Any Local Maps Available?

Topic locked
any local maps available? Oct 08, 2005
hi all, how r u doing? :)

i am new to emirates and moved in last sunday to join my husband here. i feel totally disoriented and out of place here compared to my nativeplace where i know almost all the places.

Is there any map of sharjah and dubai in internet, which show the street names and imp. landmarks? Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

maps you can get free of charge Oct 08, 2005
well,

you can find it in the small offices at the terminals of Dubai buses, like in Rashid Diya, or like the big one in Bur Dubai in front of Careefore. you can get a Dubai bus guide book for free...

and another way to get is those Information offices, like the one in the center of Nassar Square...

I used to try very hard looking for a map of UAE, and i got it in the book store in the ground floor of REEF MALL,(i should say close to Reef Mall) ...... there is maps but, very expensive for me.... you can go and have a look there, if it is affordable for you, you can go for it.

Emily.
eastbeauty
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 09, 2005
where can we get the dubai bus guide free?
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Thanks Oct 24, 2005
I found this post thread useful, hmmm I guess the online maps sites are not available for Dubai.

Ravi
my_z3
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 24, 2005
12 seconds on google, just for you Ravi....

http://www.statravel.co.uk/images/off/s ... ap_dba.gif
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Thanks Oct 25, 2005
Appreciate the 12seconds, fayz :D
my_z3
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 25, 2005
when i lived i sharjah the streets didnt have names..only the big roads and squares..

dont know if that has changed by now..

one time we needed an ambulance so my dad called and he was trying to explain where we lived..eg: next to the yellow building where there is a grocery shop..bla bla. and so we waited for 10 minutes and nobody showed up so my dad called again and they said oh well they couldent find the place so the ambulance came back..
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat