Brick/Block Layer Looking For Work In Dubai

Topic locked
Brick/Block layer looking for work in Dubai May 25, 2007
27 years old, Currently living in Australia. 1 Year out of apprenticship and looking to travel to Dubai for experience. Main line of work has been commercial construction. Hard working and very keen to consider any job opportunities that are brought forward.

If you know of or have anything in this line of work please dont hesitate to contact me tvs20_7@hotmail.com

If you require any further info please let me know.
Cheers,
Tyron[/b]

tenno
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 03, 2007
to be honest mate, you wil find it next to impossible to find work on the tools here in the UAE. construction companies can bring in labour from asia at a fraction of the cost in comparison to trade qualified guys from the West. unpalatable but true. best of luck anyway
c2518
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 04, 2007
Any management experience?

Bricklaying will get you about $10 a day here working in temperatures hitting over 50.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jun 04, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah it seems from my research that management jobs are the only real way to go in UAE.
I would be willing to take on a manager role, the hard bit will be finding someone to offer it to me i suppose.
The Heat does not bother me.
tenno
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 04, 2007
tenno wrote:The Heat does not bother me.

:lol:

After two summer months working outside in Dubai 6 days a week you might change your mind.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 10, 2007
bonk wrote:

After two summer months working outside in Dubai 6 days a week you might change your mind.

:lol: i agree, i thought the heat wouldn't phase me as i was used to working in 40 degrees ... then factor in the humidity...

most construction here, is shutter and pour - very little actual building and block work. i'd suggest that you try and contact some of the larger construction companies in dubai and forward a cv. try for something near the bottom for starters, if you are keen you could quickly work your way up. don't try for a senior or mid-managerial post straight off, as with out the experience they will simply toss your cv. start lower down - it's an easier "in", and then build up your experience. construction methods in the middle east are different from those in other areas of the world.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 10, 2007
bonk wrote:

:lol: i agree, i thought the heat wouldn't phase me as i was used to working in 40 degrees ... then factor in the humidity...

most construction here, is shutter and pour - very little actual building and block work. i'd suggest that you try and contact some of the larger construction companies in dubai and forward a cv. try for something near the bottom for starters, if you are keen you could quickly work your way up. don't try for a senior or mid-managerial post straight off, as with out the experience they will simply toss your cv. start lower down - it's an easier "in", and then build up your experience. construction methods in the middle east are different from those in other areas of the world.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 12, 2007
thanks for the tip. I was unaware of how little block work there is in Dubai. I just heard the place was booming and i'd give it a shot. I am keen, but as someone else pointed out $10 a day is a slap in the face.
Cheers,
tenno
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted