Dubai Banking?

Topic locked
Dubai Banking? Sep 28, 2005
Hi all,

Me again!! this time with Banking questions.....

I have several Direct Debits I must maintain while working in Dubai.... I am currently banking with Barclays.... could I use my account in Dubai? Could I get paid into my UK account??? or do I have to transfer money constantly and pay the fees??? :?

Do you recommend any particular International bank that would be easy to open an account with?? and that at the same time it would be easy to pay accounts in London from??

Do you reccon it would be easier to pay in advance here and forget the compfy instalments?

One more thing....when you have saved some money here in Duabi, can you easily take it out with you into another country? Is this easier done by an International Bank Account? Would the bank Tax me? :shock:

UFFFF....I know....WHAT A BORING SUBJECT!!! :x

Sorry! and THANKS!

bucammra
Dubai Forum User

Sep 28, 2005
I have an account with HSBC in Dubai - my company only pays in local account in AED. This account called Status - (income above AED7000/month) allows you to make one scheduled transfer per month free of charge abroad - in a currency of your choice (I dont know if any currency but for sure the major ones) . And they have a good internet banking service.

Robert
RobertS
Dubai Forum User

Sep 29, 2005
Also there is a branch for Barclays in Dubai its in the EMaar Buisness park across the street from Dubai Internet City
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 29, 2005
Thanks for that!

HSBC sound good...that way I can always send some money to my London Account Monthly for free...I think that is a great deal!!

Perhaps what I do is open an HSBC account here too... That way my banking records would look pretty good... :wink: .... If I manage to safe anything once in Dubai, that is!!!! :roll:

Thanks again!! x
bucammra
Dubai Forum User

Oct 01, 2005
Hey,

Yeah I also bank with HSBC, was with Arab Bank to begin with - company's choice not mine - what a nightmare it's like banking in the dark ages where you have to go to the branch for anything.

But with HSBC you can do everything online too, transfers, bill payments etc, I never go anywhere near a branch and that's just the way I like it, and the free transfer home every month is handy too.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum