Second Hand Golf Balls...

Topic locked
Second hand golf balls... Aug 01, 2007
Anyone know where I can get some good quality second hand golf balls?

Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 01, 2007
The Second Hand Golf Ball shop in Karama :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 02, 2007
sage & onion wrote:The Second Hand Golf Ball shop in Karama :wink:

I think they changed their name now.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 02, 2007
Can you two be kind enough to give me the address or instructions on how to get there? Thanks heaps.
Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 02, 2007
Ansa wrote:Can you two be kind enough to give me the address or instructions on how to get there? Thanks heaps.

Only Sage knows the address.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 02, 2007
I know the place Sage means

the address is :

The Second - Hand Golf Ball Shop
Karama
Dubai
UAE

The shop is located above the handbag shop on the corner next to the Birdie Shop. Knock on the door and ask for Shiek Tiger Woods the man with the Golden Balls.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 02, 2007
LOL :lol: :lol:
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Second hand golf balls... Aug 02, 2007
Ansa wrote:Anyone know where I can get some good quality second hand golf balls?

Better try another forum mate, it doesn't look like anyone here wants to help you.

I'll ask some golf addict friends of mine if they know a place and pm you if something turns up.
^ian^

Re: Second hand golf balls... Aug 03, 2007
Ansa wrote:Anyone know where I can get some good quality second hand golf balls?

In all seriousness, why don't you try one or two of the Golf Clubs, I am sure the correct information should be available.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 06, 2007
The golf clubs here rarely sell second hand golf balls since they prefer if you buy new balls from them... the only time I bought second hand balls was at Nad Al Sheba prior to its closure.

I might go to Karama to try to locate that shop...
Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 06, 2007
Ansa wrote:The golf clubs here rarely sell second hand golf balls since they prefer if you buy new balls from them... the only time I bought second hand balls was at Nad Al Sheba prior to its closure.

I might go to Karama to try to locate that shop...

Forget it, there is no shop in Karama, they're leading you astray.

You're right about Golf Clubs. In Australia, petrol stations were a good supply of 2nd hand balls.... not sure where to find them here yet... but hang in there.
^ian^

Aug 06, 2007
Ansa wrote:The golf clubs here rarely sell second hand golf balls since they prefer if you buy new balls from them... the only time I bought second hand balls was at Nad Al Sheba prior to its closure.

You are right Nad Al Sheba used to have them. Once in a while the other clubs have them.

Here is what I do: I use range balls on the tricky water holes (so long as there are no rangers about) :oops: . I keep four or five of them in my bag just in case (and I ran out of them a couple of times!!!!!)

I thought I saw some second hands for sale at the Montgomery (the proper course not the academy).

There is a store on beach road by the Jumeirah Mosque that sells new balls for 3 dhs (not calloways, teitelist, et. al. - just an unkonw brand). They also have all other balls cheaper than at the Golf only stores.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum