Driving Licence Debacle

Topic locked
Re: boost Jul 17, 2007
KeithL wrote:
DUKE wrote:hey guyz, if anyone can give me a "Boost" in getting my license, ...well that would be really helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz i'm trying for almost 2 years in sharjah.......& well i'm not even getting close......cuz i still havent passed my katcha[assessment] test

cheers & good luck to all

2 years :shock:

How many classes does that add up to?

I seriously suggest that you transfer your file to another driving school where I'm sure you'll have better luck

Thats a thing i heard from most of the people, its difficult to get a license in sharjah

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Yeah!!! Jul 18, 2007
Im new on this forum. I went for the driving test on Monday after 20 lessons. I passed on my 1st attempt. I have every reason to go for the 20 classes because im holding a Malaysian passport and a Malaysian driving license. Been driving since 1995.

Good luck to all.
Zarak
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Yeah!!! Jul 18, 2007
Zarak wrote:Im new on this forum. I went for the driving test on Monday after 20 lessons. I passed on my 1st attempt. I have every reason to go for the 20 classes because im holding a Malaysian passport and a Malaysian driving license. Been driving since 1995.

Good luck to all.

all i can say is good for u:) i got it on my third attempt :) and i had been driving for over 10 years. i guess the cop just dint like my face. hehehe
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jeevan wrote:
Zarak wrote:Im new on this forum. I went for the driving test on Monday after 20 lessons. I passed on my 1st attempt. I have every reason to go for the 20 classes because im holding a Malaysian passport and a Malaysian driving license. Been driving since 1995.

Good luck to all.

all i can say is good for u:) i got it on my third attempt :) and i had been driving for over 10 years. i guess the cop just dint like my face. hehehe

not your face, its your biceps :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

BabyDoll wrote:
Jeevan wrote:

Good luck to all.

Thanks Jeevan. I was abit worried, but luckily i got it. Phew. If not, i have to go through 8 more classes before my next driving test and it will be a miracle if it takes a month. Just can't depend on taxi in Dubai. There is no proper taxi stand unless you are in City Centres.
Zarak
Dubai Forum Visitor

BabyDoll wrote:
Jeevan wrote:

Good luck to all.

Might be the case:) orelse the sun must have reflected off my head in his eyes so he saw the mistakes i dint see :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2007
I heard that if you have a British License you don't need to take a test, is that true?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 18, 2007
That's correct!

No test, just pay a few dirhams and they give you UAE license!

One of the few benefits of being British these days.......
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 18, 2007
The Major wrote:That's correct!

But....you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 18, 2007
maybe - but we do have a thorough testing process - hence we able to otain a UAE license without any lessons.

This is crazy though, as I honestly have no ideas of UAE road laws (I assume there are some) they really should make everyone at least take a short theory test if not practical!
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 18, 2007
The Major wrote:maybe - but we do have a thorough testing process - hence we able to otain a UAE license without any lessons.

This is crazy though, as I honestly have no ideas of UAE road laws (I assume there are some) they really should make everyone at least take a short theory test if not practical!

I'd say they are all common sense. Roundabouts are of course free-for-all. But one difference at least between USA and UAE is that you don't get pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. You can actually fly through it if there are no oncoming cars. My bro ran into the back of a Canadian guy who jammed the brakes at a stop sign with no oncoming cars. Unexpected move by the Canadian around here.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 19, 2007
gtmash wrote:
The Major wrote:That's correct!

But....you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.

Where do we do that?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 19, 2007
The way the system works here is it depends if there's friendly trade between the 2 countries. One would expect you can drive in the UK with a UAE licence ... or at least that is what I have been told !!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jul 19, 2007
I think you can drive with any license for the first 12 months then you must take theory and pactical tests. That applies to all EU countries as far as I know.
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 27, 2007
has any of the complainants actually sat down and think to themselves.....

"Hrmmz......they kept me out of Dubai or Sharjah roads for a reason....."

but then again.....looking at the kind of drivers we have here.... i wonder how half the UAE actually passed their driving exams!!!!
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 27, 2007
dodgeek wrote:has any of the complainants actually sat down and think to themselves.....

"Hrmmz......they kept me out of Dubai or Sharjah roads for a reason....."

but then again.....looking at the kind of drivers we have here.... i wonder how half the UAE actually passed their driving exams!!!!

Hmmmm, there's a thought :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 30, 2007
and .. this is what happened later on:

got my e-mail from df,
recieved numerous emails asking me to get 'em passed
i din reply initially to all, but i did respond to a paki guy,
coz he wined like a dog

that motha fcuk promised me 800 dhs for feeding the driving inspector on duty as on the same day of his test,
i took his details, got him passed, the inspector called me and informed me that he had the guy done with the test.

and the only thing i hear even today since then, when i call dat SOB is innal hatiful mutharak ......

such a sob ..sucka ..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jul 30, 2007
so kindly,

all of you loosers, dont e-mail or call me for getting you passed in your fcuk drivin test.. hell with you all unlisenced tricky fcuk heads!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Aug 01, 2007
gtmash wrote:I'd say they are all common sense. Roundabouts are of course free-for-all. But one difference at least between USA and UAE is that you don't get pulled over for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. You can actually fly through it if there are no oncoming cars. My bro ran into the back of a Canadian guy who jammed the brakes at a stop sign with no oncoming cars. Unexpected move by the Canadian around here.

In Canada they teach you to make a full stop at a stop sign, count to 3, then move on. I almost failed my test there because I committed the horrendous crime of only waiting for 2 seconds.

On another note, I would approve an extra mandatory 20 hours of driving lessons for people who don't have the necessary prerequisite (a penis). The only time women are not driving recklessly is when they're not using the rear-view mirror to apply makeup, which is never.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 01, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
In Canada they teach you to make a full stop at a stop sign, count to 3, then move on. I almost failed my test there because I committed the horrendous crime of only waiting for 2 seconds.

On another note, I would approve an extra mandatory 20 hours of driving lessons for people who don't have the necessary prerequisite (a penis). The only time women are not driving recklessly is when they're not using the rear-view mirror to apply makeup, which is never.

wow, i would love to kick your a**
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 01, 2007
bushra21 wrote:wow, i would love to kick your a**

Let me guess, you'd kick my a** but can't pay attention to the road long enough to get to my house?
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2007
WOW! i will not run.... i will pay...... :D

ahamed wrote:and .. this is what happened later on:

got my e-mail from df,
recieved numerous emails asking me to get 'em passed
i din reply initially to all, but i did respond to a paki guy,
coz he wined like a dog

that motha love promised me 800 dhs for feeding the driving inspector on duty as on the same day of his test,
i took his details, got him passed, the inspector called me and informed me that he had the guy done with the test.

and the only thing i hear even today since then, when i call dat SOB is innal hatiful mutharak ......

such a sob ..sucka ..
v8chris
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum