Here From Canada

Topic locked
here from canada Apr 27, 2007
Hello everyone. I have just found this site and thought i would say hello. I am a 44 yr old male from Canada and visiting for a few months working out on Palm jermeira. The work might end up taking a few years so I thought this might be a nice way to meet people. I work hard all day and really come back to the villa to cook and relax. I am not really into bars, although on thusday evening it is nice to go to a nice little irish or English pub. Anyone know if a nice quaint spot????

Hope to hear from you.

C

smithy2
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 27, 2007
Welcome :D
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 27, 2007
hi there. welcome on DF . check the events section cause from time to time there r some DF meetings planned.

:)
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

thanks Apr 28, 2007
Thanks very much. i am starting to get out and meet people. Lots of nice people here. Very refreshing. i will look into these meets. thanks again.

C
smithy2
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 28, 2007
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

The palm hotel Apr 29, 2007
The palm hotel, right beside Hard Rock has a nice Irish bar.
zeddy
Dubai Forum Guest

hard rock Apr 29, 2007
hahahha..that's funny!!! been there. Must have picked a bad night as it was quiet and just didn't seem that friendly. I am actually staying very close to that at the Meridian condos right beside.

I went to the barista bar on the beach. That was a nice crowd. Want to try the irish village. i heard that is nice. i used to design Irish bars back home, so it's nice to find something close to authentic.

It's been only two weeks, so I guess I have seen a few places. Wow, it's hard to get around here though!!! the roads seem to change daily!!! lol

C
smithy2
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 30, 2007
welcome aboard,

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2007
CHEERS :lol:
lion0009
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 02, 2007
Welcome...........
raina
Dubai forums Addict

thank you May 02, 2007
well thank you everyone for the nice welcomes. Everyone here has been so nice, no bad stories yet!!!! Amazing for a large city that it still has a small town feeling as far as meeting people and getting to know them. Hope fully i can get to know even more of you.

maybe somone can amswer me a question. I was on a site back home (plentyoffish) whisch is a dating site, and miss talking to the friends I made on there. Seems to be blocked, and I heard there are free zones that you go and surf more easily???? Are there internet cafes there we can visit? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Thanks again for all the nice welcomes....makes me feel at home!! lol

talk to you all soon

C
smithy2
Dubai Forum Visitor

hi May 05, 2007
hi
harrysat
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

welcome May 06, 2007
hello there and welcome....
smithy2
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 28, 2007
hi...hi...hi...and welcome to dubai...

nice place and lots of activities here..just check the internet and you will really find lots of nice places that you can go to.
chariza
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2007
Come to Internet City they don't block any site lol....I am new to this site...hoping to meet new friends :P
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2007
thats right in DIC it's unblocked internet, that's where i work and can access anything i want. also if you live where DU services, they don't seem to block any sites, or haven't when i've tried from home and i live in JBR.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Let us not talk about it Jul 28, 2007
Hey everyone,

Please do not spread the word about DIC and their non-blocking of sites. After all, we will regret it later on.
Siwash
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 29, 2007
Hi smithy,

Welcome to DF and nice to hear your comments about DF.

There are some coffee shops in Media City and dubai internet city wehre you can surf internet by connecting your laptop.

Nothing is blocked there. You should try...

Cheers,
agentx
Dubai Forum User

Jul 30, 2007
Irish bars - try Dubliners or Irish Village. That one by the Hard Rock is not so great.

Bar Zar (Souk Madinat) is not Irish but is cool.

Slainte :)...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance