HELP!!.... Looking For Friends For My Daughter!

Topic locked
HELP!!.... Looking for friends for my daughter! Sep 19, 2007
Hey all you families....

My partner and I have recently come to Dubai, with our three year old daughter!

I have not booked her into school yet, as I don't know how long we will be staying.

The first week she was quite happy with my company, despite the fact we had just done eight weeks in the UK together.

Now she needs some little friends. :D

We are living in JBR, so there is little option to make friends here, infact hardly ever see anyone!

Anyone with a similar aged child or family, PLEASE PM me. I am feeling alittle guilty for bringing her here and leaving all her friends behind.
HELP!! :oops:

xx

English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 19, 2007
EG, I would suggest best way to start get her into Nursery School
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 19, 2007
That's what the school for... social life, interaction with friends, etc... more than just education. I insist my wife to bring my 3yo daughter to have some activities in the mall (kids playground) after school.. just for her social life. Now she's more confident to meet people.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2007
Go to the Lakes Centre or Hayya at Springs Town Centre, there are loads of classes for kids for the likes of swimming, dancing etc. Generally, most things cost 500Dhs for 10 sessions so not the cheapest, but my little 3 year old loves it. Mums and dads hang around too to watch so you can make friends.

Nursery obviously the best way to have permanent interaction, even just put him/ her in a few mornings a week won't cost too much (there is a nursery upstairs in Marina Walk above Starbucks).

Failing that, hang about around the pool in your apartment block around 4-5pm and you'll see loads of parents and kids kicking about.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 20, 2007
hi, i also live in JBR and have a 3 and half year old girl and also a boy who is 5. they both go to school but you are welcome to pm me and we can catch up 1 afternoon. I have made some friends here in the building there are loads of kids around. let me know if you want to catch up and i will introduce you.
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

scottish girly Sep 23, 2007
hi english girly,

im in the same boat except my wee boy is 16 months old. I take him to peek a boo in mall of emirates, its like a nursery, they do activities, and he seems to like it even though hes v v clingy.

you can email me, i live in jbr too, in rimal 3. we could let them run about and play someday and have a chat?

hope that is helpful,

sana
sanadoc
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 23, 2007
Please please people, do not post where you live in terms of specific towers within developments.

This guidance is merely for your protection. Obviously pm each other by all means, but do not post specifics on open forum.

Thanks

Mod
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum