Banks In Dubai And FDs

Topic locked
Banks in Dubai and FDs Sep 29, 2007
Apoligies if this isnt the right section to post.

1. Generally speaking, which is the most hassle-free bank in Dubai?
2. In terms of CD/FDs, which banks in Dubai offer the best rate?

Many thanks.

Phoenix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Banks in Dubai and FDs Sep 29, 2007
Phoenix wrote:Apoligies if this isnt the right section to post.

1. Generally speaking, which is the most hassle-free bank in Dubai?
2. In terms of CD/FDs, which banks in Dubai offer the best rate?

Many thanks.

Hard One. Different experiences for different people. No matter the bank the more money you have and transactions you make with the bank the less hassle and best rates you'll get.

Otherwise "same all bank"'....

Intenet banking is the way to go. That way you only get hassled by Itisalot (aka Etisalat).

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Banks in Dubai and FDs Sep 29, 2007
Concord wrote:Intenet banking is the way to go. That way you only get hassled by Itisalot (aka Etisalat).

I beg to differ. To paraphrase a certain Mr Orwell, ... some internet banks are more equal than others...

Here's a list of banks in Dubai but it doesn't give a recommendation (and explains why).

I went internet for my main account a few years ago. I'm constantly irritated by it, compared to internet bank accounts based in other countries that I use. Nothing to do with Etisalat, the bank website interface is clumsy. A secondary one that I rarely use in the UAE, seems much more friendly.

I have heard criticism of internet bank security, or lack of it, in the UAE - from internet security industry people. It doesn't stop me using it - if I had enough worth stealing, it might :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 05, 2007
Thanks Concord and bonk! Btw, does anyone know the procedure to partake in an IPO offering? Or is it just limited to UAE Nationals?
Phoenix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 05, 2007
I had no issues with MeBank. I play with it mostly thru their internet banking interface, and keep making and breaking FD accounts as I please. Rates are between 4.1% to 4.5%. I even pay my bills and Salik taxes thru it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat