Xbox 360 Live New

Topic locked
xbox 360 live new Jul 07, 2007
hi

i live in abu dhabi and have a xbox 360. I need info please on what i need to start xbox live.....the local shop sell 1 year cards but i am not sure if i need any other equipment.

i have etisalat 512 broadband

thanks

colin

clrowlands
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: xbox 360 live new Jul 08, 2007
clrowlands wrote:hi

i live in abu dhabi and have a xbox 360. I need info please on what i need to start xbox live.....the local shop sell 1 year cards but i am not sure if i need any other equipment.

i have etisalat 512 broadband

thanks

colin

pm dr. d
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 08, 2007
Just plug your box into the internet connection and try to connect.

You can then register as a new user. You don't have to buy the 12 month cards - you can pay online and just get 3 months if you want.

Once you've registered away you go!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 09, 2007
You can't pay online as of yet as Live is not supported in UAE. If you want Live you have to buy those 12 month cards.

Live is not really worth it 'cause it lags a lot. All thanks to Etisalat and their world's most amazing internet equipment and connection. Unless, of course, you play a with few select who stays in UAE (anywhere else and it lags). Co-op with a friend is always fun.
oldmanyoung
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 09, 2007
Completely false. I enjoyed an evening of Xbox Live just last night with friends from back home. Joined on line, paid on line. Connection isn't the best, but no lag.
cadidalhopper
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 11, 2007
cadidalhopper wrote:Completely false. I enjoyed an evening of Xbox Live just last night with friends from back home. Joined on line, paid on line. Connection isn't the best, but no lag.

I think it depends on who you're with... Du or Etisalat.

I'm with Du and experience no lag at all... but some friends on Etisalat say it does lag.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 11, 2007
oldmanyoung wrote:You can't pay online as of yet as Live is not supported in UAE. If you want Live you have to buy those 12 month cards.

Live is not really worth it 'cause it lags a lot. All thanks to Etisalat and their world's most amazing internet equipment and connection. Unless, of course, you play a with few select who stays in UAE (anywhere else and it lags). Co-op with a friend is always fun.

As mentioned this is not true. I purchased my xbox in the UAE and my provider is Du. Connected and paid on line and can play fine.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 11, 2007
I have the 2mb Etisalat connection and live. Gamers, particulary in the states, sometimes complain of me lagging on their games plus I swear I a couple of seconds behind on games like Gears of War. We have set up a forum www.xboxdubai.com to get a few gamers together. One of the aims is to accelerate the arrival of hosted Live services in UAE
rolandinho
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 11, 2007
Oh if anyone wants a game my gamertag is dirtimover (Halo2,GRAW 1+2, PGR3, GOW, Vegas or Command and Conquer)
rolandinho
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 23, 2007
I've been looking at buying an xBox 360 in dubai and i've found the going rate seems to be around 1,800Dhs for the console, a controller and a game.

However, does anyone know anywhere that has good deals on xBox's or anywhere else i should look? (I've only looked in Plug-Ins, Carrefour)

Thanks guys
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 29, 2007
1mb Du connection, do you think that would be good enough for me to play online?

i look forward to your response.
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Moving from US... Jul 30, 2007
Hi, I will be moving in a month or so from the US and will definitely be bringing my 360. Any one know if I will encounter any problems.

I know my games are in NTCS. Are the games sold there in PAL?

Anything else.

PS- My gamer tag is bytme2x

Thanks
bytme2x
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Moving from US... Jul 30, 2007
bytme2x wrote:Hi, I will be moving in a month or so from the US and will definitely be bringing my 360. Any one know if I will encounter any problems.

I know my games are in NTCS. Are the games sold there in PAL?

Anything else.

PS- My gamer tag is bytme2x

Thanks

You can get both NTSC and PAL versions of games here.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 30, 2007
dr. d from play-asia or locally in Dubai? i'd be interested in finding US region games, since my system is from there
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 30, 2007
nuzbim wrote:dr. d from play-asia or locally in Dubai? i'd be interested in finding US region games, since my system is from there

GeeKay Games in MOE have a wide selection of NTSC Xbox Games.
^ian^

Jul 30, 2007
if you buy an xbox in dubai (stores like plugins) it supports the PAL version of the games right????

also anyone using etisalat 512kbps connetion to play online? is the speed enough for UAE servers atleast?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 30, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:if you buy an xbox in dubai (stores like plugins) it supports the PAL version of the games right????

also anyone using etisalat 512kbps connetion to play online? is the speed enough for UAE servers atleast?

I have seen both PAL and NTSC for sale around the traps. It pays to look and be careful. The PAL one is generally more readily available though.

As for Etisalat, I know of people using 1 meg and going ok. There are NO UAE servers though (yet).
^ian^

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum