if we say it doesn't make us feel good and ultimately have us moving furniture, cleaning drains ...

I wish I had your kind of (beautiful) hair: If I had a penny for every time I have heard a girl say this to another and then they turn out to be lifelong buddies, I'd be a lot richer. Compliment someone's hair, no matter his/her age, and you'll have the person wrapped around your little finger. This one really works.

Your kid looks just like you: I don't know why this works, but it seems every parent you meet wants to take credit for their child's appearance. Beware though; it may not go down well with the other spouse!

Wow!: I have left this compliment for last as this little word can be used with about anything at anytime and anywhere. So simple but if used sincerely, it has the ability to take you to the top of the charts on people's lists of favourite pals.

Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: 10 Compliments that always work Oct 05, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:Your arms look really toned. Have you been working out?: Now as a man, I'll begin with what I know all men want to hear. Yes ladies, we are as paranoid about our appearance as you are. Complimenting our physique will definitely boost our confidence. I HOPE A GUY NEVER COMPLIMENTS ME LIKE THAT !!!!!
You look beautiful: A cliche, right. But work it on your wife and it is an automatic 'get out of mess free card' for anything wrong you may have done that day or a week prior to it. EXCEPT IF YOU CHEATED ON HER

You smell lovely: These three words have put bigger smiles on people's faces than a Cheshire cat's grin. Follow it with 'you have just got to tell me the name of that perfume' even if you know they aren't really wearing one and you'll score 100 points pronto. OR JUST TELL THEM YUOR FART CAN KILL A CAMEL, IT WILL PUT A BIGGER SMILE ON THEIR FACES
This meal is amazing: Now the response to this is almost always: "No, I put too much salt." But it will still have the chef rushing to bring you that recipe. If you deliver this one right, it will probably guarantee you a lifelong invitation to all the meals you want. THATS WHAT I DO TO GET FREE FOOD , SMART
You bring out the best in me: This one is for couples. Spring it on your significant other when he/she least expects it. The expression on his/her face will be priceless. It will also probably help you get that treat you've been waiting for. AS LONG AS YOUR DONT PUT YOUR BEST IN HER , YOU SHOULD BE FINE
You are gifted: I have noticed that everyone wants people to acknowledge his/her talent and feel that he/she is good at something in life, however small. This particular compliment is probably one of the best received … after the one complimenting the good looks, of course! THIS GIRL I KNOW THE STUFF SHE CAN DO WITH HER TONGUE :twisted:

I wish I had your kind of (beautiful) hair: If I had a penny for every time I have heard a girl say this to another and then they turn out to be lifelong buddies, I'd be a lot richer. Compliment someone's hair, no matter his/her age, and you'll have the person wrapped around your little finger. This one really works. ONLY WORKS IF THE GUY IS NOT BALD!!!
Your kid looks just like you: I don't know why this works, but it seems every parent you meet wants to take credit for their child's appearance. Beware though; it may not go down well with the other spouse! IT BETTER LOOK LIKE ME!!!
Wow!: I have left this compliment for last as this little word can be used with about anything at anytime and anywhere. So simple but if used sincerely, it has the ability to take you to the top of the charts on people's lists of favourite pals. IVE HEARD THIS ONE A LOT TOO :twisted:
[b]
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Re: 10 Compliments that always work Oct 16, 2007
what if you detest this person. what if he has back stabbed you at work etc. can you still compliment that person??

there are 2 kind of people in this world - those natural in paying compliment. some call them arse sucking / butt licking or whatever and then there are those who are straight, say the truth. The latter most people would dislike I would imagine.

Tropic23 wrote:Your arms look really toned. Have you been working out?: Now as a man, I'll begin with what I know all men want to hear. Yes ladies, we are as paranoid about our appearance as you are. Complimenting our physique will definitely boost our confidence.

You look beautiful: A cliche, right. But work it on your wife and it is an automatic 'get out of mess free card' for anything wrong you may have done that day or a week prior to it.

You smell lovely: These three words have put bigger smiles on people's faces than a Cheshire cat's grin. Follow it with 'you have just got to tell me the name of that perfume' even if you know they aren't really wearing one and you'll score 100 points pronto.

This meal is amazing: Now the response to this is almost always: "No, I put too much salt." But it will still have the chef rushing to bring you that recipe. If you deliver this one right, it will probably guarantee you a lifelong invitation to all the meals you want.

You bring out the best in me: This one is for couples. Spring it on your significant other when he/she least expects it. The expression on his/her face will be priceless. It will also probably help you get that treat you've been waiting for.

You are gifted: I have noticed that everyone wants people to acknowledge his/her talent and feel that he/she is good at something in life, however small. This particular compliment is probably one of the best received … after the one complimenting the good looks, of course!

You're the man: Another winner for men. Now we know more often than not, this is not a sincere compliment - it's merely a ploy to get us to do some unenjoyable manual labour. However, we will be lying if we say it doesn't make us feel good and ultimately have us moving furniture, cleaning drains ...

I wish I had your kind of (beautiful) hair: If I had a penny for every time I have heard a girl say this to another and then they turn out to be lifelong buddies, I'd be a lot richer. Compliment someone's hair, no matter his/her age, and you'll have the person wrapped around your little finger. This one really works.

Your kid looks just like you: I don't know why this works, but it seems every parent you meet wants to take credit for their child's appearance. Beware though; it may not go down well with the other spouse!

Wow!: I have left this compliment for last as this little word can be used with about anything at anytime and anywhere. So simple but if used sincerely, it has the ability to take you to the top of the charts on people's lists of favourite pals.
:lol: :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: 10 Compliments that always work Oct 16, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:Your arms look really toned. Have you been working out?: Now as a man, I'll begin ....

Finally an admission
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat