The Chiepest Way How To Commute To Work??

Topic locked
the chiepest way how to commute to work?? Sep 25, 2007
Dear folks,
I have to find the company which provides transportation services for every day. I dont have a car and taxi is too expensive. thanks

Y
Dubai Forum User

Sep 25, 2007
It would help if we knew where are you going to and from?
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Re: the chiepest way how to commute to work?? Sep 25, 2007
Y wrote:Dear folks,
I have to find the company which provides transportation services for every day. I dont have a car and taxi is too expensive. thanks

Good luck then :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

commuting to work Sep 25, 2007
i live in dubai marina area and i work in burj dubai area. actually, i need only one way transportation. from work to home.
Y
Dubai Forum User

Sep 25, 2007
Are there not public buses going from Al Marooj area? That's the nearset to Burj Dubai. My maid takes the bus from there
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Re: the chiepest way how to commute to work?? Sep 25, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

Good luck then :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The person is looking for help you moron not an snotty attitude.

Just becuase you are a "priviledged", by circumstance, not ability you don't have to rub it in!!!

By the way to the poster, public transport is very hard in Dubai. I think there is a bus that goes along Al Soffou road all the way to port rashid. You may want to look into the RTA website and their bus schedules. Your best bet will be to post something at the lobby of your building or the spinney's in the Marina and there you might fing a car pool. Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2007
I am amazed that someone living in Marina doesnt have his own car... heh heh. Anyway..
There are shuttle services available that will take you to and from work and you pay them monthly. Usually though the route is from the downtown area going to J.A, DIC/DMC and New Dubai area in the morning and then back in the afternoon- as most peeps who doesnt have their own wheels live in the downtown area and work in the uptown area.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: the chiepest way how to commute to work?? Sep 26, 2007

On my way to a meeting this mornign I drove behind bus no. X25 along beach road and then Al Mina Road (bur dubai). The digital display on the back of the bus said: "X25 Dubai Marina" and then it changed to "X25 Quasis PTA Office" (perphas that is the destination at the other end).

Check www.rta.ae for more info on bus routes, etc.

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2007
Mark,

I am an M&E QS just recently moved to Dubai. I have sent you a PM anwering some of your queries. I forgot to mention on the message that International City is quite far away from where you will probably be based. It is certainly at least a 30 -40 minute drive from The Marina in rush hour.

Let me know if you have any other queries,

Nick
nick_25
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum