Hours Of Sleep?

Topic locked
Hours of sleep? Apr 14, 2007
How many hours of sleep do you usually get? Are you an insomniac or a sleepy head?

KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 14, 2007
im more of a sleepy head... believe it or not..i once slept for like 12 hours!! :oops:
Dr.Angel
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 14, 2007
Dr.Angel wrote:im more of a sleepy head... believe it or not..i once slept for like 12 hours!! :oops:

Wow... well I guess we can all be very sleepy at times.

I'm not an insomniac, but I don't get many hours of sleep. Around 5 hours tops. I used go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 3am >_<
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 15, 2007
I always try to get my healthy 8 hours, but it doesn`t work every night.

Normally I get 5-6 hours.

But it`s ok.......I`m still alive and I don`t look very old or tired.

Well, I hope so :wink:
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 15, 2007
Ifind when I eat well n train more I can get away with 5-6 hours otherwise 7-8hrs strait
RaideN
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 15, 2007
insomniac :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2007
I get healthy sleep. But back in college days.. I'd slept continuously for 21 hrs .. exhausted after the exams n no sleep all study daynights... beat that.. :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 15, 2007
RaideN wrote:Ifind when I eat well n train more I can get away with 5-6 hours otherwise 7-8hrs strait

Yeah... same here. Aside from the eating... when I'm training a lot I don't need much sleep.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Hours of sleep? Apr 15, 2007
KageofSoul wrote:How many hours of sleep do you usually get? Are you an insomniac or a sleepy head?

You have to sleep 8 hours.
BTW,doctors say that you can count 1 hours as 2 if you go to bed before 12 pm.
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2007
seven hours and never felt tired :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Smart wrote:
KageofSoul wrote:How many hours of sleep do you usually get? Are you an insomniac or a sleepy head?

Huh... which doctors? Doesn't make sense to me.

Not all human body's work in the same way. We can get accustom to different lifestyle patterns or daily schedules that would seem extreme... but that's just Humans.

8 hours for the average person... I could agree. But not for everyone, it's a scientific fact that you actually need more sleep when younger and you don't need as much when older.

Either way... 5 hours is always good ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Smart wrote:

realllyyyy??? im studyin medicine since last 3yrs..havent read such a thing ever!!!! :roll:
Dr.Angel
Dubai Forums Member

Dr.Angel wrote:
Smart wrote:

realllyyyy??? im studyin medicine since last 3yrs..havent read such a thing ever!!!! :roll:

It's probably just some theory. Though it could still hold some weight. I'd like to know the premise or scientific explanation for the claim.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Dr.Angel wrote:
Smart wrote:

A close friend to mine is a doctor and she told me that when I had some problem with my insomnia.
I am talking to an average person (the one who starts work at 8-9 am).
Definitely children need much more time tosleep, but it is an adult chat, is not it?
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Smart wrote:
Dr.Angel wrote:
Smart wrote:

A close friend to mine is a doctor and she told me that when I had some problem with my insomnia.
I am talking to an average person (the one who starts work at 8-9 am).
Definitely children need much more time tosleep, but it is an adult chat, is not it?

Oh... I see. But do you have any sort of explanation for it? I find all this pretty interesting. Though it's hard to accept random statements without knowledge of their source.

And yeah... as I said I'd probably agree if we're speaking of the average person.

And I wasn't talking about children, I simply stated...

"it's a scientific fact that you actually need more sleep when younger and you don't need as much when older"

This is said to be due to the fact that when we're younger, we're learning, perceiving and attempting to comprehend much more information than we are when older and more mature. Simply because our natural inquisition simmers down as we gain more understanding thus alleviating the stress of the brain cells and mind processes which, quite evidently induces fatigue over long periods of time, as the mind/brain needs time to rejuvenate its continual intricate functions.

If you have any extra scientific info on this, I'd be glad to hear ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 15, 2007
sleep = waste of time
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 15, 2007
I used to aim for 10 hours. Stressful job = more recovery time needed. At least in my case. Then the missus and I had our first child. He's now 2 1/2 so I can get 7-8 hours straight a night. Anything less and I feel hung over. Even when I haven't been drinking!
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

i cant Apr 15, 2007
ya i cant sleep too much some time we can--------------------------
harrysat
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2007
giggsy wrote:I used to aim for 10 hours. Stressful job = more recovery time needed. At least in my case. Then the missus and I had our first child. He's now 2 1/2 so I can get 7-8 hours straight a night. Anything less and I feel hung over. Even when I haven't been drinking!

Very true. And it's damn nice to to be able to sleep long at those times ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
it s changing 4-5-6-7 hours, most of time 5 hours.
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 17, 2007
I usually sleep around 8 hours but I can live with 5

It happend to me once when I did a very tough physical job that I slept for 16 hours then woke up for 3 hours and then slept again for 12 hours :P that was a record :D
Pals
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat