Slingbox

Topic locked
slingbox Sep 05, 2007
Hi

Just a quick question, we are off to live in dubai in a few weeks. I was hoping to set up a slingbox from the uk before we go.
Ive been told if i do this we have to watch the same channel as the person in the uk and if we change the channel it will change the sky channel in the uk??

Does anyone know about this????

Many thanks in advance emma :lol: :o :) :shock:

emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 05, 2007
yep that's true. i have it setup on a tv that no one uses, so i can do with it as needed, but if you change the channel, it'll change on the tv it's connected too.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 05, 2007
This is correct, you basically need a dedicated skybox or cablebox in the UK to have the sole use in the UAE.

Cable TV is horrendous both in quality, choice and cost in Dubai so the cost to install a dedicated sky ststem in the UK is well worth while
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 05, 2007
many thanks for that glad i found that out before i went
emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 06, 2007
hi

Just another quick question im planning on setting up my slingbox at my inlaws, they already have sky. But as i found out yesterday if i change the channel in dubai it will change in the uk.

Will it work if my motherinlaw has multiroom sky and ilink the slingbox to the multiroom one in the spare bedroom so it wont be used? if you have multiroom do u watc the same channel ???

thanks in advance em xx
emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 06, 2007
as i said earlier, it is easier and better to just to install a new and separate sky package for £16 a month plus either film and/or sports package.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 06, 2007
hi thanks why it is easier? as she already has sky so it would be easier just to take my box round and have multiroom for an extra £10 a month

i just wanted to know if anyone has done this with multiroom ??

thanks
emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 07, 2007
Just use uknova.com and save yourself some money and hassle.

I used to set up all the programs I wanted and then watched them on TV using an s-video lead.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum