Who Do You Work For? Would You Reccomend It?

Topic locked
Aug 20, 2007
Concord wrote:
harkev wrote:My resume is sometimes not always believable when you consider age a factor. But I can assure you it is quite accurate.
I was lucky enough to have a wealthy brother in law hook me up with my job at AMA in New York teaching classes. I looked older & was very well spoken & had many extra training classes during high school to further my resume & knowlegde of the business market.

Hark Inc is my company & I do make a decent living, however, it's not always about money. Exploring the globe & creating memories is more priceless than chasing the mighty dollar day in and day out.

I don't expect a manager position as I don't have a very lengthy education as of yet. BUT I feel my successful career in Real Estate should push me in to a job in real estate quite easily.

& YES!!! The US housing market is headed for the tanker(or is almost there)... The economy has turned sluggish, our president is an idiot, & where I live(Utah) the housing market has been on fire until this summer. It's time to take my "winnings" & go do something you can only do when you're young. Travel.

I appreciate all the tips & support. I can use it.

What kind of deal can you get me on a house with prop. 10+ acres (wooded - no mines) in Utah?

Tough to answer the question as it depends on what part of Utah. You would need to be more specific in what you are looking for. How big of a house? Old, new? Style? Ranch, Farm, or do you want a landscaped estate?

If you are seriously interested I would be happy to set up a consultation by phone or if you are SERIOUSLY interested I'd be happy to schedule a face to face consultation.

But in general if you are going to be near SLC(Salt Lake City) or even in SLC with 10 acres, estate style living, large house with "style"... You could be looking low end @ USD $1.5m - High end $$30m

If you go to www.utahrealestate.com & enter 520561 in the MLS number section you will find the Least expensive 10 acre plus estate for sale in Utah to give you an idea of where your money would start in terms of quality.

harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
fayz wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
fayz wrote:I met one girl a while back in Real Estate here, she was working like a dog but selling buildings and her monthly pay was well over AED100,000 there is money to be made, just make sure you are on the right commission structure.

You can make some seriously stupid money, although it's not for everyone. You also need to look at it as a short term thing... because nothing lasts forever.

totally agree, I would make a horrible salesman, more power to those that can, it isn't for me.

Also let's be honest, the op is only planning to move here because he's allowed to have multiple wives legally :P :lol: :P

....( for those that don't know Utah is the Mormon capital of US)

Utah is the MORMON capital of the world, however, they do not take on more than one wife & haven't since the late 1800's. There is a seperate religion called "Pilygamists" who are still actively taking on up to 40 wives in Utah.

I only know this as I was born to a Mormon family... Yuck. It's an awful cult. If you ever get your door knocked by mormon missionairies, tell them you will only listen to what they have to say if they chug a beer with you. *Mormons can't drink... Depressing
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
^ Thanks man.

Only been to SLC so I have no idea about what's out there. No McMansion or anything like that. Old house would be better and I would not live there but just visit 3 months a year at most. But just scoping for the moment. I'm waiting for my studio aparment in Dubai to get to 12,000,000.00 Dirhams so I can sell and buy a mountain in utah (or the whole state of misssisipi).

I'll check out the website.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2007
I always offer them a beer... it's the hospitable aussie thing to do.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 20, 2007
Concord wrote:^ Thanks man.

Only been to SLC so I have no idea about what's out there. No McMansion or anything like that. Old house would be better and I would not live there but just visit 3 months a year at most. But just scoping for the moment. I'm waiting for my studio aparment in Dubai to get to 12,000,000.00 Dirhams so I can sell and buy a mountain in utah (or the whole state of misssisipi).

I'll check out the website.

SLC is an excellent place to live & whats nice is you can buy 40 miles outside of the downtown area & be there very quickly with our new freeways & train system.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
^ian^ wrote:I always offer them a beer... it's the hospitable aussie thing to do.

My brother in law (who is mormon) went to aussie land for his "mission". He loved it there, but said it was a bit brutal... HEHE

He mentioned all the beer!!!!

"Hark"
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
harkev wrote:
^ian^ wrote:I always offer them a beer... it's the hospitable aussie thing to do.

My brother in law (who is mormon) went to aussie land for his "mission". He loved it there, but said it was a bit brutal... HEHE

"Hark"

Dear God, and little Baby Jesus, we thank your for this glorious amber nectar of which we are about to consume.
^ian^

Aug 20, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
harkev wrote:

"Hark"

Dear God, and little Baby Jesus, we thank your for this glorious amber nectar of which we are about to consume.

We also thank you for the wonderful drunk moments which lead to one night stands, courageous actions we normally don't do, & the beautiful DVD sets of girls gone wild....

Seriously though... Thank you fr the beer.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
Hey Hark dude, if you are in Utah go to bed as Utah is 10 hrs behind Dubai and you've been posting since 1:00 am and it is 5 am there now!

You need to be rested for those interviews.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2007
Concord wrote:Hey Hark dude, if you are in Utah go to bed as Utah is 10 hrs behind Dubai and you've been posting since 1:00 am and it is 5 am there now!

This is true, but it's the only time I can call in Dubai & make good contacts.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
harkev wrote:
Concord wrote:Hey Hark dude, if you are in Utah go to bed as Utah is 10 hrs behind Dubai and you've been posting since 1:00 am and it is 5 am there now!

This is true, but it's the only time I can call in Dubai & make good contacts.

Don't worry about Concord, he just needs a cold shower. That and his watch shows the wrong time anyway.
^ian^

Aug 23, 2007
im a salesman, 24, english just working out here for a year or so.

thats all my cv says! apart from education!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 25, 2007
Etihad airways.
timo
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 30, 2007
It was quite funny to read the posts. :D I just got approved for Real Estate Agent today...........that's apart from my other jobs.

Any one wants to buy property right from the Developer???
I promise that there are no hidden charges, agency fees or some commissions.
The genuinely interested parties can send me a PM and I will contact them for details.
Discovery Gardens is the hottest spot now adays.
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai