Dubai Driving License

Topic locked
Dubai Driving License Apr 04, 2007
Hi there,

1. I come from India & have got driving licenses from Saudi Arabia and Qatar where I have driven for more that 3 years. Is it possible to directly convert into a Dubai License as news is rife that they have stopped doing that?

2. What is the waiting time for getting a driving retest. Is it 1month or 1 week as per the latest rules.

faisalimran
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai Driving License Apr 06, 2007
faisalimran wrote:Hi there,

1. I come from India & have got driving licenses from Saudi Arabia and Qatar where I have driven for more that 3 years. Is it possible to directly convert into a Dubai License as news is rife that they have stopped doing that?

2. What is the waiting time for getting a driving retest. Is it 1month or 1 week as per the latest rules.

Check out the following;

http://www.bdc.ae/index.html

http://www.edi-uae.com/edinew/edi/site/ ... upport.asp
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2007
From yersterday's news.....now EVERYONE has to take the test to get a UAE license.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 08, 2007
Dude, the rule here is if you don't ask you don't get. If you have your residence visa already don't wait go to Dubai traffic police HQ in SZR. Ask for conversion. If you're lucky GCC license is still accepted and chances are the new rule is only being gazetted. What have you got to lose?..Worse of is they'll ask you to go read the newspaper and go get a few lessons. :wink:
faispro
Dubai Forum User

May 17, 2007
Guys...the bad news is they have gazetted this new law. I just moved to Dubai from Qatar in Jan 2007 my residence visa was stamped in mid Jan 2007 and ever since i have knocked every traffic door to get this conversion goin but no luck...
mans
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum