Salik - Being Charged While Not Passing The Toll Gate

Topic locked
Salik - being charged while not passing the toll gate Jul 12, 2007
Anyone been charged for passing a toll gate while never been near it at that time?

Call 800-72545 ask to speak to a Teller; ask him/her for 'your toll gate transactions'. Then you will find out: for how many times & at what time of the day you have crossed what Toll Gate.

Some collegues got surprising information. For example: never crossing Garhoud Bridge BUT: being charged for passing Garhoud toll gate..... and after that within 11 minutes Al Barsha toll gate!!!!

astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 12, 2007
not surprised a bit, got a fine on my car when it was parked throughout the day in my office parking. :S.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Salik - being charged while not passing the toll gate Jul 12, 2007
astridindubai wrote:Anyone been charged for passing a toll gate while never been near it at that time?

You're not the only one. Papers have several reports and letters of similar complaints.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 12, 2007
I think these are teething problems which will be resolved soon. But the RTA should make allowance for this and not turn a deaf ear to these complaints
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
KeithL wrote:I think these are teething problems which will be resolved soon. But the RTA should make allowance for this and not turn a deaf ear to these complaints

Lets hope they do Keith, but somehow I doubt it m8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

am suprised Jul 12, 2007
.. you mean .. everyone needs to call that number and check it out,, even if you have no salik sticker as well as never even crossin that area..

strange
tins210cd
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007
I would bet a box of chocolate some people have bought Salik Tags and put someone else's car reg on the form

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 12, 2007
do people who live in jumeira need one?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2007
Salik isn't dependant on where you live Bushy, if you drive over Garoud or on SZR past Barsha/MOE then you get charged.
arniegang

Jul 12, 2007
I would like to know what Salik is going to do about Saudi plates being charged
arniegang

Jul 12, 2007
oh...thanks!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2007
arniegang wrote:I would like to know what Salik is going to do about Saudi plates being charged

Stoning at the border m8 :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 13, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
arniegang wrote:I would like to know what Salik is going to do about Saudi plates being charged

Stoning at the border m8 :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jul 13, 2007
slightly digressing... but would you pass through either of the gates (and be charged) on a journey from Dubai Marina to Dubai Festival City?

i'm not too sure where the gate at the MoE side of SZR is
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 13, 2007
jcraiggibson wrote:slightly digressing... but would you pass through either of the gates (and be charged) on a journey from Dubai Marina to Dubai Festival City?

i'm not too sure where the gate at the MoE side of SZR is

If you went down Sheikh Zayed Road and then over Garhoud Bridge you would pass Salik on SZR just before Interchange 4 opposite MoE and then the one just before Garhoud Bridge, so that would be twice, presuming you went the sam way back that would be 4 x 4 = Dhs.16.00
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 13, 2007
sorry, i should've been more clear, i meant if i just headed towards Emirates Rd to avoid SZR would i be charged?

ie would i pass under the gate at interchange 4 on that route?

thanks again for your help
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 13, 2007
jcraiggibson wrote:sorry, i should've been more clear, i meant if i just headed towards Emirates Rd to avoid SZR would i be charged?

ie would i pass under the gate at interchange 4 on that route?

thanks again for your help

You should come off before interchange 4 other wise you will pass the salik, or alterantively go along the beach road and come across SZR at interchange 4, get on to Al Khail road and then get onto the new bridge straght into Festival City.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat