Etisalat Favourite Country Plan SCAM

Topic locked
etisalat favourite country plan SCAM Jun 24, 2007
Hi well I'm just logging on from a long time ago to warn you not to take up the too good to be true 20% discount on phone calls to your favourite country offer from Etisalat.

I just got the text and I was almost going to sign my life away when I checked their call rates against normal wasel rates. You will nearly pay double for SMS and phone call rates if you take up the offer.

I guess it would only be good for those with friends in "their favourite country" and those that had no friends in the UAE

Kind of like some Forums users hey? :lol: :lol:

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: etisalat favourite country plan SCAM Jun 24, 2007
hey my sweetheart Sister ,

well come back to forum :P
Congratulation ur team has won cricket world cup :P

I usually call my mom 3 or 4 times in week ! as i have lot of money , so i dont care about bills :lol:
Kill bill .........
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 24, 2007
you know HP I was in Karachi yesterday - well the airport anyway - but they wouldn't let me off the plane. I told them let me off - I need to see my brother - but they force fed me biriyani and told me I would be a national security risk to pakistan
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 24, 2007
scarlet wrote:you know HP I was in Karachi yesterday - well the airport anyway - but they wouldn't let me off the plane. I told them let me off - I need to see my brother - but they force fed me biriyani and told me I would be a national security risk to pakistan

oh oh ! we waited outside airport for hours , even mom made chicken biryani for u , so that u can eat it during ur flight :=).

Dont u worry , Ian ,concord and their friend sage are heading to Pakistan to participate in my marriage (provided i find a girl). U can join them. Well these boys r not risk to secruity but themselve :=) .

I am Islamabad based ,not Karachi :=).

were u coming from Australia ? How long does it take to go Australia from Dubai?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: etisalat favourite country plan SCAM Jun 24, 2007
scarlet wrote:I just got the text and I was almost going to sign my life away when I checked their call rates against normal wasel rates. You will nearly pay double for SMS and phone call rates if you take up the offer.

I don't get it. How would they charge more after a 20% discount?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 25, 2007
Ok - you only get the 20% discount on calls to your nominated country.

But in order to get that privilege you then pay more for normal calls in the UAE and more for SMS's in UAE and internationally.

It would only work if you were calling one country all the time.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 25, 2007
scarlet wrote:Ok - you only get the 20% discount on calls to your nominated country.

But in order to get that privilege you then pay more for normal calls in the UAE and more for SMS's in UAE and internationally.

You could get a separate Sim specific for this purpose though... if you made a LOT of calls. Would that work?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 25, 2007
scarlet wrote:Ok - you only get the 20% discount on calls to your nominated country.

A normal call is now 24 fils per min, right? How much higher does it go?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

FCP Jun 26, 2007
I wish it was 24 fils but its 30 fils and when you subscribe for FCP you are charged 33 fils/ call , 30 fils for local sms and 90 fils for intl sms. Any other country other than your fav country you will be charged 10% higher. Being a staff in Etisalat I know its wrong but people should tihnk that nothing comes free and there is ALWAYS a catch with Etisalat.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 26, 2007
bsorc wrote:I wish it was 24 fils but its 30 fils and when you subscribe for FCP you are charged 33 fils/ call , 30 fils for local sms and 90 fils for intl sms. Any other country other than your fav country you will be charged 10% higher. Being a staff in Etisalat I know its wrong but people should tihnk that nothing comes free and there is ALWAYS a catch with Etisalat.

I'm sorry that was 24 fils/ min off peak & 33 fils/minute when you subscribe for FCP
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat