Help With Setting Up Wireless Internet At Home...

Topic locked
Help with setting up wireless internet at home... Apr 21, 2007
I have been trying to set up the wireless internet at home for the past few days with no success... the IT infrastructure of the building I am staying in is provided by DIC (Dubai Internet City). I bought a Sitecom router over the weekend but failed to connect... not even the IT support from Sitecom could make it work! I then was told that the DIC has a special configuration to force households to purchase more internet sockets (they only provide one socket for their monthly internet subscription). The internet access is from a wall socket and no login or password is required.

If you know which router I should get or how to overcome this problem, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

shaq
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 22, 2007
I believe this should go to the next door (Dubai High Tech forum).

Where did you buy the modem/router. There's a chance that if you buy the modem/router from one country it will not work on another country. I had to set manually VCI and VPI settings when using a modem used/bought in Paris to be used in Bangkok. Check this out to make sure it's compatible with Etisalat's settings. By the way, I just realized that I didn't change the settings when moving from Bangkok to Dubai. So it must be VPI=0 VCI=100.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk