Tim Hortons

Topic locked
Tim Hortons Apr 15, 2007
A question to all those Canadians living in Dubai. How do you guys live without Tim Hortons coffee?

stun
Dubai Expat Wannabe

No Timmy's Apr 15, 2007
Stun,

I had to laugh when I read your post.

I'm not sure how you get by, you just due. Take it one day at a time. Starbucks isn't bad, but its no double double form Tims...

Also, get friends and family to bring some when they visit.
CanuckEng
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 15, 2007
Oooohhh Stun,

It was with so much trepidation that I opened your topic.

I thought you were going to anounce that there's actualy ONE!!!!
Believe me, I would drive daily to Dubai just to have 1 extra large doble-double.......

Canuck, if you have friends or family coming soon.... I'll pay with dry gold for some Tim Hortons :wink:
Fujairah-girl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 15, 2007
Fujairah-girl wrote:Oooohhh Stun,

It was with so much trepidation that I opened your topic.

I thought you were going to anounce that there's actualy ONE!!!!
Believe me, I would drive daily to Dubai just to have 1 extra large doble-double.......

Canuck, if you have friends or family coming soon.... I'll pay with dry gold for some Tim Hortons :wink:

What is the world coming to, Canadian coffee indeed :shock: :shock: :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 16, 2007
Sage,

had you tried it you would have known what are we talking about here :wink:
Fujairah-girl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 17, 2007
Forget the coffee. What about Timbits?? :(
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 17, 2007
I don't even like coffee and I know enough not to question the mighty Tim! By the way, this month they're doing this triple chocolate thing...the donut, the muffin...I gotta get one right now. And I can because I'm in Brantford!
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Tims Apr 17, 2007
Giggsy,

Thanks alot, rube it in.

Bad enough we miss the LEAFS, but no Tims either.

And before everyone jumps all over me, I know Leafs Suck!
CanuckEng
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 17, 2007
Maple Leafs are amazing :)
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2007
Guys,
I'm not in Dubai yet but just wanted to put out a feeler.

BTW - Fujairah-girl. Making the stuff in your own coffee maker isn't ever the same as the real Timmies.

Oh yeah.. forgot to mention "roll up the rim to win" just ended.

stun.
stun
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 21, 2007
Stun,
What a teaser you are :lol:

If you are coming this way... PLEASE BRING IT !!!!! I agree it's not the same, but ummm.. the smell of it.....

You can bring some paper cups as well. This would completely numb the sense of drooling I have since you opened this topic...

When are you coming to the UAE?
Fujairah-girl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 25, 2007
Hey Fujairah-girl,
Planning on coming around the November timeframe and I will pack a whole suitcase it.

Guys - I'm taking orders!!! Let me know if timbits are in high demand.

Just had a thought.. Is anyone interested in openning up a Timmies.

regards,
Stun
stun
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 25, 2007
If the people who drink it think "Starbucks ain't bad" then obviously we ain't missing out on much.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2007
I'm a student in Canada and I've lived all my life in Dubai.

You know, starbucks isnt that bad but for the cost of each coffen in Starbucks, i could probably afford another 3 cups of coffee... not that im really fond of Tim Hortons. It was the only coffee shop in my Dorms and we have 3 other branches around the campus.

If Timmies had to come here... Dunkin, Baskin, StarB's, Muffin Break, Costa etc wouldnt let it stand a chance. Besides, I personally enjoy the coffee at any enoc or eppco station early in the morning which I like better.

The only thing I miss about timmies is the affordable Iced Capp and like earlier mentioned by mighty.one the Tim Bits... come to think of it.. i also miss their English Toffee at times...

We have enough alternatives here... Tim Hortons would be an impossiblity acheieved if it were given a miracle to open a branch here in Dubai !
Mashaal
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2007
Mashaal,

Wait a minute. Are you actually coomparing Tim Hortons to Gas Station Coffee ???? Have you learned nothing in Canada?? I wouldn't spread your opinion around campus too much, those words could be considered treason in Canada. :lol:

You'll come around, Tims will grow on you.

My delivery arrived to Dubai a few weeks ago. I'm good for 6 months now. No more Ennoc and eppco coffee. Nothing like pressing a button and getting a coffee.

Enjoy Tims while your in Canada.
CanuckEng
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 09, 2007
LOL... It's good to know where ever I go I have a Tim Horton fan around always.. :-)

Well, I wont argue on this... each one of us here are born with different taste buds..

BTW, since i just read you screen name, did canucks make it to the finals? I'm missing out the fun in Vancouver. I could only imagine the stuff happening around :-p
Mashaal
Dubai Forums Member

May 11, 2007
I haven't had a X-large double double in 1.5 years :( but my wait is soon coming to an end, we have tins of Tim Hortons Coffee at home but I agree with above comments not the same and where is the chili that's so good you eat the bowl?

If they open a Wendy's/Timmie's combo shop I'd be in heaven.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Tim Hortons May 13, 2011
Good news for all TIM HORTONS lovers,

Tim Hortons soon in UAE...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/05/uk-timhortons-idUSLNE71401220110205

Sat Feb 5, 2011 10:45am EST

(Reuters) - Tim Hortons Inc (THI.TO) (THI.N), Canada's largest restaurant chain, signed a deal with Dubai-based Apparel Group to open up to 120 restaurants in the United Arab Emirates and neighbouring countries, to expand outside North America.

The properties will be developed and operated by Apparel in the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and Oman, Tim Hortons said.

"There is an opportunity over the long term to explore international opportunities and seed the Tim Hortons brand in various markets outside of North America," said Don Schroeder, Chief Executive of Tim Hortons, citing demand for the company's Always Fresh premium coffee and baked goods.

The Oakville, Ontario-based company, which has a few stores in Britain and some military bases in the Middle East, had about 3,040 restaurants in Canada and 587 in the United States, as of July 4.

Apparel Group, which operates brands like Tommy Hilfiger and Aeropostale, has over 500 stores in about 14 countries.

Tim Hortons shares closed at C$41.24 on Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Gowri Jayakumar in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
rami77
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum