Warning !!! Use Carefully Social Network Sites Like Orkut

Topic locked
Warning !!! Use carefully Social Network Sites like Orkut Jun 28, 2007
Who ever using these kind of public sites has to be very careful. NEVER EVER provide your personal details like photos phone numbers.

See a funny photo 'who is chatting on the other side?'
Watch a video how a photo can misuse
http://meninweb.blogspot.com/2007/06/us ... twork.html

inthearth
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Warning !!! Use carefully Social Network Sites like Orku Jun 28, 2007
inthearth wrote:Who ever using these kind of public sites has to be very careful. NEVER EVER provide your personal details like photos phone numbers.

See a funny photo 'who is chatting on the other side?'
Watch a video how a photo can misuse
http://meninweb.blogspot.com/2007/06/us ... twork.html

Yes but why did they have to use EJ's & HP's photo :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
According to the Grand Mufti, using social networking sites to meet people is Haram, and you will be executed.

As for the morphing video, that was ridiculous!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 28, 2007
^ian^ wrote:According to the Grand Mufti, using social networking sites to meet people is Haram, and you will be executed.

And even those who are not coming to dubai to co-habitate, drink alcohol, or show bare shoulder or hair but just to enjoy the beaches should heed the following warning:

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:According to the Grand Mufti, using social networking sites to meet people is Haram, and you will be executed.

And even those who are not coming to dubai to co-habitate, drink alcohol, or show bare shoulder or hair but just to enjoy the beaches should heed the following warning:

Your following warning doesn't seem to be working.

Must be the newly installed Sage Haram Filter.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 28, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:

Your following warning doesn't seem to be working.

Must be the newly installed Sage Haram Filter.

If you mean the Simply Another Grand Exageration Haram Filter?

I think you are right.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
haha

u can join me guys at orkut . i dont mind any hanky panky wid my pictures . I am used to get flames.
But u can talk to ur old colleagues and family members through orkut and i met my old friends from high skole.

http://www.orkut.com/Home.aspx?xid=6304869403710146172

PS" concord , ian ,St. and other ppl r u joining me " :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 28, 2007
HP wrote:haha

u can join me guys at orkut . i dont mind any hanky panky wid my pictures . I am used to get flames.
But u can talk to ur old colleagues and family members through orkut and i met my old friends from high skole.

I clicked the link but it said "This site is for perverts and if you enter you will be executed and then deported in pine box". It-is-a-lot blocked it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
thats why muslim countries are full of GAY :lol: . They make u complete Gay . :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 28, 2007
HP wrote:thats why muslim countries are full of GAY :lol: . They make u complete Gay . :lol:

HP I think you are wrong on that one. Being gay is illegal in Dubai, they are arrested, executed and deported thereofore there are no gays in dubai.

Ian will confirm.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
Concord wrote:Ian will confirm.

sure he can :lol:

Gays r not public in Islamic countries , they are hidden . They dont need Gay Parade like Germany :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 28, 2007
HP wrote:

Gays r not public in Islamic countries , they are hidden . They dont need Gay Parade like Germany :P

HP maybe that is the solution to your perpetual search for a girlfriend. Instead of a date with "Ana" you could date "Abdul"!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2007
Concord wrote:
HP wrote:

HP maybe that is the solution to your perpetual search for a girlfriend. Instead of a date with "Ana" you could date "Abdul"!

when i was kid , i used to go at Mosque for getting islamic lesson or reading quran. The guy who used to teach us , he always used to ask for my picture :oops: . I always used to get extra favour from him.

what a loser he was . Thanks God i stopped going when i changed skole. :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 28, 2007
Concord wrote:
HP wrote:thats why muslim countries are full of GAY :lol: . They make u complete Gay . :lol:

HP I think you are wrong on that one. Being gay is illegal in Dubai, they are arrested, executed and deported thereofore there are no gays in dubai.

Ian will confirm.

Dubai does not follow any policy of deportation after execution. Body-reclaiming of course another story.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 30, 2007
HP wrote:haha

:) :) :P :twisted:
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 04, 2007
The video clearly uses two different but similar looking girls. Its not the same picture being modified.

And orkut is blocked now anyways....stupid.
oldmanyoung
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 05, 2007
Orkut is banned in UAE, but u can still acess it through other means, if you don't know that its your problemo.

I am as usual happy ORKUTING..........

Cheers :D
vicks_20012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 05, 2007
Do you guys read Gulf News? They got it banned.

Gulf News also did numerous articles featuring illegal people living in abandoned buildings as a "special interest" story. Later they all got deported.

Gulf News also did some stories of shop workers living in cramped conditions in a room above the shop. Later they all got kicked out of their home.

I get the feeling that Gulf News' attempts to do social work always backfires.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 06, 2007
oldmanyoung wrote:The video clearly uses two different but similar looking girls. Its not the same picture being modified.

And orkut is blocked now anyways....stupid.

The point here is the personal information can misused and like lot of incident happened all over the world. If the social network used in a good manner is fine, but some cases are not.
inthearth
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007
Share it at least who has younger children in the family and make aware of them the good and bad sides of the social networks
inthearth
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat