Talk Me Through The Rent Thing...!!

Topic locked
Talk me through the rent thing...!! Jun 02, 2007
OMG I can't get my head around the rent!

Dh and I like the finer things but also try to be practical and reasonable. We try not to live beyond our means. Hubby told me over the phone tonight that the rent is $60,000 australian a year! Is that right!??! That is insane money and something I can't my head around. Is there a shortage? And would we be better buying something, and selling up here?

We are looking at the Lakes, the springs, etc, I think, from what he said. Although, wherever we go, I would like to be within a reasonable distance of the Dubai Autism Centre for my son.

PJ
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 03, 2007
$60k Oz is about 180k dhs? That and more is market rate for a 3+ bedroom villa. Steep for a 1 bdrm apartment. Yes there's a shortage.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 03, 2007
believe it PJ-- rent is insane here. there are more units coming onto the market and that should help next year... but for now, we're all in the same boat.

i wouldn't advise buying till you spend a year here and get the sense of things. not saying it is a bad idea but you wouldn't necessarily want to something you can't flip later. and best move in buying anyway is to buy off a plan and sell when it is built!
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 03, 2007
Sydneysider wrote:and best move in buying anyway is to buy off a plan and sell when it is built!

Gets hot in the summer though living on a building site.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 04, 2007
Make sure you have a year up front or you get ripped off for even more.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum