Anyone Know Where The Emirates Cabin Crew Live??

Topic locked
Anyone know where the Emirates Cabin Crew live?? May 04, 2007
Hiya, Im not sure if anyone on these boards can help but it's worth a shot.

I have recently been employed by Emirates as part of their Cabin Crew.

I know they have numerous places they prefer to house their employees but was hoping someone here might know for sure??

I have heard Millennium Towers mentioned?

Are they normally quite central or do they house us closer to the Airport???

Thanks in advance

x

tash28
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 05, 2007
21st Century Tower on Sheikh Zayed road is 100% occupied by Emirates Cabin Crew. It's the building that carried the World Cup 2006 advert and when I left in January was advertising the Lagoons (I think), although it may have changed since then.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=21c ... abemirates

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

May 09, 2007
millenium tower is da new buildinig...stones throw away from the burj dubai tower under construction....its located at the fringe of business bay on SZR...

u need to get a car :). thats coz there aren't any shops or restaurants within walking distance!!!! its not like 21st where u go down and u get shops....
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 09, 2007
dodgeek wrote:millenium tower is da new buildinig...stones throw away from the burj dubai tower under construction....its located at the fringe of business bay on SZR...

u need to get a car :). thats coz there aren't any shops or restaurants within walking distance!!!! its not like 21st where u go down and u get shops....

Everyone delivers.

Cabin Crew don't need cars.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2007
Their accomodation has been shifted to Qusais....

Cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2007
I believe they have a Building in Deira as well... I'm not sure if its the cabin crew, but I'm sure the ground staff stays there coz I know someone who just moved out of there into the Emirates Hills !
Mashaal
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 22, 2007
Contact Central Services
jacobdxb
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 22, 2007
from what i see they have the option of staying in crew accomdation or getting a housing allowance and staying where they can afford to. i know five or six members that have used their alowances to buy properties - others stay in rented villas/ appartments and some stay in company owned appartments
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 23, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:from what i see they have the option of staying in crew accomdation or getting a housing allowance and staying where they can afford to. i know five or six members that have used their alowances to buy properties - others stay in rented villas/ appartments and some stay in company owned appartments

As I understand, pilots, 1st officers and the like do get an option for a substantial accommodation allowance if they choose not to take emirates accommodation - but 'beef or chicken' stewards/esses only get around 30,000dhs per year if they dont take the staff shared accommodation.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Anyone know where the Emirates Cabin Crew live?? Jun 23, 2007
tash28 wrote:I have heard Millennium Towers mentioned?

Are they normally quite central or do they house us closer to the Airport???

Millenium Tower on SZ Road not close to airport but ok location in general. EK supply buses for transport to airport. Qusais closer to airport but far from everything else. There are other locations including near Defense Roundabout, Garhood, and more. If you have a choice, SZ road gets my vote.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 23, 2007
admog wrote:
dbxsoul wrote:from what i see they have the option of staying in crew accomdation or getting a housing allowance and staying where they can afford to. i know five or six members that have used their alowances to buy properties - others stay in rented villas/ appartments and some stay in company owned appartments

As I understand, pilots, 1st officers and the like do get an option for a substantial accommodation allowance if they choose not to take emirates accommodation - but 'beef or chicken' stewards/esses only get around 30,000dhs per year if they dont take the staff shared accommodation.

I know a just-hired Emirates steward. They make much more than that. He lived in that tower and then moved out and took the allowance, which itself is more than 30k.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 23, 2007
gtmash wrote:
admog wrote:

I know a just-hired Emirates steward. They make much more than that. He lived in that tower and then moved out and took the allowance, which itself is more than 30k.

the 'around 30k' was for the allowance NOT the salary.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2007
admog wrote:
gtmash wrote:
admog wrote:

the 'around 30k' was for the allowance NOT the salary.

Hehe, okay. Confusion in the lines.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 26, 2007
if you don't like the accommodation emirates give you, you can always crash with me in dubai marina...

god, i can't believe i just thought that - i need to find a new girlfriend, this desperation is starting to show!
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 26, 2007
jcraiggibson wrote:if you don't like the accommodation emirates give you, you can always crash with me in dubai marina...

god, i can't believe i just thought that - i need to find a new girlfriend, this desperation is starting to show!

I know a large hairy former truck driver called Bubba from Alabama who needs a place to crash. He is a bank manager now, so I think he left his off-beat tendencies back home. But just sleep on your back, just in case.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 26, 2007
gtmash wrote:
jcraiggibson wrote:if you don't like the accommodation emirates give you, you can always crash with me in dubai marina...

I know a large hairy former truck driver called Bubba from Alabama who needs a place to crash. He is a bank manager now, so I think he left his off-beat tendencies back home. But just sleep on your back, just in case.

:D :D :D :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum