Ineptness

Topic locked
Ineptness Aug 12, 2007
This took place over the weekend in one of the Burger King joints:
Pointed to the picture on the menu and ordered an ice cream cone - there is only one kind. Vanilla flavour. (For anyone interested, its only for 1 dirh.)
For a full 1 dirh I didnt expect anything more of course. :lol: Then the waitress asked me what flavour I wanted. :shock:
I looked at her and asked if I can actually choose the flavour. I was surprised.
Her reply was "no!".
Erhmmmm I mean why bother asking me what flavour I want when there is non to offer in the first place.

I wasnt expected that option to begin with anyway :roll: "Hope"-stirrer I called that or just plain ineptness !! :wink:

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 12, 2007
ineptness more likely...
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2007
she probably had a rough day dude ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
Bleakus wrote:she probably had a rough day dude ;)

I think babydoll was a bit short because she couldn't access her booze :P :P :P
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 12, 2007
Edited due to abusive comment.

MOD
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 12, 2007
westside wrote:Edited due to abusive comment.

Thanks westside. You said the best. No it has nothing to do with the dry day. In fact it was NOT on a dry day. I think THE waitress didnt have enough booze (or something else) the night before !!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
You think that was bad…

On an airplane, the cabin crew comes to me and asks me: “Chicken, Beef or fish?” I said beef, she goes sorry, we only have chicken left?!!!!

Mind you, I have heard this story at least 2 times with 2 other people.
TheUnReal-
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
TheUnReal- wrote:You think that was bad…

On an airplane, the cabin crew comes to me and asks me: “Chicken, Beef or fish?” I said beef, she goes sorry, we only have chicken left?!!!!

I guess that is a sign you are flying economy !!! :lol: I had that happened to me once when I was traveling on a crappy airline
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
so which airline did you fly with?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:

I guess that is a sign you are flying economy !!! :lol: I had that happened to me once when I was traveling on a crappy airline

that hurts :( ....

i actually never eat on an airplane, but that particular time, i happen to be bored....not hungery but bored.
TheUnReal-
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
Don't stress, it happened to me once on Qantas First Class.

It's like... rote learnt questions, they know when they ask the question they're out, they just can't stop themselves.

Asking in Burger King if you'd like to choose a flavour for something that can't be flavoured though.... that's just odd.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 13, 2007

That's why I prefer the shawarma.

Shot at 2007-08-12
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
Wonder what is the insurance paid out on Syrian airline !!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
again,,,, i think driving is best. if you have the time that is.
TheUnReal-
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
TheUnReal- wrote:again,,,, i think driving is best. if you have the time that is.

Yah well, it's a bit hard to drive from Brisbane to Dubai, but I'll keep that in mind next time.
^ian^

Aug 13, 2007
all dis becus waitres lady askd u what flavor & only 1 flavor? :shocked: i think u must pass ur time thinking of vry small stupid things in ur long long day . or u must b britsh lady which then xplains so much

i like ur username, can u post ur pics ?
LG
Dubai Forum User

Aug 13, 2007
LG wrote:all dis becus waitres lady askd u what flavor & only 1 flavor? :shocked: i think u must pass ur time thinking of vry small stupid things in ur long long day . or u must b britsh lady which then xplains so much

It is not about ONE event, its about the way people act and/or react. Which is interesting. Otherwise the world will be a boring place to live in.
Besides, this is what forum is all about, putting down your thoughts and sharing of opinions. If not, why are you on the forum?? and more importanly what keeps you coming back?! :roll:

Babydoll. Use your imagination! :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
can i use my imagination instead....ummm......just kidding
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
Bleakus wrote:can i use my imagination instead....ummm......just kidding

For you, you can :D and dont think Tania !!!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
One thing I have noted is that in a lot of shops the staff ask for 1 or 2 dhs so they can give you your change in notes.

A couple of time recently I have been asked for a 1 or 2 dhs on amounts like 39 as change for a 50 and been giving 11 dhs back (1 ten note and 1 dhiram coin, probably the same one)???

Somehow I think the practical meaning has been lost in communication down the line.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:

i cant she will get jealous
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Tsk Tsk.... jealousy eh?
^ian^

Aug 13, 2007
LG wrote:all dis becus waitres lady askd u what flavor & only 1 flavor? :shocked: i think u must pass ur time thinking of vry small stupid things in ur long long day . or u must b britsh lady which then xplains so much

HP is hilarious.
MAC was pretty funny.

But this.... this is just lame.
^ian^

Aug 13, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Jealousy is in human nature. Its a normal feeling. Jealousy in moderation is ok however in excess it can be dangerous.
Geeeezzz why am I talking about human, its Tania :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
hey.....Tania has feelings too you know ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
Bleakus wrote:hey.....Tania has feelings too you know ;)

I'm sure. I'm sure.
And I sure DO NOT want her to "backfire"
I apologise to Tania 8)
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:One thing I have noted is that in a lot of shops the staff ask for 1 or 2 dhs so they can give you your change in notes.

A couple of time recently I have been asked for a 1 or 2 dhs on amounts like 39 as change for a 50 and been giving 11 dhs back (1 ten note and 1 dhiram coin, probably the same one)???

Somehow I think the practical meaning has been lost in communication down the line.

OH!! I HATE IT WHEN THEY ASK THIS! Its stupid. If I *had* 50 fils I would give it to you!! And they get upset and roll their eyes if you have something thats 20.50 and you give them a 50 note and have to give back change...
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2007
While we are in a grumpy mode, have you ever been to a semi nice restaurant and the waiter/waitress kept coming back to ask if you are ok, how's everything etc. And they seemed to come by at the right moment when you are either mouth full or slurping your spagetti. Yes, I do ocassionally slurp my pasta :oops:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:One thing I have noted is that in a lot of shops the staff ask for 1 or 2 dhs so they can give you your change in notes.

Jabba u gotta b a bit careful .. mate.. thats the most common con act... u pay 50 + 1 in total and they give u back 10 + 1 that makes it simple.. they charged 40 instead of 39 :P :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 13, 2007
Beware, LG might think you have nothing to do all day but worry about that 1 dirh they over charge you :roll:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat